Thread: Heltah Skeltah-d.i.r.t.(da Incredible Rap Team)

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Heltah Skeltah-d.i.r.t.(da Incredible Rap Team)

You know when I think of gritty rap I think of a few people and usually it’s either Wu-Tang Clan or the Boot Camp Click comes to mine. Both crews are very similar and very different but we here to talk about the return of the dynamic duo or rap in the ‘90s and still are the tightest around. Yeah I said it Heltah Skeltah is back wit a vengeance don’t believe me just take a look at what Sean Price did on his own wit “Monkey Bars” and “Jesus Price Superstar” and what Rock has done recently with “Shell Shock”.

From the opening of the album you feel the grittyness and the comedic edge from both emcees on tracks like “Everything is Heltah Skeltah”, to “The Art of Disrespekinazation” to “Da Beginning of Da End” all show the grimy side that NYC has in it. And this album bangs from the various often very consistent productions that doesn’t let up. One of the most standout tracks on the album is the title track “D.I.R.T. (Another Boot Camp Clik Yeah Song)” which is where both Ruck and Rock come super hard and tear it down from the 1st verse to the end of the song. Now I mean the whole album they tear it down but they went extra hard on this song. I think bumped this song back to back (over and over again for like a straight hour when I heard it) and their so relentless especially Rock showing he hasn’t lost it especially after his disappointing mixtape this year which was good but let allot of fans down.

For the most part this album bangs out even the closer track “Ruck and Roll” where they bang out hard knock honest gritty flows over rock influenced drum beats and hi-hats, etc. plus every track is strong and shows allot of grit and grime. I think even the comedic angle on all the songs is very refreshing showing the brutal honesty but not being all serious in a time where entertainment can be an escapism for those that love this type of hip hop music. At the same time it is a good dose of true reality rap that isn’t proliferating everything the radio plays and they stay in their own lane. And I think it’s because the digital community loves this and will latch onto the real stuff not the image package stuff which is all cool cause hip hop is a well rounded cipher at times then again things can be lopsided like a square. So I guess it’ll depend on if you ride wit the Boot Camp Click and love lyricism mixed wit humor this for your if you don’t I don’t know what to say too you.

Rating: 4 out of 5
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 12-14-2008 at 10:05 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

your sig is wrong. its Jay Cutler, not Jake Cutler. and the record was alright. i was dissapointed in Rock's rhymes mostly and i've heard Ruck come better than he did on this record, but he was dope nonetheless. I had really high expectations for this and it was tight but it wasnt what i had hoped for. 3.5/5 best tracks are Ruck and Roll, Insane, D.I.R.T. and Everything is Heltah Skeltah. Oh, and Ruck outshines Rock so much on this album it makes me really want another sean P record

Rock is wack now

3/5

-

Haven't heard the album yet but i'll check it out later. I wanna peep Rock's Shell Shock mixtape. I used to have his Veteranz Day and The Best Of Rock mixtapes and those were decent. I didn't like Sean P's solo albums because of most of the beats but he's a good mc.

Boot Camp and Wu-Tang have a strong tie in with 2Pac which explains why all styles are somewhat similar. Behind all the flash and dash, 2Pac was originally the New York bred rapper who was going to connect with Boot Camp and sign Wu-Tang under Makaveli records. Just some trivia for you folks.

Aside from that I always loved Heltah Skeltah but because of the album artwork I probably would never check this. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I want that Magnum Force shit. Not something that looks like it came from a Captain Cameltoe comic book.
    www.myspace.com/anubis5

Grab my latest LP "Black Market Designer Love" from Target's website.
    http://www.target.com/gp/search/177-..._1_1&x=13&y=12

-

LOL@album cover hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wack album but they're good rappers.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.