Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Full blown takashi miike yakuza horror theater

Wu fanatic from Brooklyn jaupoon's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RINO View Post
    storywise all 3 movies are completely unrelated to each other, only thing they have in common is their main actors, so it doesnt even matter which one u watch first, theyre all dope but my fav is part 2

I AGREE Part 2 is by far the best. And even out of all Takashi miike films its very high on the list of his best. The cinematogrophy, story, action, surrealness, shock value, and its even got a sentimental reminicing calm quality to it too at times.

Personally I was NOT a fan of the first film. Sure the intro and ending were cool but it just didnt hold my attention (And i watch all kinds of flicks, it doesnt have to be violent or fast paced to be good, hell, Seven Samurai is my fav flick of all time).

2 was amazing

and DOA Final I enjoyed a lot too. I like how most of the film has this ominous yellow color to it and the sci-fi script and the action scenes are once again amazing as usual.

So YEAH to anyone whos starting to get into Miike be sure to pick up the boxed set its definately on amazon and might be on EBay too, but you might be able to order/buy it at a suncoast store.

Miike has a lot of great Yakuza (for those who dont know, Yakuza is basically the Japanese Mafia) films. I just saw Deadly Outlaw Rekka for the first time a few nights ago and was definately impressed. Agitator is pretty good too.

Banned

Deadly Outlaw Rekka is far and away my favourite.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by menes View Post

edit: peepin audition now on this bitch!!! cheaaa ,

maaaaaaan that movie was fucked up hopefully there not all like that haha bitch and sticking it in

mothafucking cut threw flesh and bone damn that was raw

i needa watch an action movie by this niget
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

Takashi is da gawd man. Ichi the killer was sooo dope!!! I also really dig Audition, kiri kiri kiri kiri

Wu fanatic from Brooklyn jaupoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wontonloogie View Post
    Takashi is da gawd man. Ichi the killer was sooo dope!!! I also really dig Audition, kiri kiri kiri kiri
    Start checkin out his other flicks too man. Those flicks are just the tip of the iceberg, hes such a talented dude. You should prolly pick up the Dead Or Alive box set or Gozu next.

Quote Originally Posted by Energy Turtle View Post
    Yeah I get some stuff off Amazon and 100 proof hit me up a good website called http://www.hkflix.com/home.asp but honestly I get a lot of this shit from JB Hi Fi - the one in the city has a killer Eastern section but you would have better luck on hkflix for obscure films.

Infact it seems HKFlix are having a sale of some sort and for three movies I just paid $4USD for shipping so you might want to get in on it.
    Yeah, i already have all the Miike films i could get at JB, which is less than 5.

I'll check that site out also, cheers.

I'll hit up amazon for other, less easily located shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wontonloogie View Post
    i was not lookin at asian girls for about 3 weeks hahaha

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

I still don't know what to make of Visitor Q.

Probably the most disturbing film i've ever seen, and i found it hard to glean anything from.

Might have to endure it again, because it was interesting.

DrunkenMasta303

^^^u gotta look at it like this: the film is about the most fukked up shit (prostitution, incest, rape, necrophilia, heroin, that boy beating up his mum, etc) all thrown into 1 family! = making it the most dysfunctional family ever!!! so the Visitor Q steps into their life trying to bring that shit back to ''normal''

..basically the film is a satire of society filmed with a digital camera to make it look like a documentary of life! lol 1 of my fav Takashi Miike flicks

Lightbulb

Interesting thought, i completely agree with your perspective.

Banned

I finally got around to watching Yakuza Demon. It wasn't bad.

Yo, it isn't Takashi Miik but have you seen Takeuchi's Tokyo Mafia movies?

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by RINO View Post
    ^^^u gotta look at it like this: the film is about the most fukked up shit (prostitution, incest, rape, necrophilia, heroin, that boy beating up his mum, etc) all thrown into 1 family! = making it the most dysfunctional family ever!!! so the Visitor Q steps into their life trying to bring that shit back to ''normal''

..basically the film is a satire of society filmed with a digital camera to make it look like a documentary of life! lol 1 of my fav Takashi Miike flicks
    Yeah, i mean, i don't really feel the need to find meaning in everything i watch, but when something doesn't entertain me superficially i think it's important.

I took Visitor Q is a pretty black satire of stories of broken families reuniting.

The family is fucked up initially, as in many other movies, however, instead of a series of inspirational and redemptive events occurring, things become more and more fucked up as the Visitor coaxes them.

Then, these obscene events culminate in an ending similar to a lot of those other straight forward broken family becoming united stories.

Everything that occurs in the film would be viewed by most people as morally abhorrent, and in most other films such action would ultimately result in punishment and failure, but Miike shows these events lead to a twisted but ultimately "happy ending".

I don't think i'd say i enjoyed watching it, but i found it interesting and unlike anything i'd seen before.

I jus got me a copy of ICHI The Killer from a local used shop, they had alot of Takashi's films on a list so I reserved a couple more

I'm fuckin psyched to watch this shit!!!!!
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

^^ Yea I jus watched this movie over the weekend, dope flick

The HighMindedLowLife SilvaFistz's Avatar

funny thing that this i just seen this thread cuz i took audition to work yesterday. this chick was grossed out and mad confused about it lol!!