Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Ironman II

i am becoming increasingly bored with hollywood's attitude of 'let's adapt these fantasy stories and properties and suck everything fantastic and supernatural out of it'...
    then why not come up with your own more plausible and realistic story? i guess this is why superman has had to battle lex luthor in four out of five of his movies, or why galactus was a dust cloud in the fantastic four films. selective palusibility? i don't get it.

these films are dealing with inherently unrealistic concepts in the first place, so all this talk of making things more 'realistic' is laughably stupid...the only films that somewhat suceeded with this approach are nolan's batman films.

i thought the movie was decent, but the screenplay was a poorly structured mess, and rockwell seemed to get all of the best lines.

fantasy oriented are the best, its already not possible for any of this to happen, i mean if we want jus robots and robots, watch transformers, which wasnt that great, but its already fictional, go out all the way

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Veteran Member

Regardless, doesnt matter what the fans want lol, its the director/producer. Favreau's already decided no fantasy villains in Ironman which mind you was originally planned as a trilogy. There will be no Mandarin, and the the last two movies already showed robotic/realistic bad guys.

^^Favreau has already said that he plans to use Mandarin in the next one.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Veteran Member

/\ Thats what he said pre-Ironman I, and hes surrounding himself with people against the idea. Hes clearly still going for that human/robotic armor villain type evidence by both Obaidiah & Ivan

^^^ya but there's really nowhere else for him to go with those type of villains unless he does a version of 'armor wars' which would be especially redundant after this last movie...they'll have to start incorporating other aspects of the story unless they want to keep retreading this premise.
    the extremis story could easily be adapted to a film and would still be somewhat 'realistic'

Veteran Member

They probably will actually. Look at Terminator lol, how many movies are you going to have with a machine trying to kill a kid/young man? (minus Salvation). Marvel is probably trying to avoid the mystical villains for Ironman III considering nearly ALL of the Thor movie in 2011 WILL BE MYTHICAL FIGURES OF NORSE MYTHOLOGY. THAT is the movie that is intended to be more fantasy oriented (Thor, Odin, Lokie, The Warriors 3). Plus if anything in Ironman 3, the director has already said Ironman II was going to be a bridging gap to the Demon In A Bottle story when Tony cant let go of the bottle and War Machine has to take over his super hero duties.

Last edited by KZA; 05-17-2010 at 05:12 PM.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH manhattan360's Avatar

It would have been better if it was Iron Man Vs War machine (Don Cheadle)/USA Goverment since they were considering him some sort of a threat.Instead they have Mickey Rourke who is a great with not much to work with be two different characters(Villains) who are defeated quickly such a bore the trailer made him look so deadly as whiplash they should have just stuck with that character instead of combing two.
    GIFSoup

Visit the Site Peace
    http://www.themathhattan.com/

{>____<}

I finally got around to watch this film and I have to say that I was very pleased!

Good film!