Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ironman II

Default First Official Photo from Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2

Exactly as Jon Favreau promised on twitter, the first official photo from Iron Man 2 has been unveiled tonight over at USA Today. Although I wasn't expecting to see much, this is actually an awesome first photo, giving us a big hint that Tony Stark may be building a "Hall of Armor" of Iron Man suits, just like in the comics. But of course, we won't know more details about that or even know how many different suits he has until we get to see Iron Man 2 next summer. "It's never easy with summer movies, but we're trying to keep as much a surprise as possible," Favreau says. Without further ado, check out the first official photo!

Iron Man 2 takes place "six months after Stark revealed his identity as Iron Man" at the end of the first movie. Favreau explains that the story this time will indeed involve a little bit of that public relations crisis. "How many superheroes are open about their true identities?" Favreau asks. "We wanted to play with that idea. But it obviously has consequences — in his relationships, on the team. There are a lot of areas we can explore." As for the villain(s) or how much we'll get to see of S.H.I.E.L.D., Favreau won't be talking about that. But it's good to keep everything so mysterious, right? I know it definitely makes me more excited!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/...us-iron-man-2/

^thats great

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

The suit on the left looks like the suit built in the cave at the start of the 1st film.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Just found this...

Sam Rockwell Describes New Look For His ‘Iron Man 2’ Character, Hints At ‘A Lot Of Improv’

Published by Rick Marshall on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:24 am.
    Actor Sam Rockwell was in town last week for the Tribeca Film Festival debut of his science-fiction thriller “Moon,” but given the chance to chat, we had to ask a few questions about another little film he’s working on these days — namely, “Iron Man 2.”
    Originally announced way back in January, Rockwell will be playing the role of Justin Hammer, a rival industrialist attempting to bring down Robert Downey Jr.’s “Iron Man,” Tony Stark. While the actor hasn’t been able to share many details about the much-anticipated sequel thus far, we did get an answer to one of the questions on many comic book fans’ minds: Will his character in the film be made to look like the white-haired, geriatric Justin Hammer of the comics?
    “They wanted to go with a rival for Tony Stark who is closer to his age, and make him American,” Rockwell told MTV News of the new look for the Marvel villain.
    However, just to make sure we were on the same page, we picked up a copy of “Iron Man” #240 before the interview to offer Rockwell a comparative look at the Justin Hammer known to comics fans.
    “That looks like Jeremy Irons,” joked Rockwell of the Hammer character in the comic. “I guess they couldn’t get Jeremy Irons for it.”
    Although Rockwell said his character wouldn’t be fighting or flying in the sequel (”My character is the brains, not the brawn,” he said), he did reveal that production has featured no small amount of spontaneity among the cast members.
    “There’s a lot of improv,” said Rockwell of the ongoing “Iron Man 2″ filming.

Source - http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/05/05...lot-of-improv/

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by drippie k
    terrance howard was great in the first one, i dunno why they decided to change him...
    $

The new pic makes me more excited for this. Can't wait for 2010.

Iron Man 2 Concept Image: Whiplash?

These have yet to be confirmed as genuine though.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

First Look: Mickey Rourke as Whiplash

n Iron Man 2, the scarlet and golden-metaled hero must face an adversary with some amazing gadgets of his own. Whiplash (Mickey Rourke) sports a power pack on his chest that looks similar to the one that Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) uses.
    "The technologies are definitely related," says director Jon Favreau. "That's part of the core theme of the film."
    The villain's alter ego, Ivan Vanko, is a Russian who "has constructed his own version of a suit," Favreau says. Among the creative innovations: a pair of whips, powered by the suit's glowing chest piece, that are expected to keep Iron Man cracking.
    Whiplash "is going to light them up," Rourke quips.

This first image of the character shows Whiplash making an appearance at the Monaco Historic Grand Prix. Favreau as usual is tight-lipped about plot points and declines to discuss whether the big-screen Whiplash is, as in the Marvel Comics, a weapons designer who works for Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell), a competitor of Tony Stark/Iron Man.
    "We like to play into and against the expectations that people might have, so we mixed it up a bit," Favreau says.
    Rourke's performances in Sin City and The Wrestler helped convince the director that the actor was the best candidate to face Downey in his sequel to last spring's blockbuster that grossed $318.4 million.
    "It was very important that the villain be as compelling as can be. … Once I thought of Mickey in that role, it made me understand how to shape the story."

Source

Nice, thanks. Hopefully that's not the final version of the suit though.

- KP -

The villain's in this movie are going to be more interesting in this movie than the first. I can't wait till they show The Black Widow.

^^^scarlett in skintight black leather ftw

and that shot of mickey rourke maybe them showing a test run for the whiplash technology; russian government pr or something, i mean you see all the spectators in bleachers in the background...that first shot tauro posted is probably close to what the final suit will look like

Emily Blunt should've been Black Widow.

Two reasons:

1) She's hotter than Scarlett
    2) She's a better actress than Scarlett

how long is this movie going to be if they're going to have justin hammer, whiplash, black widow, nick fury, jim rhodes and of course, tony stark? sounds like they're falling into the cliche of throwing in tons of characters.

i liked the first movie, even though it self destructed in the third act with jeff bridges overracting and just generally throwing any brains in the garbage.

^^ Yeah, that's the mistake they did with Spiderman 3 IMO. The Sandman was pretty cool by himself, they should of saved Venom for part 4.