• average

38 16.38%
  • mediocre

8 3.45%
  • wack

4 1.72%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - The W

Still can't stand this album, worst Wu album for me.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Fifteen year anniversary today. This one had a lot of mediocrity to me. I guess my expectations were too high. Listenable, but far from their best work. I seem to be in the minority here, but I actually liked Red Bull and Redman tore it down

Fantastic, mostly classic LP with an eerie, dark vibe that ranks with the Wus best LPs.

Well considering The RZA said on "Bells of War" that The Wu won't come back out until the year 2G, and he delivered, giving us a 36 Chambers sequel in 2000, I hold this Wu album in high esteem as a personal favorite.

Love the first two singles, "Careful (Click, Click)" & "Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off)". Both are throwbacks to 36 Chambers in a nice way.

"Chamber Music", " Hollow Bones", "Redbull" ft. Redman, the Masta Killa standout solo "One Blood Under W", "Do You Really (Thang, Thang)" and the hidden track "Clap" were the bangers for me with the aforementioned singles.

"I Can't Go To Sleep" featuring an emotional Ghost rap rarely heard, the enprisoned ODB/Snoop Dogg laced "Conditioner", and the softer than should've been beat of "Let My Niggas Live" ft. Nas matched up with Rae & Deck, round the album out as the third best group album.

"Gravel Pit" served its purpose as a radio single while giving us dope rhymes from Ghost, U-God, Rae & Meth among the others.
    Fav Wu Members - Deck . GZA . Ghost
    Upcoming
    GZA/Genius – Dark Matter ; Liquid Swords II: The Return of the Shadowboxer * Inspectah Deck – Uncontrolled Substance 2 * Raekwon – The Purple Tape Files ; Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. III * Ghostface Killah x MF DOOM – DOOMStarks: Swift & Changeable * Ghostface Killah – Supreme Clientele Presents… Blue & Cream: The Wally Era * Method Man – Crystal Meth * Method Man x Redman – Blackout! 3 ; How High 2/Too High * Masta Killa – Loyalty is Royalty (9/29)

I expected a lot after Supreme Clientele, but was let down by unnecessary features and uneven production. I view this album as a missed opportunity 4 the Wu. Shame.

-

LOL@Djaminha and 8 hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.