38 16.38%
  • mediocre

8 3.45%
  • wack

4 1.72%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - The W

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Don't hate on me, man. I was a kid back than, and I'm still a kid, right? My first 'wu-album' was Return to the 36 Chambers.....and matter-of-fact, Forever is so deep that even other races didn't understand everything at the first 10, or even 100 listens...like what race u r even cares, man....don't act like a hip-hop all knowing G.O.D. just cuz u black

u were being racist back there...stop doing that...it ain't nice, man

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Don't hate on me, man. I was a kid back than, and I'm still a kid, right? My first 'wu-album' was Return to the 36 Chambers.....and matter-of-fact, Forever is so deep that even other races didn't understand everything at the first 10, or even 100 listens...like what race u r even cares, man....don't act like a hip-hop all knowing G.O.D. just cuz u black

u were being racist back there...stop doing that...it ain't nice, man
    I'm not acting like shit, I'm just keeping it real, that's why they brought down the lyrical content.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

ok ok, I'm not trying to act wild and mad and try to fight with you...its just, ... ( listen to my theory )just cuz white people listen to rap, they shouldn't downgrade their lyrics... they did it to be more commercially appealling - that's also why there are guest spots on the W and that's why they have a Kay Slay track on it (which I don't love, but then again, I really don't hate it either...) -> matter of fact this is their most commercial appealling group album....not bad, but I feel like some tracks were really only to get new fans, by some new beat styles and shit like that, pop hooks ( Gravel Pit, Do You Really )

That's the reason y The W isn't high up there with the Forever album for example. On the forever they were true to their fans, and they tried harder.

And I also wanted to say, if the white people never liked hip-hop, there wouldn't be no Beastie Boys, no Steve Rifkind also (so where would Wu be now?)

ok its a little confusing post, but I think u smart enuff to get my point

ok ok, I'm not trying to act wild and mad and try to fight with you...its just, ... ( listen to my theory )just cuz white people listen to rap, they shouldn't downgrade their lyrics... they did it to be more commercially appealling - that's also why there are guest spots on the W and that's why they have a Kay Slay track on it (which I don't love, but then again, I really don't hate it either...) -> matter of fact this is their most commercial appealling group album....not bad, but I feel like some tracks were really only to get new fans, by some new beat styles and shit like that, pop hooks ( Gravel Pit, Do You Really )

That's the reason y The W isn't high up there with the Forever album for example. On the forever they were true to their fans, and they tried harder.

And I also wanted to say, if the white people never liked hip-hop, there wouldn't be no Beastie Boys, no Steve Rifkind also (so where would Wu be now?)

ok its a little confusing post, but I think u smart enuff to get my point
    They shouldn't downgrade the lyrics but they did for ya'll. How are the guests spots commercial appealing, everyone that featured is hardcore niggaz, NAS, BUSTA, REDMAn, Snoop Dogg. Wtf u mean? LOL at itr's the most commercial appealing album with 2 radio tracks. lol ur last paragraph has nothin to do with the topic.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

If the crowds at the shows I go to are any idication, a large portion (large meaning over 50%) of Wu's fan base is white.

They Wu may have changed their lyrics for their white fan base, but let's not get carried away and think the Wu are spending countless hours agonizing over catering to white people. That is far from the truth. Not saying anyone has suggested that, but what I'm saying is anything they have done for the white audience is very insignificant in the big picture.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Guest spots are commerical appealing in my opinion b/c Snoop Busta and Nas are all hughly Commercial artists...Maybe not so much Redman. Nas, Busta and Snoop are names the non rap fan knows...Everyone knows Snoop Busta and Nas, hell my parents know all three.

I don't think adding those 3 translates to huge sales commercially for a group like the Wu, but I can see how it can viewed as a move to get some commercial appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by DNasteee View Post
    If the crowds at the shows I go to are any idication, a large portion (large meaning over 50%) of Wu's fan base is white.

They Wu may have changed their lyrics for their white fan base, but let's not get carried away and think the Wu are spending countless hours agonizing over catering to white people. That is far from the truth. Not saying anyone has suggested that, but what I'm saying is anything they have done for the white audience is very insignificant in the big picture.
    This is Wrong, The Whites BUY the albums, the Wu have a large black fan base full of O.G.'s. Don't alot of niggaz go to the shows anymore. I've been to one Wu-Tang concert, Most niggaz will go to one.
    Who the fuck said that? For this album they did that shit.

Guest spots are commerical appealing in my opinion b/c Snoop Busta and Nas are all hughly Commercial artists...Maybe not so much Redman. Nas, Busta and Snoop are names the non rap fan knows...Everyone knows Snoop Busta and Nas, hell my parents know all three.

I don't think adding those 3 translates to huge sales commercially for a group like the Wu, but I can see how it can viewed as a move to get some commercial appeal.
    This is dumb, everyone knows who wu tang is. so how can u saw that. Of couse lil kids may not know. But people know who wu tang are. lol are u white?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    This is dumb, everyone knows who wu tang is. so how can u saw that. Of couse lil kids may not know. But people know who wu tang are. lol are u white?
    I do not agree. People that listen to nowadays rap don't even know how much people are in the Wu or that Ghost is a Wu-clansman... some even haven't heard about the W ever...

about guest spots, u haven't counted in Junior Reid & Isaac Hayes...

and its strange, if they downgraded their lyrics for my skin color, why do I like all other three albums better? I just don't get it. its just dumb what u sayin

I do not agree. People that listen to nowadays rap don't even know how much people are in the Wu or that Ghost is a Wu-clansman... some even haven't heard about the W ever...

and its strange, if they downgraded their lyrics for my skin color, why do I like all other three albums better? I just don't get it. its just dumb what u sayin
    It's not dumb. If they thought you would understand them better thats dumb? Lol , are you from USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    People don't appreciate shit, this album is dark and grimey, but ya'll don't appreciate it. Only 4 guests appearances so where is all this too many guest shit coming from? And the only reasons the lyrics ain't on the same level as forever because when u white fan boys started listening ya'll didn't understand the lyrics so they toned it down. (Rae stated that numerous times). This is a great album, I'll review later.
    You crazy? There's probably twice as many white Wu fans as there are black, and that's been from the beginning.

And what accounts for the rappers that are big in the black community? Do they all have deep lyrics? Do any of them?
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

i unfortunately had a good response too all this when my computer crapped out and I'm way too lazy to retype it.

i will quickly say that commercial might be the wrong word, maybe cross over appeal....which snoop and busta certainly have....many casual hiphop fans love snoop and busta...

I also never suggested that they were included on the W for this reason, I was saying due the fact they do have that appeal I can see someone arguing that point.

Also, for as many people who know Wu, there are more who know Snoop and Busta.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

I still disagree that the Wu have more black fans than white. But that's a topic we could debate on forever and never know the answer to, so why even bother?

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

If the "whites" buy the albums.....I wonder how many whites had to buy Forever and all their early shit to make it multi platinum....that's an awful large number of whites who are wu fans...who apparently had no issues with the lyrical content on Forever. Otherwise why would the "whites" (who are buying the albums) buy all those copies?

Just b/c Rae says something doesn't make it true either.....

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

I clicked on your link, you have quite the Wu cd collection....Only a white boy would by that many cds...

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    You crazy? There's probably twice as many white Wu fans as there are black, and that's been from the beginning.

And what accounts for the rappers that are big in the black community? Do they all have deep lyrics? Do any of them?
    LOL in the beginning there were more black Wu fans than white, when forever dropped thats when it started to shift.

dude you are white, alot of white ppl don't know who wu are i can't even discuss this with you. lol

I clicked on your link, you have quite the Wu cd collection....Only a white boy would by that many cds...
    Is this a diss? There are black ppl on this website who ow more than me. And I own more shit than you do, but i could see you saying ur a true wu fan. lol it's all good with me