8 3.45%
  • wack

4 1.72%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - The W

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Please try to follow along.
    You made the argument that "the whites BUY the album."
    I was pointing out, that you, obviously not white BUY a lot of albums. As do all people regardless of color.

Also, as I stated, if you followed your argument that Whites BUY the album, you would have to come to conclusion that the majority of Wu fans are white b/c the Wu have sold a lot of albums.

I'm 31, been a fan since 92. If I don't like the album I don't buy it. I have lots of Wu cds, not nearly as much as you. I have seen them several times though and if you add the prices of all those tickets it would be a good $300 easy.
    I've met and spoken with Ghost and Theordore, also met Rae and INS.

There are alot of different things that make a good Wu fan, not simply just buying a lot of cds...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    LOL in the beginning there were more black Wu fans than white, when forever dropped thats when it started to shift.
    Hold that LOL
    While it was much more balanced, in the beginning there were just as many white fans as black fans, if not more even then.

I'm 31 also, been listening to Wu since I bought the Protect Ya Neck single, knew who The Genius was already from Come Do Me, I knew what was going on back then.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

I've got that single on cassette tape too, with the other version of Methond Man and the dirty Protect Ya Neck?

^yeah the Home grown version with the extra verse, I guess it was a demo. I don't know if I bought the cassette or vinyl first, probably cassette.
    I bought it because I had heard Method Man on a mixtape and really liked it. I think my friend bought Da Youngstas lol
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

yea I got the tape. I saw the video to Protect Ya neck on Video Music box first then the next weekend Flex debuted Method Man and I knew I had to have the album.

I actually heard Da Youngsta's on my XM radio the other day, I liked that one song they had with Treach on the chorus lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DNasteee View Post
    yea I got the tape. I saw the video to Protect Ya neck on Video Music box first then the next weekend Flex debuted Method Man and I knew I had to have the album.

I actually heard Da Youngsta's on my XM radio the other day, I liked that one song they had with Treach on the chorus lol.
    Video Music Box! That was the shit back then. Ralph Mcdaniels, Crazy Sam(was in the Shimmy Shimmy video)and the dope intro to the show with the clips of Prince and Bruce Springsteen for some reason.

Crews Pop was the name of that Youngstas song I think, definitely a cool song back in the day
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    LOL in the beginning there were more black Wu fans than white, when forever dropped thats when it started to shift.
    I still don't know how all black people knew everything about forever, and the white people didn't AND than the black people kinda stopped listening before the W hit? wow, your posts r very idiotic...u a stan believing that Rae quote was about US, white people,....It was about business...

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

hollow bones

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Sleepwalker View Post
    hollow bones
    is a nice track, yes

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I still don't know how all black people knew everything about forever, and the white people didn't AND than the black people kinda stopped listening before the W hit? wow, your posts r very idiotic...u a stan believing that Rae quote was about US, white people,....It was about business...
    I just said that shit in my previous post can u read? And I never said white ppl didn't. And if YOUR BLACK and was born in the early 90's you knew who WU TANG WAS. You're white how u expect them to know who wu tang are, my school is mostly white they dont know who wu tang are.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

In the early 90's me and my white friends all knew who Wutang were. What can I say, your fuckin' school suked then...like 70% of Wu's fan base is white, deal with it already...
    you contradict yourself in every other thread you post, you shouldn't even be allowed to write shit, you make no sense....take some more pics of your cd's clown.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

I'm not even coming back in this thread to read your shit, write what you want...I'm done....

Quote Originally Posted by DNasteee View Post
    In the early 90's me and my white friends all knew who Wutang were. What can I say, your fuckin' school suked then...like 70% of Wu's fan base is white, deal with it already...
    you contradict yourself in every other thread you post, you shouldn't even be allowed to write shit, you make no sense....take some more pics of your cd's clown.
    I'm still in school lol, I'm 17. You really can't read, I said most of wu fans are white now.Read.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I Never got to review

Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music - I usually don't rate Intros but this is a song really, Gza and Method killed this shit. 4.5/5
    02 : Careful (Click, Click) - Street Music right here, I love how Ghost starts his verse, he says some wild shit. The video is funny too. 4.5/5
    03 : Hollow Bones - I fucks with this track. Ghost kills this shit with the flow and lyrics, Raekwon and Inspectah are nice additions. 4.5/5
    04 : Redbull ft. Redman - Redman came and did his thing, Inspectah finished it off nicely. 4.5/5
    05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid - Masta Killa Freestyled the second verse? 4.5/5
    06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg - LOL alot of niggaz don't like this track, but this is hot right here. 4/5
    07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - This is my cousins favorite track off this album, Gza and Method ripped it again. 4.5/5
    08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas - This shit is hot too, Nas doesnm't come weak at all. 4/5
    09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes - I love how Ghost starts his verse off.... 4/5
    10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) - A Lil banger nothing too special. 4/5
    11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes - Whoa, Busta rips this shit. 5/5
    12 : Gravel Pit- Classic Wu shit 5/5
    13 : Jah World- I'll give it a 4 because of the second song 4/5

Lyrics 4.5/5
    Beats 4.5/5
    Overall 4.5/5

How could you say this is a commercial album, when all the guests are Hardcore Mc's? Of course they are known but listen to the tracks they on, they spiting hardcore shit. They only have 2 radio tracks on here. This album brings back that 36 chambers dark feel, alot of cats don't appreciate it though, oh well theres only one Wu-Tang Clan album left. They only toned down the lyrics because niggaz didn't understand Forever. It wasn't an industry issue, you think Wu would water their shit down after that long of not doing it. LOL Ya'll crazy...

This is a great album IMO. I have recently grown to like the Monument. I love how GZA comes in and then hesitates with the beat a little bit. Short track, but great.