• average

4 7.14%
  • mediocre

1 1.79%
  • wack

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9th Prince - Granddaddy Flow

3/5 in my opinion, solid album-some good production and 9th holds it well.

Default poll

poll for grandaddy flow
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Yeah, this cd is just one of the best cd's that dropped after Supreme Clientele. Nobody fucks with this. I love 9th Prince for this cd. Perfect grimey beats, dope guest mc's, kung fu samples. Too bad it's so damn short.
    Yeah, the shortness is my only real complaint and throwing on a track that was already released but when this first dropped i ordered it online and my first reaction was like, "This is what the new Wu shit should sound like!". You had shit like The Movement coming out and the Wu experiementing with different sounds and going more comercial but this was the sound i wanted to hear. Great album, i haven't bumped it in a minute so i'm gonna dig it back up but i loved it from start to finish, nuthin' but bangers.

The Writer should have been included though and i was lookin' forward to another 9th Prince album that never dropped.
    "There’s not too many jewels being dropped these days. Everyone wants to shake their ass. I call the club the devil’s box. Hip-hop is at an all-time low. It’s sad. It’s going nowhere but down. We’re living out the last days, the last two pages of the bible." - Ghostface Killah (REAL TALK)

WU-TANG, HIPHOP'S LAST HOPE!?!?!?

FRESH FISH

dope album, IMO best of 2003
    yeah right

If you want that grimey shit get this. It is def a banger. 9th Prince comes correct.

GENERAL WISE

8/10 great beats th prince's flow sounds bad but lyrics is good

FRESH FISH

Intro
    Camouflage Children-9/10
    Foolish Ways-7/10
    Generation Next-8/10
    Burn Bridges-9/10
    Granddaddy Flow-4/10
    Skit
    Kill Or Be Killed-9/10
    Cold Wind-9/10
    100 Degrees-9/10
    Slang Killaz-9/10
    Honeycomb-7.5/10
    Tribute To The 5th Brother-10/10
    Originators-8.5/10

granndaddyfow=8.2/10

Between 7,5 and 8, I was really positively suprised by the album, cause I never was 9th Prince fan. Very nice beats

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    3/5 in my opinion, solid album-some good production and 9th holds it well.
    I have been giving this album a few spins lately and it has grown on me a lot so I would like to go back to my previous score and re review.

Lyrics 8/10 - 9th Prince may have an awkward flow but he seems better on this than on the Killarmy albums. The guests on the album all do their thing and compliment the album.

Production 8/10 - 9th has a good ear for beats and fortunatley he was blessed with some dope production by the likes of RZA, Tru Master and 4th Disciple. Raw and gritty laced with kung fu samples, this has the wu stamp all over it.

Overall 8/10 - This album grew on me a lot, not that it was bad to begin with, it's just 9th Prince takes a while to get used to but don't get it twisted, 9th is seriously dope on this. Unfortunatley this album was given a very limited distribution so it may be hard to get hold of, I got mine on Ebay so I would recommend people look there.
    This in my opinion is an unheralded wu banga that any true wu fan cannot go without.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Original Nastukao Bucellito 136's Avatar

certified banga
    love the tracks foolish way and camouflage children

when this came out i loved it. i copped it imediatley and i said this is what the wu is suposed to sound like. 9th had the formula down. couldn't wait to hear more after this one. i agree too short but a classic in my eyes. i haven't listened to it in years though.
    "There’s not too many jewels being dropped these days. Everyone wants to shake their ass. I call the club the devil’s box. Hip-hop is at an all-time low. It’s sad. It’s going nowhere but down. We’re living out the last days, the last two pages of the bible." - Ghostface Killah (REAL TALK)

WU-TANG, HIPHOP'S LAST HOPE!?!?!?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Since I recently reviewed the new 9th Prince album I'll take the time and review this one also.

1.Intro
    2.Camouflage Children

Very Dope track to start off an album. If you're new to 9th Prince you might not like his flow, but this is very dope. 9th Prince is bringing the heat on this one, straight gritty. The beat is superb too great additional bonus. 4.5/5
    3.Foolish Ways
    Not feeling this track at all, his flow is literally nasty on here, beat is dry & the singing is weak. This could've been left off the album definitely. 3/5
    4.Generation Next - This is a very hot track. Beat is live as hell with the horns in the back. Islord starts it off fresh and 9th just lays the hammer down on this one I can't lie. My favorite line "Celebrity deathmatch, react like an ax being swung by a serial killer maniac, poetry brainiac" lol very dope. TMF do their job well also by delivering the heat. 4.5/5
    5.Burn Bridges
    Very dope beat by Rza and he's spitting crazy on this one I didn't know he was gonna bring it like this. 9th Prince is bringing heat but his flow is kind off but that doesn't take away the vibe on this track. Good to see 2 brothers on one track. 5/5
    6.Granddaddy Flow
    I just like the beat, 9th Prince is spitting some other type female shit. LOL it's all good though. His flow is kinda scattered on here like he's trying to experiment or something I can't really tell. 3.5/5
    7.Skit
    8.Kill or Be Killed
    Very dope track. 9th Prince starts it off crazy then Dom Pachino just smashes it. I love the way 9th ends the track "The title is Kill or Be Killed and you just fucking lost". Beat is crazy on here too. The bass is sick in the whip when you bang this. 4.5/5
    9.Cold Wind
    Awww. This my shit right here, I love the wind on the beat I feel like i'm outside somewhere. 9th Prince brings da heat and TMF once again murder the beat. The beat is crazy itself. 5/5
    10.100 Degrees
    This track had to grow on me, at first I didn't really like it but it grew. You really have to get used to 9th's flow to like this track. Beat is nice too. A definite banger. 4/5
    11.Slang Killaz
    Uhhh I heard these verses on Killa Beez - The Sting album. So there's nothing really new about the track. And I heard this beat from an Inspectah Deck track "Nightshift" but it seems like it has more bass to it with an extra sound. A lil Killa Sin diss was put in here "seen Killa Sin and them, ya'll niggaz sound feminine" I wonder what that was about. Islord is just spitting on here, Dom Pachino delivers a good verse though. 4/5
    12.Honeycomb
    This shit is dope. 9th's flow is very in sync with the beat. This is a track for the ladies lol, Beat is crazy on here though, some chill out shit. 4.5/5
    13.Tribute to the 5th Brother
    IDK what Rza was spitting on here, he played around on this track, but 9th Prince picks up the slack with incredible speed at one part lol. Beat is sick too. What else could you ask for? 4.5/5
    14.Originators
    Already heard this track from Killarmy's "Fear, Love & War" album. 9th is spazzing out on here, he sounds like he's on a rampage just running through cats. Beat by Falling Down doesn't disappoint at all. 5/5

Beats - 4.5/5
    Lyrics - 4.5/5
    Overall - 4.5/5

I love the beat selection on this album. 9th obviously knows what his fans want to hear unlike Wu Generals. Great beats. His Flow is great despite some tracks. And there is really not that much Filler on this album. A solid release by 9th Prince.****Overall 4/5**** ****Certified Ww-Banger****
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 07-30-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Really dope debut from Ninth Prince. Admittedly, I did not expect too much from this at first, but was pleased with the album overall

Yes, this album was definitely a pleasant surprise.
    Retired.