• Average

4 16.00%
  • Mediocore

2 8.00%
  • Wack

2 8.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wu-Tang Killa Beez - The Sting

I didn't buy this until today actually, I picked up the double-CD which was still available to order through my local record store. I have heard the album a couple times before and I definitely like it, to me it's equal to the first volume..
    Sounds like a continuation of "Digital Bullet" as someone said but production-wise i'm feeling this album more. RZA made a great job with the beats on it and lyrically the generals, Solomon's Child, Killarmy, Royal Fam, Superb, 2 On Da Road represent as usual. There's a little too much focus on the West Coast KB's though, I could easily gone without "Bar Mitzvah", "Rollin" and "Hatin Don't Pay" being on the album. I come back with a track-by-track review in a couple of days probably.

8/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

D-Infinite

Killa Beez - 4/5 - raw beat, still a bit Digi, but Deck comes correct
    Out Think Me Now - 3/5 - i like Solomons, but the beat was grating, piano was too loud
    Bar Mitzvah - 1/5 - terrible, wack joint
    Doe Rae Wu - 2/5 - Bob Digi is at his worst here, stupid beat, ODB is out of form
    Bluntz, Martinez, Girlz & Gunz - 4.5/5 - Warcloud at his best, sparse beat that fits Robot Tank perfectly
    Dancing With Wolves - 4.5/5 - another HOT track, sick beat, great lyrics, Killarmy on fire
    Spend Money - 3/5 - a bit of a meh track, nothing special, boring beat, its okay...
    Takin Up Space - 4/5 - DOPE, nice beat, hot lyrics, great song
    Rollin - 1.5/5 - apart from the dope drums, its wack...
    Get At Me - 2/5 - the moment they say "something for the radio" you know its gonna suck...
    Spit That G - 5/5 - awesome raw beat, heavy as, strong lyrics, aggressive feel
    Woodchuck - 4.5/5 - another great beat, posse absolutely kills it, WARCLOUD!
    G.A.T. - 3/5 - its okay, beat is at a great pace for North Star, pretty average...
    Hatin' Don't Pay - 1/5 - dear god, that is poor...damn Freemurda
    When You COme Home - 2.5/5 - its pretty poor, i like the vibe but Shyheim doesn't bring it...
    KB Ridin - 10/5 - THIS IS THE BOMB! Loving the raw beat, back to 36 Chambers vibe, everyone brings it, Suga Bang Bang provides a real raw sung chorus...LOVE it!

Odyssey - 4/5 - very very nice track, i like it, Digi Digi Digi...
    Thirsty - 3.5/5 - i like it, too short but a hot track
    Digi-Electronics - 4/5 - beat is a bit annoying, very Digi, but the MC's come correct...
    Billy - 3/5 - its a pretty average track
    La Rhumba - 1/5 - never liked this song at all

Hot as fuck
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

mediocre album, this album was about as good as half you muhfuckers are at gettin laid, a weak attempt
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

Quote Originally Posted by Surreptitious View Post
    this album was about as good as half you muhfuckers are at gettin laid, a weak attempt
    ha ha Did u write that urself?
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

^no doubt
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

Formerly Arsehole

Don't like it. Only tracks I really like are Dancing with Wolves and K.B. Ridin'. There's a few others but most of it sounds like some shit that was left of Digital Bulllet for good reason.

And Digital Bullet isn't a perfect album to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Antibody View Post
    Don't like it. Only tracks I really like are Dancing with Wolves and K.B. Ridin'. There's a few others but most of it sounds like some shit that was left of Digital Bulllet for good reason.

And Digital Bullet isn't a perfect album to begin with.
    nah I like the beats on "The Sting" more, never really got into Digital Bullet though but Killa Beez, Spend Money, Take Up Space, Out Think Me Now, KB Ridin and Woodchuck are crazy tracks.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Formerly Arsehole

Some of the beats were good, I will say that, but too many bench warmers and not enough Wu.

North Star suck.

D-Infinite

This album proves:

- Solomons Child, Shyheim, Lord Superb are still the best affiliate solo artists

- Killarmy & 4th Disciple together = excellent

- Warcloud doesn't need Black Knights, but Black Knights need him...oh, & North Star need all. Christbearer & Meko can't hold up a whole track together, their voices are terrible.

- Timbo King brings it on a consistent basis yet is consistently underrated. Needs to get Royal Fam together for a Killa Bee album, with Y-Kim Tha Ill Figure on the beat!

- Two On The Road are a good group. I like them. But, that track is garbage.

- Needs more Sunz Of Man, The Wisemen & Brooklyn Zu. And less singalong tracks. Bar Mitzah WTF.

- CCF suck. Shacronz & Freemurda are wack.

I've always wanted to see something on a Killa Beez album along the lines of:

1. Royal Fam track (Timbo King, Sharecka, Armel, Mikey Jarrett, Dreddy Kruger?) produced by Y-Kim Tha Illfigure.

2. Black Knights Of The North Star track (Crisis, Monk, Holocaust, Christbearer, Meko and a refurbished Doc Doom verse) produced by Bobby Digital.

3. Sunz Of Man track (Killah Priest, Prodigal Sunn, Hell Razah, 60 Second Assassin) produced by Truemaster.

4. Cilvaringz solo track produced by himself or Barracudda.

5. The Wisemen track (Bronze Nazareth, Kevlaar 7, Phillie, Salute) produced by Bronze Nazareth.

6. Da Maccabeez track (Timbo King, Hell Razah, Killah Priest) produced by Allah Mathamatics.

7. Brooklyn Zu track (Shorty Shit Stain, Zookeeper, Murdock, Buddha Monk, 12 O'Clock) produced by Buddha Monk.

8. The Cra-Z 88z track (Armel & Sharecka, Two On Da Road, Chi King, NLZ) produced by NLZ.

Suga Bang Bang, Warcloud, Cappadonna, Streetlife, Chi King, Shabazz The Disciple, Lord Superb, Shyheim, Solomons Child & LA The Darkman could all push for tracks too. Maybe a Two On Da Road track as well.

One of the few Wu albums I couldn't find anything to like on it at all. RZas production wasn't good at all - didn't like this period at all. I was lucky to find the 2cd version later on and it does have good Wu. But to me the main release is rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by D-Infinite View Post
    This album proves:

- Solomons Child, Shyheim, Lord Superb are still the best affiliate solo artists

- Killarmy & 4th Disciple together = excellent

- Warcloud doesn't need Black Knights, but Black Knights need him...oh, & North Star need all. Christbearer & Meko can't hold up a whole track together, their voices are terrible.

- Timbo King brings it on a consistent basis yet is consistently underrated. Needs to get Royal Fam together for a Killa Bee album, with Y-Kim Tha Ill Figure on the beat!

- Two On The Road are a good group. I like them. But, that track is garbage.

- Needs more Sunz Of Man, The Wisemen & Brooklyn Zu. And less singalong tracks. Bar Mitzah WTF.

- CCF suck. Shacronz & Freemurda are wack.

I've always wanted to see something on a Killa Beez album along the lines of:

1. Royal Fam track (Timbo King, Sharecka, Armel, Mikey Jarrett, Dreddy Kruger?) produced by Y-Kim Tha Illfigure.

2. Black Knights Of The North Star track (Crisis, Monk, Holocaust, Christbearer, Meko and a refurbished Doc Doom verse) produced by Bobby Digital.

3. Sunz Of Man track (Killah Priest, Prodigal Sunn, Hell Razah, 60 Second Assassin) produced by Truemaster.

4. Cilvaringz solo track produced by himself or Barracudda.

5. The Wisemen track (Bronze Nazareth, Kevlaar 7, Phillie, Salute) produced by Bronze Nazareth.

6. Da Maccabeez track (Timbo King, Hell Razah, Killah Priest) produced by Allah Mathamatics.

7. Brooklyn Zu track (Shorty Shit Stain, Zookeeper, Murdock, Buddha Monk, 12 O'Clock) produced by Buddha Monk.

8. The Cra-Z 88z track (Armel & Sharecka, Two On Da Road, Chi King, NLZ) produced by NLZ.

Suga Bang Bang, Warcloud, Cappadonna, Streetlife, Chi King, Shabazz The Disciple, Lord Superb, Shyheim, Solomons Child & LA The Darkman could all push for tracks too. Maybe a Two On Da Road track as well.
    pretty much agree on eveything, except i love North Star, love their flows and their voices!! unusual but DOPE to my ears. If only their album couldve been produced only by Mathematics, Van Helden and whoever did Simply Ludicrous, it wouldve been absolutely brilliant instead of just having six amazing standout tracks and eight fucked-up beats...

STREET CORNER, by MANO

Woodchuck. Illest track.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)