Thread: DJ Scratch DID NOT slander EPMD album

Veteran Member

Default DJ Scratch DID NOT slander EPMD album

DJ Scratch Clarifies Comments

DJ Scratch has clarified his surprising comments about EPMD's lackluster sales of their latest album, We Mean Business.

Last Firday (Dec. 19), radio personality Miss Info revealed via her blog an email from DJ Scratch with such comments as "EPMD stands for Erick and Parrish Making Diddly Squat," making light of their record sales.

DJ Scratch, who was not involved in the album, explained later via Miss Info that he didn't write the letter himself:

“I didn’t make or write that statement about EPMD’s record sales. A fan on myspace wrote that statement and sent it to me. I was shocked about what he wrote so I copied and pasted it and sent it to my friend Miss Info and a few other friends to show them how some people are still angry about our split. It was my fault to not explain in the email 'yo, look what someone wrote to me'. It’s hard express emotion via text. So I apologize for the miscommunication to Miss Info, EPMD & the fans.

But since I have the floor I will make a statement..

If I was involved with the new EPMD album the result of the record sales would’ve been the same. I listened to the album. It’s better than the last two we’ve dropped.

I would be crazy to think that people wouldn’t buy EPMD’s album because I left the group. I only produced one track per album (except Business As Usual where I produced four tracks). So that wouldn’t make any sense.

Our split was very public, I only did two interviews about our split (allhiphop.com and nodfactor.com). Anything else are not my words or opinions. We both have fans as a group and fans individually. I reached out to them when I saw the result of the sales to ask if there’s anything I can do to help. Even though we have our problems, I don’t want to see them fail, as I expressed in a earlier myspage blog."[...]

So that's a relief to hear.

-

That's good that he didn't make those statements. He thinks their new album is better than Back In Business? Back In Business album was good to me. I haven't heard the new album yet so i can't comment on it but i got it in the car right now so i'll listen to it probably tomorrow.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

So how can we know that this one letter isn't fan-made too?
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    So how can we know that this one letter isn't fan-made too?
    Who would you rather trust:

*A gossip-pusher in Miss Info;

*Hip Hop DX, a well established and pretty darn respectable hip-hop website

?

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Neither. What's the difference, anyway?
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    Neither. What's the difference, anyway?
    Well that's just a stupid answer.

Wu-Veteran

i was hyped for this album..but when i heard it i was dissapointed...the one with rae is ill..but most of the other ones just sound boring...even the one with meth got the skip.and for me that usually never happens...i think meth spit the same verse that was one that "take the heat" track that dr dre supposedly produced..im a give it another listen IMO definitley not worth a purchase

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

i read about this too
    We do it for the people.