Thread: Born King as Killa Fifth - The Secret Order

Default Born King as Killa Fifth - The Secret Order

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.p...fth-the-secret

http://www.citypaper.com/music/review.asp?rid=14242

$1.50

Born King: The Secret Order
    By Al Shipley

Born King is quickly becoming one of Baltimore's most prolific and unique rappers, having released three albums in the space of a year. Two of them, 2007's Krad Edis and the more recent The Secret Order, had Halloween release dates, and each successive album has moved toward darker and more esoteric themes, ranging from Satanism and serial killers to politics and conspiracy theories. As Born King's lyrics have gotten stranger, so have his beats, provided primarily by his younger brother, Singodsuperior, and local rapper/producers Articulate and Rickie Jacobs. "Hazel" thumps along slowly with a guitar squiggle punctuating every snare hit, evoking the RZA and Tricky in equal measure, while "Saturn's Ring" splats out drum 'n' bass percussion breaks between verses.

Unfortunately, when the murky sonics foreground the lyrics, it remains difficult to pin down Born King's convoluted message. On the 2006 song "Blue Lights," the MC lucidly criticized the Baltimore police department's surveillance camera campaign. But more often than not on The Secret Order, he lets loose with gross-out horrorcore lyrics--"bloody nails pluck out your eyeballs/ take 'em and put 'em inside of a pigfoot's jar"--that only occasionally settle into a rhyme scheme. And even when he spits game to a girl on "Refinement," he can't help but sound creepy, saying things such as "her womb got overly moist" over a disjointed piano loop. Still, it's hard to knock the originality or the work ethic of someone who will most likely release something even more uncompromising in a matter of months.

1.Intro (The Descent) (Prod. Singodsuperior)

2.Zodiac Killah (Prod. Singodsuperior)

3.Hazel (Prod. Singodsuperior)

4.Shine (Prod. Singodsuperior)

5.DNA (Prod. Singodsuperior)

6.Saturn's Ring (Prod. Singodsuperior)

7.Digital Crooks (Prod. Singodsuperior)

8.Revolationz (Feat. Articulate) (Prod. Rickie Jacobs)

9.Refinement (Prod. Singodsuperior)

10.Scripturez (Prod. Rickie Jacobs)

11.Chemist (Prod. Singodsuperior)

12.Run On Sentence (Prod. Singodsuperior)
    Last edited by singodsuperior; 12-23-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    singodsuperior.com

Hell yeah thats whats up!!! CAnt wait to bump this!!! Props on the article fellahz. Review coming soon.

gotcha

Caught up with the sky
    Shot at God.

I'm coppin

I heard it already... Like I said review coming soon... Lets put it like this... This album is a TRIP!!! I was blown away by the word play and some of the madness of this album... $1.50 for this is a giveaway!!

BTW Good looks on the shout out on the last track Killah Fifth!!!

they shitted on you on the review lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Its all good, I think they can care less... everybody has their opinons... the point of posting that review is so you can see the hustle... Born King a.k.a Killah Fifth is making moves... so far its on a local tip, but he got his album reviewed by his citys paper... I give him nothing but props on the effort. This album is not for everybody... your mind needs to be on deranged mode. One thing that some people dont know is that Killah Fifth is Born Kings derraged alliace. The lyrics are supposed to sound sickening like that; its done on purpose. The beats are also very dirty and at times even sound poorly mixed, but it gives the album its feel. I am really feeling it period.

Man, when you are an underground rapper any publicity is good publicity...a fool knows that. The point is that he got his shit reviewed in the city paper, dude is on the street where the rubber meets the road making a name for himself. The reviewer gave him credit and called him unique and prolific and said he gonna drop more and more music worth checking out...reviews are always gonna point out some cons if the writer is doing his job.

and your a fucking arse hole!!

just copped it now. I gotta finish this Tool record and then I'm gonna throw it on and after I'll write up a lil review.

how the HELL is the only getting sold for a buck fifty???? I woulda paid 5 bucks straight up.

I'm on the last track right now , thinking about the review I'm bout to type.

okay here is my review

This album as a whole was excellent. well put together. I wanted to go track by track but fuck that all of em is ill. my favorites were DNA and astrotheology and saturns ring. the end of saturns ring is the shit.

I was iffy on the intro but then I let my mind slip and I heard what was up. Thats a sick intro! Some of these songs I had heard before like the one with Artic -revolationz. When ya'll dropped that track and let us peep it I knew ya'll wasnt playin.

Thanks for the album. I still cant believe it was only a dollar fifty.

alright then , thats about it for now.

naw......no its not

YES!!!! I love the shit about smoking the constitution and the only light being a blck light. great tone on this. what did you say the high pitch noises were? gamma rays? wow , off the hook.

8.5/10

the rawness of this is dope cuz ur laid back with it.this is one of those tracks that I had heard before.I like the sample intro ,it sets the tone for getting comfy with the ride of the album. this track is like the chicken exit of the album.

YOU FUCKIN OFFER A CHICKEN EXIT ON THE ALBUM....lol thats ILL!!!!!!
    I see you

I could see Kool Keith doing some shit like this.

8/10

Wow , this one is one of my favorites.this is like some killah priest type shit.real slick with it.EXCELLENT STORYTELLING HERE.

I like the line about the sword.shit is great...

9.5/10

SICK ASS track. the beat is that shit and the flow is uncut dope!
    this is a great killa fifth track. shit is like the anthem. barbwire vocal chords is the shit too. even my lil boy caught the hook and was chanting "sun of man cuz I always shine" ,lol. Real nice.

10/10

I set up some diff post at other boards and basically threw in the picture of the album cover and the review and the link to buy the album and then I linked 2 songs on zshare so ppl knew whats up. This is one of the songs I upped to diff blogs , this and astrotheology.

I dont even need to type why this track is illa

10/10

Hell yeah! that jungle shit is wild. the whole track is hectic and well placed in the middle of the album. Whoever decided the arrangement of this album knew how to do it.

this track is so ill but I know that some ppl aint even gonna get it and just get annoyed. this seems like a hate it or love it track.

8.5/10

SICK BEAT!!!! its crazy how you flip from a track like saturns ringz to this. I already said what I thought of this track on ya page before though and here when you let us listen to it the first time.

10/10

strong track. Artic kills it. this is that track that nobody can deny. Cant nobody say they aint feelin this and if they do then you already know the deal.

10/10

I love that shit about showing a chick how to eat the right foods and the savage talk is hillarious but true. this beat is straight wild too , shit matches the killa 5th sound perfect. 5th def got a sigiture sound and thats whats up.

nice beat. not the strongest track but it heats up in the middle though. still a banger.

7/10

crazy words being said here. I like how there are titles of songs in here form the album. the break in the beat is nice too.

8/10

CRAZY ASS BEAT!!!!!!!!!! excellent track to end on. ill imagary on here. what else can I say.

shit is on point.

this is the best product from this board since Black Sunn's dawn of the black sunn.

PEace Killa Fifth.1
    Last edited by INF; 12-24-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
    okay here is my review

This album as a whole was excellent. well put together. I wanted to go track by track but fuck that all of em is ill. my favorites were DNA and astrotheology and saturns ring. the end of saturns ring is the shit.

I was iffy on the intro but then I let my mind slip and I heard what was up. Thats a sick intro! Some of these songs I had heard before like the one with Artic -revolationz. When ya'll dropped that track and let us peep it I knew ya'll wasnt playin.

Thanks for the album. I still cant believe it was only a dollar fifty.

alright then , thats about it for now.

naw......no its not

YES!!!! I love the shit about smoking the constitution and the only light being a blck light. great tone on this. what did you say the high pitch noises were? gamma rays? wow , off the hook.

8.5/10

the rawness of this is dope cuz ur laid back with it.this is one of those tracks that I had heard before.I like the sample intro ,it sets the tone for getting comfy with the ride of the album. this track is like the chicken exit of the album.

YOU FUCKIN OFFER A CHICKEN EXIT ON THE ALBUM....lol thats ILL!!!!!!
    I see you

I could see Kool Keith doing some shit like this.

8/10

Wow , this one is one of my favorites.this is like some killah priest type shit.real slick with it.EXCELLENT STORYTELLING HERE.

I like the line about the sword.shit is great...

9.5/10

SICK ASS track. the beat is that shit and the flow is uncut dope!
    this is a great killa fifth track. shit is like the anthem. barbwire vocal chords is the shit too. even my lil boy caught the hook and was chanting "sun of man cuz I always shine" ,lol. Real nice.

10/10

I set up some diff post at other boards and basically threw in the picture of the album cover and the review and the link to buy the album and then I linked 2 songs on zshare so ppl knew whats up. This is one of the songs I upped to diff blogs , this and astrotheology.

I dont even need to type why this track is illa

10/10

Hell yeah! that jungle shit is wild. the whole track is hectic and well placed in the middle of the album. Whoever decided the arrangement of this album knew how to do it.

this track is so ill but I know that some ppl aint even gonna get it and just get annoyed. this seems like a hate it or love it track.

8.5/10

SICK BEAT!!!! its crazy how you flip from a track like saturns ringz to this. I already said what I thought of this track on ya page before though and here when you let us listen to it the first time.

10/10

strong track. Artic kills it. this is that track that nobody can deny. Cant nobody say they aint feelin this and if they do then you already know the deal.

10/10

I love that shit about showing a chick how to eat the right foods and the savage talk is hillarious but true. this beat is straight wild too , shit matches the killa 5th sound perfect. 5th def got a sigiture sound and thats whats up.

nice beat. not the strongest track but it heats up in the middle though. still a banger.

7/10

crazy words being said here. I like how there are titles of songs in here form the album. the break in the beat is nice too.

8/10

CRAZY ASS BEAT!!!!!!!!!! excellent track to end on. ill imagary on here. what else can I say.

shit is on point.

this is the best product from this board since Black Sunn's dawn of the black sunn.

PEace Killa Fifth.1
    Dope ass review. I got one coming soon also.

Props on the review album is interesting as always from MTP. Beats are banging. Lovin Revolationz and Refinement.

Thanks everybody for the support!
    singodsuperior.com