my friend brought me to see this the other night cuz he had heard all kinds of good things about it and......it turned to be a pretty fuckin awesome movie..

i really enjoyed it..

it's an Indian film, probly about 85% in english with the rest in Hindi with subtitles....the synopsis is pretty complicated and interesting but I'll try to explain it: an 18-year-old Indian kid is on the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and he keeps getting the answers right all the way up to the highest prize..

and the reason he's getting the answers right is because each question seems to be connected to a memory that was scorched into this kid's mind throughout his turbulent life......
the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire scenes are intertwined with a chronological showing of the boy's life living in the grimey-ass SLUMS of Mumbai where he saw his mom get killed in a Muslim lynching at a very young age, got abducted by a crazy dude who was pimpin the kids out for money similar to what happened in the Pinocchio movie (yup, remember that shit), and lots of other crazy stuff....we follow him (main character named Salim) and his brother from the age of about 6 or 7 onwards throughout their turbulent life..

there's funny parts, sad parts, gripping parts where you're wonderin what the hell will happen....and it's cinematically done REALLY well..

and the images/scenery throughout of the Mumbai slums, the Taj Mahal in Bombay, etc. are amazing..

i highly recommend anybody go see it..

also, there was a couple previews before the movie that struck me as possibly DOPE movies....the two that are fresh in my memory were the one called "The Wrestler" which surprisingly looked like a mad deep film...

and, even more surprisingly, this one called Revolutionary Road with Leo DiCaprio and (i think) Kate Winslett----what hit me immediately was this ILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Nina Simone song that the trailer featured...looks like a dramatic, powerful real life story..

there was another movie that looked great but i can't remember it right now...