Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wu show in Pittsburgh recap

Banned

Default Wu show in Pittsburgh recap

wu showed up even later than normal. they kept saying wu was in the building, but they weren't coming out. ice water has been opening for wu most of the tour, but they didn't tonight. but there was a big surprise... berretta 9 opened. i don't know if he was supposed to or not but people started getting pissed off and booing cause wu wasn't there yet. b9 is from steubenville, oh which is just outside of pittsburgh, so he might have just been there to check out the show and decided to jump on stage just to calm the crowd down. he did his verse from militant and a couple of new tracks.

they announced that raekwon was late but he just showed up. this is the 3rd time i saw wu live and it was the best show yet. this is the most coecive i have seen wu ever. it was like they wanted to be there. i always here about gza taking off early or just hanging out behind mathematics, but he was pretty much up front and into it the whole time. ghost seemed to take over meth's roll as the energy and hype guy. other than method man, streetlife was the only no show. i think he has been with wu, i might be wrong. maybe he has been touring with red and meth.

it was great to see the whole clan singing along to you can't stop me now with rza since they have been shitting on his newer music. i can't remember what song it was, but while rza was doing his verse, he had his arm around u-god's shoulder. when rae did incarcerated scarfaces and he says "me and rza connect", u-god pointed to rza kind of like him and rza are cool again.

after a little while ghost started playing dice with a few guys off to the side of the stage. he had a handful of money too so he must have been doing good. but it wasn't like he wasn't into the show. the dice game actually became like a part of the show. he was off to the side but up to the very front. it was pretty funny.

cappa came out to the crowd when the clan did some odb tracks. he was right beside me so i got a good pic.

when everything was over, mathematics put on a beat and everyone left and deck was like, we have a curfew and i'm staying up here until they shut me off. he freestyled for a little while and just talked to the crowd that was left. the show went from about 11:30 until about 1am.

then deck hung around afterwards and took pictures with everyone and signed autographs.

here's what i can remember from the set list (not in any particular order):

bring the ruckus
    mystery of chessboxin
    cream
    tearz
    wu-tang ain't nothin to fuck wit
    protect ya neck
    liquid swords
    duel of the iron mic
    incarcerated scarfaces
    ice cream
    that's gangsta
    you can't stop me now
    run (cappadonna's)
    triumph
    reunited
    for heavens sake
    careful (click click)
    shimmy shimmy ya
    brooklyn zoo
    got your money

i know i'm missing atleast a few others.

Damn nice review. I wish they would've stopped in Detroit!!!!!

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iammzac View Post
    Damn nice review. I wish they would've stopped in Detroit!!!!!
    yea we dont get that pleasure.

I mean its not like Detroit is a big city, or has a good hip hop scene or anything.....

Banned

i know how you guys feel. this is the first time wu has been to pittsburgh as a whole in over 7 years. ghost came with theodore unit a couple years back, but gza, red and meth, and rza have all skipped pittsburgh on their recent tours.

rza also gave shout outs to mel-man who is a producer for dr. dre on aftermath and sam sneed who are both from pittsburgh. rza's dad is from pittsburgh and rza lived here for a little while when he was younger.

for those of you who don't know, mel-man produced xzibit's los angeles times and eminem's kill you, real slim shady and remember me.

sam sneed produced dre's keep their heads ringin and killah priest's Til three angels come on the offering.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

good shit man, sounds like they killed it

these fools are always late though

first time i saw them they were like an hour and a half late
    We do it for the people.

Banned

can't believe i forgot this. funniest thing of the night...

one of the entourage that ghost was playing dice with, well he looked like a young paul mooney. actually that has nothing to do with anything, but anyways, i guess his job was to find the pussy and make sure it got backstage. well there weren't really any good looking chicks there, but cappadonna is helping him get a couple girls up on stage to get them to the back room so this ummm, well let's just say, bigger girl tries to get up on stage. cappa and paul mooney are both pulling her up and they're struggling. so cappa finally gives it one more good pull and he finally gets her up, and she goes back stage and cappa does a big exaggerate wipe of his forehead and goes whew!

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

ahahahahahahah good shit lol
    We do it for the people.

Cuttin Headz

ghost did his verse from "rainy dayz" too... and masta killa did "grab the mic"

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    can't believe i forgot this. funniest thing of the night...

one of the entourage that ghost was playing dice with, well he looked like a young paul mooney. actually that has nothing to do with anything, but anyways, i guess his job was to find the pussy and make sure it got backstage. well there weren't really any good looking chicks there, but cappadonna is helping him get a couple girls up on stage to get them to the back room so this ummm, well let's just say, bigger girl tries to get up on stage. cappa and paul mooney are both pulling her up and they're struggling. so cappa finally gives it one more good pull and he finally gets her up, and she goes back stage and cappa does a big exaggerate wipe of his forehead and goes whew!

hahaahahaahah nice!! lmaooo!! good review!
    JusticEquality™

Did you get to take a glance at the wu wear they had and what their prices were?

The Lyrical Anomaly Warrior Aggressive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    wu showed up even later than normal. they kept saying wu was in the building, but they weren't coming out. ice water has been opening for wu most of the tour, but they didn't tonight. but there was a big surprise... berretta 9 opened. i don't know if he was supposed to or not but people started getting pissed off and booing cause wu wasn't there yet. b9 is from steubenville, oh which is just outside of pittsburgh, so he might have just been there to check out the show and decided to jump on stage just to calm the crowd down. he did his verse from militant and a couple of new tracks.

they announced that raekwon was late but he just showed up. this is the 3rd time i saw wu live and it was the best show yet. this is the most coecive i have seen wu ever. it was like they wanted to be there. i always here about gza taking off early or just hanging out behind mathematics, but he was pretty much up front and into it the whole time. ghost seemed to take over meth's roll as the energy and hype guy. other than method man, streetlife was the only no show. i think he has been with wu, i might be wrong. maybe he has been touring with red and meth.

it was great to see the whole clan singing along to you can't stop me now with rza since they have been shitting on his newer music. i can't remember what song it was, but while rza was doing his verse, he had his arm around u-god's shoulder. when rae did incarcerated scarfaces and he says "me and rza connect", u-god pointed to rza kind of like him and rza are cool again.

after a little while ghost started playing dice with a few guys off to the side of the stage. he had a handful of money too so he must have been doing good. but it wasn't like he wasn't into the show. the dice game actually became like a part of the show. he was off to the side but up to the very front. it was pretty funny.

cappa came out to the crowd when the clan did some odb tracks. he was right beside me so i got a good pic.

when everything was over, mathematics put on a beat and everyone left and deck was like, we have a curfew and i'm staying up here until they shut me off. he freestyled for a little while and just talked to the crowd that was left. the show went from about 11:30 until about 1am.

then deck hung around afterwards and took pictures with everyone and signed autographs.

here's what i can remember from the set list (not in any particular order):

bring the ruckus
    mystery of chessboxin
    cream
    tearz
    wu-tang ain't nothin to fuck wit
    protect ya neck
    liquid swords
    duel of the iron mic
    incarcerated scarfaces
    ice cream
    that's gangsta
    you can't stop me now
    run (cappadonna's)
    triumph
    reunited
    for heavens sake
    careful (click click)
    shimmy shimmy ya
    brooklyn zoo
    got your money

i know i'm missing atleast a few others.

nice review

wuswordz95

so they played u cant stop me now. ontresting and no 8d songs.

Da Locksmiff Assassin Shaolin_912's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wuswordz95 View Post
    so they played u cant stop me now. ontresting and no 8d songs.
    I seen the Wu last year on the 8D tour when they came thru St Pete. No 8D songs then either. I got tix for the 16th when they come back thru. Hopefully Meth shows up. The still high tour is over by then.
    "Rap is something you do, hip-hop is a way of life." -KRS-ONE

9th Prince was here at the Philly show, so I guess the showing Killarmy still Wu. Its funny you said Ghost was playing dice, cause dude was checking his phone in middle of verses. AND he went off to the background and started texting. LOL. Rae was the hype man here, and did Meth verses, Esco Verbal Intercouse verse. Oh and Capone was here had a mic and was doing verses with them too. And tehre was a freestyle session Deck spit for a while, Polite, 9th Prince a couple of other people that was with them. And when RZA did You Can't Stop Me Now, he was shocked the crowd was singing with him. SO I guess it was similar to the Pgh show
    "When it come to this ish here/y'all about to sit there/soon to rock thaat robe, crouched in a big chair/studded up crown with 40-below wrist wear/prove y'all clowns couldn't uf wit the flow, this here"

i was at the pittsburgh show, good review and really good time. can't remember the last time i lost it that much at a show.

i'll say one thing for wu-tang live... i'm a big wu-tang fan, same with one of my friends who joined me, so we were in heaven. laid out all of the wu hits, some solo hits, couple of them from out of nowhere.

however, i convinced a girl to come who isn't really too familiar with wu. she didn't really feel it... but i can see why.

just having all the microphones on at once, everyone trying to get in on some of the songs... it's hard to pick up the same flow you'd get at a solo show or listening to a record... lyrics are hard to pick up unless you know them, not always the same dynamic flow.

some of the openers were given more time to shine on their own and a couple actually weren't horrible, but the live show is 100% for fans.

all of that being said, rae laid out some complaints towards the end of the show about the acoustics, so that could account for it.

all in all, even with the clan showing up near midnight, i had a great time... it just taught me that a live venue with the whole group probably isn't the best place to get someone into wu-tang.

for wuswordz95 who asked about the wu-wear:

i got a rza shirt for $30 bucks... the merch stand was a mess, shit wasn't set up until pretty late and i had to get my shirt from a pile of shirts laid up on a table. i was asking for a large rza, guy was pulling out shirts that weren't even near what it was and were like, size small.

i think it was u-god who gave us all a number to text, or was it rza?, that we'd get a free ODB shirt from the stand for texting if we showed them... if you do that, just be quick because it's only for the first 40

hoodies were going for about 50, zip ups for like 60 i think.