Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wu show in Pittsburgh recap

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

yo, i love the playing dice on the side and the checking the phone between verses. lol thats Hip Hop right there

its the little things that count
    We do it for the people.

Cuttin Headz

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    yo, i love the playing dice on the side and the checking the phone between verses. lol thats Hip Hop right there

its the little things that count
    i hope youre joking...

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    i was at the pittsburgh show, good review and really good time. can't remember the last time i lost it that much at a show.

i'll say one thing for wu-tang live... i'm a big wu-tang fan, same with one of my friends who joined me, so we were in heaven. laid out all of the wu hits, some solo hits, couple of them from out of nowhere.

however, i convinced a girl to come who isn't really too familiar with wu. she didn't really feel it... but i can see why.

just having all the microphones on at once, everyone trying to get in on some of the songs... it's hard to pick up the same flow you'd get at a solo show or listening to a record... lyrics are hard to pick up unless you know them, not always the same dynamic flow.

some of the openers were given more time to shine on their own and a couple actually weren't horrible, but the live show is 100% for fans.

all of that being said, rae laid out some complaints towards the end of the show about the acoustics, so that could account for it.

all in all, even with the clan showing up near midnight, i had a great time... it just taught me that a live venue with the whole group probably isn't the best place to get someone into wu-tang.

for wuswordz95 who asked about the wu-wear:

i got a rza shirt for $30 bucks... the merch stand was a mess, shit wasn't set up until pretty late and i had to get my shirt from a pile of shirts laid up on a table. i was asking for a large rza, guy was pulling out shirts that weren't even near what it was and were like, size small.

i think it was u-god who gave us all a number to text, or was it rza?, that we'd get a free ODB shirt from the stand for texting if we showed them... if you do that, just be quick because it's only for the first 40

hoodies were going for about 50, zip ups for like 60 i think.
    What does ur rza shirt look like?