• Wack

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prodigal Sunn - Return Of The Prodigal Sunn

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default Prodigal Sunn- Return Of The Prodigal Sunn

TrackListing

1.In My Life- Feat. 12 o Clock, Chi King, And Madame Dee

This is a good track, I dont like how it comes on but its good, 12 o clock has the best verse on here. Lyrics are on point but Chi-king has the weakest verse, his delivery wasnt good enough,if you notice P. Sunn messes up his words and keep sayin the same word over and over but still a good track. 3.5/5

2. Soul Survivor

Nice Track, Nice beat Nice Hook, he harmonizes with it a little which is good. One of the few tracks by him SOLO but it's good. Spits Knowlegde on this track. 3.5/5

3. Movin' on Up- Feat. Madame Dee

Very Good track. Spits the truth about his life, he handles his business on this track. The Hook is good, This is the same lady who was on the Sunz Of man-Survivor Dayz. Nice beat. Nice delivery with his voice, he has a nice flow. Love how the song ends. "Don't Ask Why, We Get By" The flow is nice. 4/5

4. Brutality- Feat. C.C.F. Division

Nice Rza beat, P. Sunn Kills this track with No problem.the Second guy messes it up. His lyrics are wack, but he has a good delivery, but he needs work, The last guy ended it off ok, it couldve been better, but the beat blocks all this out. 4/5

5. Procrasinators Feat. Free Murder, Yung Masta, and Bond J.Wellz

Nice beat. Nice hook. Yung Masta verse was ok, weak lines like "we bustin through like jerome bettis" doesnt work. Free Murder's Verse couldve been better, The ray charles line wasnt workin at all, his verse was kinda weak but good deilverey. P. Sunn kills this track he harmoizes one line "They Cant hold me back" that shit sounds hot, He does good as usual. 3.5/5

6.The Traitor-Skit

7.Betrayal

Beat isnt really that good, He's telling a story in this one, but im just not interested, couldve been better , this is a skippable track. Hook is aiight.
    but still not that good of a song, couldve been better. 3/5

8.Campaignin'- Feat. Yung Masta

To me it sounds like a club song i dont know. Hook is cool, like how the beat stops during hook and shit. Yung Masta has a better verse on this song, nice lyrics and delivery. The song kinda has a fastpace this is a good track. 4/5

9.Manhunt- Feat. 12 o clock

Nice beat, nice bass, and nice hook. P. Sunn brings it hard on this track, u can tell by his voice. Nice line " you bout to catch a John f. Kennedy" that shit hot. 12 o clock rips it. nice line "police think the eliot ness to they get popped in they chest", he has a nice verse, he brings it hard and grimey " get a nasty ass chick like to swallow my cum". shit is grimey. nice track. 4.5/5

10. Lovely Ladies- feat. Scotty

Nice Rza beats love how the beat drops. Like how the glass breaks in the sound, shit is fire. P. Sunn has a nice flow on here, nice wordplay. nice hook too. 4.5/5

11. Godz People- feat. 60 second Assassin , A&R

Nice beat, catchy hook, bad thing is 60 sec. talks too much on this track, he spreading a message but, come on... do this on a different track, the guy that comes on after has bad delivery dont like his verse then the other guy picks it back up, drops some knowledge, P.sunn killz it he shouldve had a longer verse it wouldve been way better. 4/5

12. Puzzled

This song is cool but skippable, hook is ok.He spitz some nice lyrics on here.
    3/5

13. Reach Out- Feat. Madame Dee

He spittin some knowlege on here...reach out to the people and shit but a skippable track, hook is aiight. 3/5

14.Love is Love- Feat. Aleksei

THis beat is the type you hear when you go to a poetry club or some shit but this is a nice track.This is a sit and lay back track...when u just wanna chill. Some cafe' music. its cool though 3.5/5

15. Sunshine- Feat. Madame Dee and Scotty

Nice beat, he flows with it real good, nice hook too. Spitz some hot fire right here, Sunzini has done it again.4/5

As you see the album kinda takes a downfall after GODZ PEOPle but its still good, his lyrics are on point, but alot of guess apperances, but overall a good album.
    7.5/10
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

Default Re: Prodigal Sunn- Return Of The Prodigal Sunn

souns like hot shyt...i'll check this shit out

yea
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Wu Vatican

Ehhhh I thougt your review was pretty generous. About 5 songs I like on this album the rest are not so great to me. It's like 5/10 to me. In my Life, Brutality, Lovely Ladies, Godz People, Puzzled and Love is Love are the ones I like. Bad hooks can kill any album.

lol thnx

I thought this album was Wayy underrated. Way better than Street Education which came out the same time. Wu Fans should hear this... I didnt think there were many weak tracks. Puzzled is one of the best.

I absolutley love this CD P Sunn is great I only wish Love aint no Stranger was on there

i wish he had a longer verse on godz people

This album was slept on. There were some good songs on here such as Brutality (The Grindz Remix), Procrastinators, and Godz People. I would probably only skip a couple of songs. The beats were also on point, many good beats on this album. Worth picking up.

Superb

brutality & lovely ladies are good,the rest iz OK too,8.5/10

Veteran Member mic-cord-strangler's Avatar

at first i didnt like the album at all.. because of the production.. but it has really grown on me. very good album by p sunn, very mature and knowledgable lyrics.. true shit.. real to life shit. very dope
    1st king

Superb

itz OK nothing much wrong but itz all right peace to sunz of man

Mandatory Death

ya brutality is fucking wicked...

It's a dece album...too much filler...

this is a great album and i look forward to any mre prodigal sunn albums watch out for 2 on da road with 12 0'clock and p sunn hopefully out on feb 06

Son of the Egyptian Blood

This cd was so so, a little corny...gimme a Hell Razah solo anyday over P Sunn