Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface's "...wtf? lyric style"

"Swimsuit mammel get high flow flammable drive off in the benz boat lampable"-raekwon on 100 rounds that songs got so many ill quoatables it's gotta be one of Rae's most underrated joints.

Lightbulb

Yo some shit you just gotta rewind it and analyze it & take it all in for a minute and think and it might take you 5 listens and then it hits you & you like "oh shit that's what son said he a genius"

True

We came here for wat we are not wat we have

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
    Believe me, Ghost is not wasting his breath. It all means something.

On the real, keep listening and observe the rap arena. I will admit, hip hop is not what it was say,...8 years ago. Too many names and faces. You really have to narrow your scope and pay attention and support only a few GOOD cats to feel connected and keep them active. If you branch out too much, you will lose touch.

I recommend the Wu. As fans we must keep them front runners by buying their CDs as soon as we can. Only then can they continue to throw darts, and keep us abreast of what's happening in the industry.

ghost said himself that half his shit he just says because it sounds good, and he cant explain it.

He also barked at Big tigga saying "my shit's art nigga it has a meaning of it's own!"

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Banned

what the fuck does ghost say on windpipe - i get to the 5th bar and just say 'fuck it, wotever he sayin has to be dope'

man, cappadonna "check for a nigga in the garbage" the fuck is that shit
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

As a general response to the ghost discussion, you have to worry what's going on underneath the beautiful language - could be just finding new ways to boast about having introduced his girlfriend to Robert De Niro films (Wildflower - or have I heard the lyric wrong?). Mind you, maybe now he gifts them a volume of 'slavic poetry' instead... Imagine: 'Chicken head Ho, eating sesame snacks/ I was the first nigga that had you reading poetry by Pasternack'

Veteran Member

at least he uses real words (usually).

Veteran Member

he's like a baby learning to talk. leave him alone or he'll develop a speech impediment (oh wait...)

Veteran Member

Its slavic poetry

We don't know what ghost is talking about but we can guess, just like slavery when the slaves used to use music to communicate with each other so the whites wouldn't understand

The best thing we can do is guess, sometimes it takes years but we eventually get it

Tactical Expert DYPthaGoldynchild's Avatar

OK, let me say that MOST of Ghost's lyrics DO MAKE SENSE...Just in an abstract GFK kinda way...He may say that sometimes he doesn't even know what they mean, but that does not mean they don't have MEANING.

Sometimes when you are a writer or creator, you just go with the moment, and then realize much later what you've created.
    Everything you create does not always come from PLANNING and THINKING about every single word...Sometimes you can express yourself and your emotions by just letting it explode on paper or the recording booth or wherever.

Now, I don't mean to be disrespectful, and I got love for y'all who are trying hard to understand lyrics, but it's obvious that a lot of you are not from urban areas or familiar with urban culture...I have seen so many hilarious misinterpretations of meanings and lyrics on this thread that I don't even know where to begin.
    Basically, if you don't understand a lyric, it's probably some slang that was mished and mashed up in Ghost's mind and regurgitated on the track. It's not nonsense, it's just abstract expression.

Even a phrase as basic as "wax janitor"...I thought that was pretty straight forward..."Wax" is the track/song (slang derived from vinyl records)...He's just sayin' he's the guy who cleans up on the tracks.

If any of y'all got lyrics that you want interpreted, holla...They all pretty much make sense to me.

Whe he says, "pull out black burners like tonsils", I caught a vision in my minds eye of someone oppening their mouth to screem, like in a cartoon, when you see the tonsils in a cartoon's mouth.

Or like when he says, due rags in ower pants hangen, I saw him like a persian arab in the old arabian days, of the modern time, wearen gennee pants yellen how "we made it", like how old his shit is, and then I didnt like it anymore cause it want the same, it was some arab guy going on.

But my moint is that word dont really mean the whole shit.

And further, a lot of the time the theme is something that develops throughout wu albums.

Like on wind pipe, when he says, thats when I silped on my mask, tony with the gollie mask, whats the game been like since you revealed your face, since the face been revealed, that whole shit is meaninfull, pluss since the c.d.s arent all chronilogical, he can say since the face been revealed on supreem clientell in a reidderation to what he said later on c.d. that has the song love on it. I forget its name.
    Last edited by ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA; 04-16-2007 at 09:18 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by INSpectah~Deck View Post

"Scooby snack jurassic plastic gas booby trap" WTF
    this had my ass rollin
    "Da Mysteries of Chessboxin', first of all the word "mystery" means "unknown", you know, and the game of chess is like life, so in reality there is no mysteries to chess, it's just to those who don't understand life"- The GZA

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Anyone know what happend to that rhyme like ghostface thread??

look, u gotta understand the styles. Thats Ghost's technique, he's spittin Darts. Thats means he flips everything, like "My arm's is candycanes." That means he gotta long and sweet reach. He makes u figure it out.

Or, "Chop the O, sprinkle sum blow inside he optimo, swing the John Mackenroe." He cuts an O of coke, sprinkle sum in a blunt then swing the gun (Rachette, Tennis Racket.) DACIPHA NIGGA!