in the hood 9/10
    rules 7/10
    chrome wheels 4/10
    soul power 6/10
    pinky ring 9/10
    one of these days 5/10
    yall been warned 10/10
    babies 10/10
    radioactive 10/10(boggles my mind how so many people hate this track its the essence of the wu sound)
    back in the game 6/10
    iron flag 10/10
    dashing 6/10
    the W 9/10

lyrically its on point but a lot of the beats are corny. with a few exceptions, im not gonna listen to a dope rapper over some weak ass beats.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Iron Flag, Ya'll Been Warned and Uzi were all cool if not amazing. Can barely remember what some of the rest sound like and overall have to admit I haven't played this album in a couple of years.

A lot of tracks seemed like they should be good, but just failed to grab me or make me come back more than a few times (Ya'll Been Warned is a good example).

The W (was a bonus track on my version) is a really nice track. Possibly the one I've listened to most.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 10-29-2007 at 12:40 PM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    CHROME WHEELS-4/5 - The singing and the beat are weak
    I don't really get how you think a track where the beat and the singing are weak can still get 4/5.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

in the hood 10/10 (great start to the album, super banger of a beat and great verses esp streetlife)
    rules 8/10 (nice upbeat track, cool energy to it)
    chrome wheels 10/10 (really liked this, not your typical wu beat but pretty dope, 12 o'clock had a nice verse)
    soul power 6/10 (not awful but that outro with meth and flav chatting was a bit self indulgent)
    pinky ring 10/10 (classic shit, love the energy and flow of the track and all had good verses)
    one of these days 8/10 (pretty wak U-God verse but otherwise fresh enough)
    yall been warned 10/10 (as wu as wu gets, true master is genuinely one of the best producers of all time, RZA killed it)
    babies 10/10 (classically soulful wu sound with great social commentary and an especially poignant GZA verse)
    radioactive 9/10 (nice banger, good GZA lyrics)
    back in the game 10/10 (GZA again kills it, but Ghosts verse is crazy, probably the hardest beat Poke n Tone ever made)
    iron flag 10/10 (probably the best track on the album, energetic but soulful first half followed by a super grimy slow burning track about the dangers of the hood)
    dashing 6/10 (dull beat)
    the W 9/10 (classic wu ish)

overall a classic album, but the law of diminishing returns is definetly in effect, a couple of glaring quality control issues.

^^ Fuckin hell, I didn't know anyone liked the record that much.

Quote Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH View Post
    A good album, nothing more ... Better than the W i think.

word, alot better than The W imo.

Romanista - One Love urbanlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_INS View Post
    1.In The Hood - 5/5
    2.Rules - 4/5
    3.Chrome Wheels - 4/5
    4.Soul Power - 4/5 only song I couldn't really feel at all
    5.Uzi - 5/5
    6.One Of These Days - 4/5
    7.Ya'll Been Warned - 5/5
    8.Babies - 5/5
    9.Radioactive (Four Assassins) - 5/5
    10.Back In The Game - 4/5
    11.Iron Flag - 4.5/5
    12.Dashing (Reasons) - 4.5/5
    This is a much better ranking on the album. I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE all the hate or sleeping on this album. I honestly LOVE this album. It's got a different vibe and all the generals tear it up for real. I would NOT rate this as their worst album, depending on how 8 Diagrams does, but either way, it gets a close 3rd to me. As far as personal taste, track for track, best bang for the buck, I could boast it as #2. Most people will trip out on me saying this, but if you look at the ratio of # of tracks per album, it deserves a higher ranking - i.e.: Forever had a lot of tracks on it, but for the amount of tracks IronFlag had, it comes in as a close third. Wu tried something different with this and I think it worked out. Would I rate it better than other classics like 36 Chambers or Liquid Swords, or OB4CL (that kinda thing), no, but it definitely is getting slept on.

Anyone know what I'm tryin' to say?
    Last edited by urbanlegend; 11-02-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Respect to Quiet Storm for the signature

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

yeah, i get u completly...i actually like this album better than The W too
    bring back begongo!!

Romanista - One Love urbanlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    yeah, i get u completly...i actually like this album better than The W too
    Zeen.

Respect to Quiet Storm for the signature

Wu Gambinos Member

i cant find where to download the bonus track The W
    can someone please post a link much props

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by urbanlegend View Post

Anyone know what I'm tryin' to say?
    naw, The W shits on this album

Thumbs up

1. In da hood 8/10- good street banger
    2. Rules 9/10- love this beat, song is live, the chorus is a little "ehh"
    3. Chrome wheels 6.5/10- don't really feel this track at all, it's ok. it sounds like it was meant for killa beez "the sting"
    4. Soul power 8/10- i love this track, verses are ill, ugod shines. old skool shit
    5. Uzi 7.5/10- hype track, but overated, should not have been a single
    6. One Of These Days- 8/10-great song, great sound
    7. Ya'll been warned 7/10- i don't like meth on chorus, or track. he doesn't mesh well with everyone else's "non-commercial" sound, but rest of song
    8. Babies 9.5/10- deep tracks that i love from them, i need more like this
    9. Radioactive 8/10- tight track, they come hard. the beat is different
    10. Back in the game 8/10-i love that meth didn't try to out shine his crew, he blends perfectly, this track is nice. different sound for the wu
    11. The Iron Flag 10/10- sounds like a "forever" track. one of my favorite wu tracks. i can't get over how much i love this track.
    12. Dashing 7/10- the intro killed this song, but it sucks cause the song is cool. but the intro made it corny."dashing through the hood... come on.

TOtal Rating 8/10(i did the mathematics)- so why do people say this album is weak. the problem is people don't want artists to even slightly change. theres nothing that makes this album better or worse than their other shit. after reviewing it realized that this album is really fucking good, forever is really fucking good and 36 chambers is reall fucking good. point is that theirs tracks on iron flag that are better than tracks on the w, theres tracks on the w that are better than tracks on forever and theres tracks on forever that are better than tracks on 36. judge the music by the music, not by which album it came on. regardless this album is better than most of the shit that came out that year and every year after that.
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shystar36 View Post
    1. In da hood 8/10- good street banger
    2. Rules 9/10- love this beat, song is live, the chorus is a little "ehh"
    3. Chrome wheels 6.5/10- don't really feel this track at all, it's ok. it sounds like it was meant for killa beez "the sting"
    4. Soul power 8/10- i love this track, verses are ill, ugod shines. old skool shit
    5. Uzi 7.5/10- hype track, but overated, should not have been a single
    6. One Of These Days- 8/10-great song, great sound
    7. Ya'll been warned 7/10- i don't like meth on chorus, or track. he doesn't mesh well with everyone else's "non-commercial" sound, but rest of song
    8. Babies 9.5/10- deep tracks that i love from them, i need more like this
    9. Radioactive 8/10- tight track, they come hard. the beat is different
    10. Back in the game 8/10-i love that meth didn't try to out shine his crew, he blends perfectly, this track is nice. different sound for the wu
    11. The Iron Flag 10/10- sounds like a "forever" track. one of my favorite wu tracks. i can't get over how much i love this track.
    12. Dashing 7/10- the intro killed this song, but it sucks cause the song is cool. but the intro made it corny."dashing through the hood... come on.

TOtal Rating 8/10(i did the mathematics)- so why do people say this album is weak. the problem is people don't want artists to even slightly change. theres nothing that makes this album better or worse than their other shit. after reviewing it realized that this album is really fucking good, forever is really fucking good and 36 chambers is reall fucking good. point is that theirs tracks on iron flag that are better than tracks on the w, theres tracks on the w that are better than tracks on forever and theres tracks on forever that are better than tracks on 36. judge the music by the music, not by which album it came on. regardless this album is better than most of the shit that came out that year and every year after that.
    finally a review people really should read
    bring back begongo!!

I don't know why people hate this so much it's a pretty good album

Quote Originally Posted by triggahappy187 View Post

Iron flag/Could dey report the glock - Sick INS fuckin killed this one - 5/5
    lol, it's "GOOD THING WE BROUGHT THE GLOCK!!"