3 1.33%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - Iron Flag

IN THE HOOD-4/5 great starter
    RULES-4.5/5 - great song
    CHROME WHEELS-3.5/5 - i like this song apart from the singing
    SOUL POWER-3/5 - this song just suits u-god perfectly imo
    UZI-5/5 - classic definitely
    ONE OF THESE DAYS-2.9/5 - not quite a 3 but i dont think its that bad actually
    Y'ALL BEEN WARNED-3/5 - i like this song but ever since i heard 50 cent using this beat i find it harder to listen to..DAMN U 50 CENT!!
    BABIES-4.5/5 - nice one
    RADIOACTIVE-3/5 - its ok the beat is its down point
    BACK IN THE GAME-3/5 - its alright
    IRON FLAG-5/5 - another classic
    THE GLOCK-4/5 - nice
    DASHING-3/5 - nice song but the beat i dont really like
    THE W-4/5 - good finish to the album

Formerly Arsehole

Some really nice tracks, but some of the beats piss me off. (Dashing, Radiactive... dunno why they just annoy me. Chrome Wheels and Soul Power aswell depending on my mood)

overall, like... iunno, 5 or 6/10.

I probly reviewed this before but that was ages ago when old site was up.

Swordsman

Amazing album. My 2nd favourite group wu album. (after 36 chambers ofcourse)

The End Justifies The Means

Wu Vatican

In The Hood-5/5-Man the intro beat should have been a song! RZA is ill in the beginning. Man this beat is cool. Great beat change though. Horns man! Masta Killllla ripped this shit. Great song probably one of the best wu cuts they've released

Rules-5/5-This song is sick man. Love the scratching. Ghost referred to 9-11 which I think was fitting. Method Man killed this track. Great wordplay. After these 2 tracks, you'd think this album is going to rip The W

Chrome Wheels-2/5-This song sucks, even for a Bobby Digital song, which this sounds like.

Soul Power-5/5-This song is crrrazy catchy. Love the beat it's awesome I think. Flava Flav ehhh not feeling him here. All great verses here I love Raekwons and U-Gods especially. Dope song right here no question.

Uzi-5/5-Yeaaah another sick beat. This album's beats have a more pure, more lively sound to them. They sound new and fresh. I love the dark, gritty beats on the The W, Forever, and 36 Chambers better but these beats have a nice, new sound to them. By the way, Ghost, U-God and GZA ripped it.

One of These Day-3/5-This sounds pretty average. Beat is nothing special. Of, U-God is easily the best on this track.

Ya'll Been Warned-5/5-Dope, dope beat. Got a gritty vibe to it. Method Man flowed fucking perfect on this track. This was his track to own. RZA was nice too.

Babies-5/5-This was the lyrical prowess that wasn't displayed on the W. The W was easily the weakest lyrical album they put out. Ghostface was on some Impossible shit. Raekwon was on some Cuban Linx lyrical shit. GZA is always the best memeber to close out a track. 3 great verses. The beat is real smooth, which is good for this type of track. Chorus was kinda annoying.

Radioactive-4/5-I can see where this beat is annoying to some people, but I think it's pretty sick. I don't think the members really felt the knew how to flow over this one. GZA had a great verse but it didn't seem to fit in great with the beat. Method Man still ripped this shit though. Good song.

Back In The Game-3/5-Pretty decent song. The beat is decent, I love Deck's and GZA's verses here. A spade in the club with the heart to wear diamonds. Sick GZA line.

Iron Flag-5/5-The 1st beat is vintage beat. Fucking siiiiick. Masta Killa fucking destroyed this. I thought this song was going to be an easy classic and one of my favorite hip hop tracks, but the beat changed! It's like a whole different song after about 2 and a half minutes. Good thing we brought the glock is ok I guess, but damn it they shoulda kept the first beat and rolled with it.

Dashing-1/5-Song is whack. All to say

The W-5/5-I grew up around block parties ready to rock, behind a rope nigga with my rhymes on cock. GZA owned this track way better than anyone else. This was the track that was partly heard on The W and I thought it was the sickest beat on the album. I love this beat. Everyone ripped it but GZA was the main course.

I think if you cut this album down to 10 tracks it's near the level of say, Wu Tang Forever Disc 2 or maybe Disc 1. It's a 4.5/5 album with 10 track. It's a 4/5 album for me otherwise

nice review deadly melody!

I agree with your opinion...

peace!
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

this the second best album from the clan as far as lyrics but some of the beats are awful. i skip through half the album. but the songs that are good are REALLY good so i'd say it was worth my cash...barely.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

GENERAL WISE

Lyrics:86%
    Beats:81% (some were absolute classics <Babies, The Uzi, In The Hood, Iron Flag,yall been Warned>the rest were horrible)

Overall: 83.5% I thought That Babies, Iron Flag and The UZI were classic tracks worthy of any Wu-release but the rest weren't up to par beat-wise

8/10 good album (higher end of good album< 1.5% more would have made it 9/10 great>)

still Certified gold...it didn't flop for a older hip hop lp coming in the world of Southern Crunk music

wtf is up with having only the Uzi as a video single...
    Last edited by GENERAL WISE; 02-21-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymelody
    In The Hood-5/5-Man the intro beat should have been a song! RZA is ill in the beginning. Man this beat is cool. Great beat change though. Horns man! Masta Killllla ripped this shit. Great song probably one of the best wu cuts they've released

Rules-5/5-This song is sick man. Love the scratching. Ghost referred to 9-11 which I think was fitting. Method Man killed this track. Great wordplay. After these 2 tracks, you'd think this album is going to rip The W

Chrome Wheels-2/5-This song sucks, even for a Bobby Digital song, which this sounds like.

Soul Power-5/5-This song is crrrazy catchy. Love the beat it's awesome I think. Flava Flav ehhh not feeling him here. All great verses here I love Raekwons and U-Gods especially. Dope song right here no question.

Uzi-5/5-Yeaaah another sick beat. This album's beats have a more pure, more lively sound to them. They sound new and fresh. I love the dark, gritty beats on the The W, Forever, and 36 Chambers better but these beats have a nice, new sound to them. By the way, Ghost, U-God and GZA ripped it.

One of These Day-3/5-This sounds pretty average. Beat is nothing special. Of, U-God is easily the best on this track.

Ya'll Been Warned-5/5-Dope, dope beat. Got a gritty vibe to it. Method Man flowed fucking perfect on this track. This was his track to own. RZA was nice too.

Babies-5/5-This was the lyrical prowess that wasn't displayed on the W. The W was easily the weakest lyrical album they put out. Ghostface was on some Impossible shit. Raekwon was on some Cuban Linx lyrical shit. GZA is always the best memeber to close out a track. 3 great verses. The beat is real smooth, which is good for this type of track. Chorus was kinda annoying.

Radioactive-4/5-I can see where this beat is annoying to some people, but I think it's pretty sick. I don't think the members really felt the knew how to flow over this one. GZA had a great verse but it didn't seem to fit in great with the beat. Method Man still ripped this shit though. Good song.

Back In The Game-3/5-Pretty decent song. The beat is decent, I love Deck's and GZA's verses here. A spade in the club with the heart to wear diamonds. Sick GZA line.

Iron Flag-5/5-The 1st beat is vintage beat. Fucking siiiiick. Masta Killa fucking destroyed this. I thought this song was going to be an easy classic and one of my favorite hip hop tracks, but the beat changed! It's like a whole different song after about 2 and a half minutes. Good thing we brought the glock is ok I guess, but damn it they shoulda kept the first beat and rolled with it.

Dashing-1/5-Song is whack. All to say

The W-5/5-I grew up around block parties ready to rock, behind a rope nigga with my rhymes on cock. GZA owned this track way better than anyone else. This was the track that was partly heard on The W and I thought it was the sickest beat on the album. I love this beat. Everyone ripped it but GZA was the main course.

I think if you cut this album down to 10 tracks it's near the level of say, Wu Tang Forever Disc 2 or maybe Disc 1. It's a 4.5/5 album with 10 track. It's a 4/5 album for me otherwise
    yeah, i mostly agree with you on this one. But the main thing I gathered from your review is your unbelievable ability to sleep on Deck. It saddens me to see people do that. But I think we've been over this before, so whatever

Knowing the Ledge Claustrofobic's Avatar

Loved this in the beginning then faded away from me, gonna throw this in my stereo again soon

PRODIGAL SUN

think the album waz cool , i liked the song Yall been warned, meth waz gd onit

tacle

Good album, the W is more sick though.
    Last edited by tacle; 06-16-2006 at 12:30 PM.

8/10 album with classic songs Babies, Iron Flag, Uzi, In The Hood & Rules. Ya'll Been Warned, The W, One Of These Days, Chrome Wheels, Dashing & Back In The Game are dope tracks. I don't feel Soul Power & Radioactive...

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steels101
    It Was A Good Album Better Than The W

Rules Was An Ill Ass Track Prolly My Fav Song In The Album
    co-sign

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

This Was And Is A Favorite Lp From The Clan As A Whole N Plus This Was More Cohesive Than The W
    Here Is My Review On It

1)in The Hood-classic Openning Cut I Think Street, Masta Killa Killed It
    2)rules-another Banger To Start Album With I Think Everybody Killed It But Method Shines The Best On This
    3)chrome Wheels-i Liked Two On Da Road On This Track And Rza But This To Me Was Always The Track That Felt Outta Place
    4)soul Power-great Back In The Day Type Track Reminds Me Of Some The Old Stuff I Think The Flav Outro Is Funny As Hell
    5)another Pyn Type Of Joint With Every Member Slaying The Track Except Odb(rip)
    6)one Of These Days-another Crazy Beat That Was More Of The Older Style
    7)yall Been Warned-another Dart Throwing Type Of Track Where Niggaz Is Just Bustin'
    8)babies- A Great Lyrical Joint
    9)radioactive-been My Favorite On The Album Everybody Says This Beat Isn't All That But Mef Shined N Destroyed The Track
    10)back In The Game-this Track Was Supposed To Be The Second Single Turned Into A Video But Radio Kind Of Shitted On The Wu Cuz They Didn't Play It Like That Thou
    11)iron Flag/the Glock-these Two Tracks Seperately Are Classic N Together There Both Amazing
    12)dashing-an Ill Winter Wu Christmas Melody I Think This Beat Was Aight N Deck N Gza Killed It

Overall I'd Give It A 8/10 Some Of The Production Was Fucked And Shoulda Had Math Do Some Tracks Instead Of These Unknowns All The Lyrics Was On Point Thou Just Production Had Some Pot Holes

I enjoy listening to this album. It has a different feel like all the other albums. I put it as my least favorite of the clan albums but that does not mean I dont like it. Still got it in rotation. All clan albums are personal classics to me.