3 0.72%
  • mediocre

1 0.24%
  • wack

2 0.48%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - Forever

Classic album

one of the illest and most complete albums ever created, and with that being said it's still a goddamn double CD with close to 2 hours of Wu-Tang dopeness. i love this album so much because it documents Wu-Tang Clan at their absolute peak in the game, they still sound mad hungry like on "36 Chambers" cuz they know this was their final destination that would lead to world domination (according to RZA), but their techniques and lyrics had been sharpened during the years and the classic solo projects leading up to this.

they make it very clear from the beginning that this is an album that 100% focuses on lyrics, this is pure hip-hop right here. the beats are much more stripped down than any of RZA's previous works, hard slaps of drumkicks, hi-hats, some keys and sound effects is the formula for alot of joints here but it definitely works and becomes the perfect canvas for the 9 swordsmen to throw darts over. previous albums had a warmer feel to it, with lots of elements of soul incorporated and smooth samples but on "Forever" that is totally absent. it's more digitized, hardly any recognizable samples on the majority of the songs but it allows the listener to totally focus on the lyrics being spitten and that's the whole point.

more or less every single member of the group was at their lyrical peak on here too imo, RZA, Meth, U-God, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon and Ghostface all sound incredible. matter of fact they all sound incredible, it's just that GZA and ODB is missing from alot of tracks but where they are present they definitely make you feel that presence. there's quotables for days here, if you're into lyrical hip-hop you can't hate on this album in any fucking way. well you had to be a fool or deaf to hate on the beats even, RZA made a great job and especially with the help from 4th Disciple and True Master (who relies more on samples) the sound becomes diverse enough to allow the music to spread over two discs.

4.9/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Some random Dj played some tracks before a concert. Actually heard some one say about little ghetto boys "Hey! Dr Dre Stole this song for his album!"

Shorty gimme more a u, ill take on 4 of u, plus 44 of the 48 laws for u, classic