19 5.21%
  • average

2 0.55%
  • mediocre

0 0%
  • wack

6 1.64%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Veteran Member

Default Re: Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Strivin for perfection - Great skit
    Knuckleheadz - 5/5
    Knowledge God - 5/5 Might be my fav track on the album
    Criminology - 5/5
    Incarcerated Scarface - 5/5 Tho a year ago I woulda said 4/5
    Rainy Dayz - 5/5 Classic
    Guillotine - 5/5
    Can It all be so simple - 4/5 - A year ago I woulda said 2/5 but shit grew on me
    Ice Water - 3/5
    Glaciers Of Ice - 5/5 Might be my fav song on album as well
    Verbal Intercourse - 5/5 Best verse ive ever heard in my life courtesy of Nasty Nas Babay
    Wisdom Body - 2/5
    Spot Rusherz - 3/5
    Ice Cream - Wow I remember when I saw the video niggas went bananas - 5/5
    Wu Gambinos - Nah fuck it this is my fav song on the album - 5/5
    Heaven and hell - Wow 5/5

Overall 67 /75 This is my fav album of all time maybe
    Walk In My Shoes, Hurt Ya Feet, Then Yall Gone Know Why I Do Dirt In The Street.

"Shorty gimme more a u, ill take on 4 of u, plus 44 of the 48 laws for u"

"The Future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a
    gift thats why its called the present"

Um on 7 Mile Ridin fuckin Dirty

Cass Corridor as well punk

www.forgottenmichigan.com

this is how i would rate it

Strivin for perfection - Great skit
    Knuckleheadz - 9/10
    Knowledge God - 10/10
    Criminology - 8/10
    Incarcerated Scarface - 9/10
    Rainy Dayz - 10/10 (if i could i would give this a 50 out of 10)
    Guillotine - 7/10
    Can It all be so simple - 9/10
    Ice Water - 7/10
    Glaciers Of Ice - 10/10
    Verbal Intercourse - 10/10
    Wisdom Body - 8/10
    Spot Rusherz - 8/10 ( i dont know y ppl dont like this song?)
    Ice Cream - - 9/10
    Wu Gambinos - - 9/10 (great but not perfect)
    Heaven and hell - 10/10 (this is up there with glaciers of ice and rainy days!)

132 out of 150 = .88 = 88% ive never rated an album this high

looking at what it was rated above (67/75) i would say we are almost identical in our taste... u gave it a 89%

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

^ mathematics

Wu Vatican

Ok here's my review on THE BEST hip hop album ever constructed.

Striving For Perfection-5/5- What a great way to start an album. It's just Rae and Ghost speaking on what they wanna do when this albums done. "Im hanging this shit up if this don't work man." Well, it worked Ghostface.

Knuckleheads-5/5- I love the bassline. Rae comes with a great verse. Ghost and U-God come off with better verses though. It's just a great head nodding song.

Knowledge God-5/5- *sniff sniff* One of my favorite beats on the album. I love Rae's verses but the beat takes this with the violens and catch little piano.

Criminology-5/5- Oh my god first off the beat is crazy but Ghost and Rae came off so hard on this song. A lot of quotable in this song from both members. Beat fits perfect with their flow.

Incarcerated Scarfaces-5/5- I remember first hearing this beat and thinking it was the best I had ever heard. I don't think that anymore but this is still a classic song in its' own right. Chef'll shine like marble.

Rainy Dayz-5/5- Every once in a while you'll hear a beat and think "Wow that is production nirvana right there." This beat is like that. A flawless beat and (Blue Rasberry?) has stellar vocals. Rae and Ghost prove to me that they are some of the best lyricists around with 2 great verses.

Guillotine (Swordz)-5/5- The beat from Tical! Finally RZA quit messing with us and hit us up with this stellar beat. Rebel INS catches you right off the bat which he seems to like to do as he has done the same with several of his verses. Him and GZA start and end the song perfectly with Ghost dropping some abstract wordplay and Rae kicking his slang rap.

Can It Be All So Simple (Remix)-5/5- It's the original beat reverses, and with harder bass. Although the original may be better due to better lyrics, I still amazed at the duo of Ghost and Rae, they vibe perfect together.

Shark Biters-5/5- It's one of the best skits. Rae and Ghost talk about biters, talking about people biting their styles and Nas's shit.

Ice Water-5/5- A great sample by RZA. It's such a great beat but I love Ghost's and Cappadonnas verses. You can almost feel a change in sound after Shark Biters as there is more guest appearances from here on.

Glaciers of Ice-5/5- Another flawless beat by RZA. Best verses have to belong to Rae and Masta Killa though, with Masta coming off the best. Blue Rasberry made this song though, she should get the same amount of credit

Verbal Intercourse-5/5- One of the best sampled beats you'll ever hear. "If he....I really love him." How do you take something so profound like that and turn into one of the sickest beats made? RZA did it but even better than the beat is the 3 classic verses, right in a row, dropped by Nas, Rae, and Ghostface. This song is hip hop in its' purest form no questions asked.

Wisdom Body-4/5- A short solo Ghosface. He speech seems a little weird, as Ghost said he was probably drunk during a lot of the making of this album. I like the beat although it doesn't amount to the price that Glaciers of Ice and Verbal Intercourse was.

Spot Rusherz-4/5- The St. Ides commercial plays at the beginning while Ghost and Rae crack me up. "It's like the sun ain't even up. Well the sun will always shine though, but you know what I mean?" I like the beat alot although it is repetitive. Rae tells a nice story. All in all, it's a great track.

Ice Cream-5/5- An absolute ridiculous verse by RZA. He has said that he used an ice cream sound and sort of remixed to get this. Genius! It's a clever song, but the best verse is Ghostface with Cappadonna finishing out the song but I almost like Meth best for his chorus.

Wu-Gambinos-5/5- The Gambinos! Johnny Blaze, Tony Starks, Lex Diamonds, and Noodles and Bobby Steels one by one give out some of the best verses on the album. Another fantastic beat. There is no weak verse on here, they are all great but as for the best verse, I'm going to have to give it to Bobby Steels.

Heaven and Hell-5/5- One of my favorite beats and songs. Rae and Ghost do a little duet together, just vibing with the beat. It's just a classic song what can I say.

North Star-5/5- Another one of the best beats i've ever heard. When Rae comes and drops his verse, I seriously get goosebumps almost every time. The verse needed to be longer or have Ghost or something on it! This song should have been 8 minutes long with every member dropping a verse. Used to never listen to it because I only thought it was just Popa Wu talking.

There you guys go. It's the best ever go pick up part 2!

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

One of the greatest hiphop masterpieces of all time!!!! Other than Enter the Wutang... no album has made as big as an impact like "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..." at least in my era. From begining to end its flawless. To me its really a toss up between 36 chambers and this.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Who the fuck voted "Wack". How ignorant, lmao. Haha.

1.Striving For Perfection (Skit)
    2.Knuckleheads - 5/5
    3.Knowledge God - 5/5
    4.Criminology - 5/5
    5.Incarcerated Scarfaces - 5/5
    6.Rainy Dayz - 5/5
    7.Guillotine - 5/5
    8.Can It All Be So Simple (Remix) - 5/5
    9.Shark Niggas (Skit)
    10.Ice Water - 5/5
    11.Glaciers Of Ice - 5/5
    12.Verbal Intercourse - 5/5
    13.Wisdom Body - 5/5
    14.Spot Rushers - 5/5
    15.Ice Cream - 5/5
    16.Wu-Gambinos - 5/5
    17.Heaven & Hell - 5/5
    18.North Star (Jewels) - 5/5

Yes, every song 5/5. Classic albums. Rae and all the appearances come correct on everything verse. The production is off the charts dope!
    Last edited by Rebel_INS; 10-10-2006 at 05:39 PM.

rza was on ice cream?

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymelody
    Ok here's my review on THE BEST hip hop album ever constructed.

Striving For Perfection-5/5- What a great way to start an album. It's just Rae and Ghost speaking on what they wanna do when this albums done. "Im hanging this shit up if this don't work man." Well, it worked Ghostface.

Knuckleheads-5/5- I love the bassline. Rae comes with a great verse. Ghost and U-God come off with better verses though. It's just a great head nodding song.

Knowledge God-5/5- *sniff sniff* One of my favorite beats on the album. I love Rae's verses but the beat takes this with the violens and catch little piano.

Criminology-5/5- Oh my god first off the beat is crazy but Ghost and Rae came off so hard on this song. A lot of quotable in this song from both members. Beat fits perfect with their flow.

Incarcerated Scarfaces-5/5- I remember first hearing this beat and thinking it was the best I had ever heard. I don't think that anymore but this is still a classic song in its' own right. Chef'll shine like marble.

Rainy Dayz-5/5- Every once in a while you'll hear a beat and think "Wow that is production nirvana right there." This beat is like that. A flawless beat and (Blue Rasberry?) has stellar vocals. Rae and Ghost prove to me that they are some of the best lyricists around with 2 great verses.

Guillotine (Swordz)-5/5- The beat from Tical! Finally RZA quit messing with us and hit us up with this stellar beat. Rebel INS catches you right off the bat which he seems to like to do as he has done the same with several of his verses. Him and GZA start and end the song perfectly with Ghost dropping some abstract wordplay and Rae kicking his slang rap.

Can It Be All So Simple (Remix)-5/5- It's the original beat reverses, and with harder bass. Although the original may be better due to better lyrics, I still amazed at the duo of Ghost and Rae, they vibe perfect together.

Shark Biters-5/5- It's one of the best skits. Rae and Ghost talk about biters, talking about people biting their styles and Nas's shit.

Ice Water-5/5- A great sample by RZA. It's such a great beat but I love Ghost's and Cappadonnas verses. You can almost feel a change in sound after Shark Biters as there is more guest appearances from here on.

Glaciers of Ice-5/5- Another flawless beat by RZA. Best verses have to belong to Rae and Masta Killa though, with Masta coming off the best. Blue Rasberry made this song though, she should get the same amount of credit

Verbal Intercourse-5/5- One of the best sampled beats you'll ever hear. "If he....I really love him." How do you take something so profound like that and turn into one of the sickest beats made? RZA did it but even better than the beat is the 3 classic verses, right in a row, dropped by Nas, Rae, and Ghostface. This song is hip hop in its' purest form no questions asked.

Wisdom Body-4/5- A short solo Ghosface. He speech seems a little weird, as Ghost said he was probably drunk during a lot of the making of this album. I like the beat although it doesn't amount to the price that Glaciers of Ice and Verbal Intercourse was.

Spot Rusherz-4/5- The St. Ides commercial plays at the beginning while Ghost and Rae crack me up. "It's like the sun ain't even up. Well the sun will always shine though, but you know what I mean?" I like the beat alot although it is repetitive. Rae tells a nice story. All in all, it's a great track.

Ice Cream-5/5- An absolute ridiculous verse by RZA. He has said that he used an ice cream sound and sort of remixed to get this. Genius! It's a clever song, but the best verse is Ghostface with Cappadonna finishing out the song but I almost like Meth best for his chorus.

Wu-Gambinos-5/5- The Gambinos! Johnny Blaze, Tony Starks, Lex Diamonds, and Noodles and Bobby Steels one by one give out some of the best verses on the album. Another fantastic beat. There is no weak verse on here, they are all great but as for the best verse, I'm going to have to give it to Bobby Steels.

Heaven and Hell-5/5- One of my favorite beats and songs. Rae and Ghost do a little duet together, just vibing with the beat. It's just a classic song what can I say.

North Star-5/5- Another one of the best beats i've ever heard. When Rae comes and drops his verse, I seriously get goosebumps almost every time. The verse needed to be longer or have Ghost or something on it! This song should have been 8 minutes long with every member dropping a verse. Used to never listen to it because I only thought it was just Popa Wu talking.

There you guys go. It's the best ever go pick up part 2!
    FINALLY, a real review, and our opinions almost match Deadlymelody. I think you meant RZA dropped an insane beat, not verse. nice review

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

even after 10 years...i still get goosebumps when i listen to this album...thats a good thing...........

Yea I see a lot of people like that album very much : it contains a lot of bangaz, but tracks like rainy dayz or even incarcerated scarfaces are boring when you listen to them more than 10 times ... I prefer much more Ironman .
    F.L.I.N.T.

Wu Vatican

^
    Ok I can see your opinion in liking Ironman better but boring and Rainy Days and Incarcerated Scarfaces do not belong together.

FRESH FISH

best rap album ever

Wild like rock stars who smash guitars!
    -------
    R.I.P. J Dilla a.k.a. Jay Dee (1974 - 2006)

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.D.PT3
    purple tape = classic deffinatly in my top5 greatest albums.
    what the heck is the purple tape?

The Blueprint of what an album should be. One of the only albums, IMO, that used skits perfectly and made it fit with the album. Wu-Gambinos is the shit, I listen to that song at least once a week, lol. And also Guillotine (Swords)
    Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.-Malcolm X

Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.
    Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

www.myspace.com/mefman

www.liquidswords.tk

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

knuckleheadz - 3.5/5... can't quite get this one...
    knowledge god - 4.5/5... brilliant...
    criminology - 4/5... very hard hitting...
    incarcerated scarfaces - 4/5... track sums up the album itself...
    rainy dayz - 4/5... drags slightly, but is still awesome...
    guillotine - 4/5... deck and gza steal the show...
    can it be all so simple - 3/5... not into it...
    ice water - 4.5/5... three great verses over a great beat...
    glaciers of ice - 5/5... on of the best songs in the history of music... masta killah drops the best verse on the album... probably his best ever...
    verbal intercourse - 5/5... just awesome... nice touch putting nas in there too...
    wisdom body - 4.5/5... short and sharp... beat reminds me of fish...
    ice cream - 5/5... maybe the best crossover song the wu has done...
    wu gambinos 5/5... great beat... meth, masta killa steal this...
    heaven and hell 4/5... i like this... good way to finish the theme of the album...
    north star 4/5... great bonus track... love the barry white sample...