Thread: "No President Ever Did Shit For Me" - Nas Lost

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default "No President Ever Did Shit For Me" - Nas Lost

this is what he said on my president is black song

History, Black History
    No President Ever Did Shit For Me
    Had To Hit The Streets Try To Flip Some Keys

wow.

Abe Lincoln much?? Abolished slavery and stuff? Never heard of all that stuf Nas?

what a fucking toolkit. Seriously this guy is probably medically braindead.

Abe Lincolm fought hard right from the start of his career to protest against slavery, when nearly everyone was against him, but he still got elected president and then made the law to ban slavery.

emancipation proclimation.

fuck a nas.

FRESH FISH

probably slipped his mind, but other than abe lincoln most presidents are what they are: fucking dirty ass POWERFUL politicians with their own agenda and backdoor deals

'Section 9'

People hate on politicians TOO much. Half of y'all cats could never live with the 2 minutes of a president's agenda, even if that's breakfast or whatever. All that "they don't care about the people" shit is played out. Leaders of the state are chosen to lead the people, and when there is a head of state, good or bad, people know that someone knows what he's doing. If an average dude or a rapper gets the chance to run the state for 1 day... shit would be CHAOS.

Stop being a fool. Politicians are the right people, good or bad.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
    People hate on politicians TOO much. Half of y'all cats could never live with the 2 minutes of a president's agenda, even if that's breakfast or whatever. All that "they don't care about the people" shit is played out. Leaders of the state are chosen to lead the people, and when there is a head of state, good or bad, people know that someone knows what he's doing. If an average dude or a rapper gets the chance to run the state for 1 day... shit would be CHAOS.

Stop being a fool. Politicians are the right people, good or bad.
    yea bush bringing that war for his oil is really the right ppl eh? i aint getin into this shit cuz politics is just dam messy for the regular ppl, it's a whole different world and while we debate about them u aint never no wats really hapenin so peace. but politicians are powerful and rich as fuck, so props to em, not jus anyone can become one

edit: u no dam well that any goody goody politican who thinks about the people is not gonna survive in that world. u gotta think about urself first, and thats just facts.

and u no, ur argument that all politicians no wat he's doing for the people is wrong. if u took us history in high school, u should no that some of our presidents in the history of usa were the most useless pieces of crap ever who didnt do shit for us, but some were also one of the greatest ppl who did wonders for our country.
    Last edited by hehsy5sy5; 01-19-2009 at 10:26 PM.

I think Frederick Douglass should get as much credit as Lincoln for freeing the slaves; Douglass was in his ear and convinced him to do so

Lincoln wasnt as anti slavery as many people think.

it was been said that numerous times he said if keeping slavery would reunite the country he would have went that rout. he was about reuniting the country and well he had a choice in the path he wanted to take and he made the right choice and because of it he is the greatest president we ever had

'Section 9'

Quote Originally Posted by hehsy5sy5 View Post
    yea bush bringing that war for his oil is really the right ppl eh? i aint getin into this shit cuz politics is just dam messy for the regular ppl, it's a whole different world and while we debate about them u aint never no wats really hapenin so peace. but politicians are powerful and rich as fuck, so props to em, not jus anyone can become one

edit: u no dam well that any goody goody politican who thinks about the people is not gonna survive in that world. u gotta think about urself first, and thats just facts.

and u no, ur argument that all politicians no wat he's doing for the people is wrong. if u took us history in high school, u should no that some of our presidents in the history of usa were the most useless pieces of crap ever who didnt do shit for us, but some were also one of the greatest ppl who did wonders for our country.
    As I said, there are good and bad people. I don't want to argue, since I don't know a lot about politics. But you have to admit one thing. I don't know whether you vote, but if you see idk 60% of people voting for a guy that is elected president, you have some hope that he's going to do something right. And war on oil is war on oil because of oil I guess. If America needs oil, they need to get oil. Oil is a dirty word. Back on the point, it's always a good feeling to know there's someone experienced and qualified making the decisions with the help of his staff of experienced and qualified people, even if they do some things that are below the belt or against the standard protocol.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

I think Nas was talking about now, not back then. Well if not, what do I care, he never made good political songs or anything like that.
    bring back begongo!!

Fuck a title

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post

First person with a brain...take a history class ghostlaced, the civil war was not about slavery...it was about the south conceding and uniting with the north to make one country...emacipation proclimation was a reason to go to war with the south...he never gave blacks rights or anything and the government stopped funding programs to intergrate them in the late 1800's. Not to mention blacks were getting lynched and there was NEVER an anti-lynching bill put in place...

Im fine with people not liking Nas and being a big Nas fan I thought that verse was wack...and I would have to side with WERA in terms of lyric interpretation...if we were getting (hardcore) literal with lyrics then we better scrap 70% of all rappers lyrics
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Agreed. Ghostlaced stop making bullshit threads. Lincoln didn't even believe in racial equality. He was doing whatever it took to keep the Union from breaking up and Abolishing slavery is what happened. That was NOT his original plan.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Amen.

BTW, Hollow, check your sig ultimate reailty (Shogun Assasson)
    bring back begongo!!

Listen to some of you DUMB FUCKS.

ABE LINCOLN ABOLISHED SLAVERY: FACT

He didnt have to do that. He was a pioneer for human rights.

No matter how much you wanna dance around that point to justify youre little faggot NAS qoute, you cant.

Do you know what civil war means? It means a war within ONE country, it wasnt two countries dumbass, I know more about your own history than you do. The north had issues mainly with slavery, fact.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Amen.

BTW, Hollow, check your sig ultimate reailty (Shogun Assasson)
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Listen to some of you DUMB FUCKS.

ABE LINCOLN ABOLISHED SLAVERY: FACT

He didnt have to do that. He was a pioneer for human rights.

No matter how much you wanna dance around that point to justify youre little faggot NAS qoute, you cant.

Do you know what civil war means? It means a war within ONE country, it wasnt two countries dumbass, I know more about your own history than you do. The north had issues mainly with slavery, fact.
    LOL Just stop it. The North didn't have issues mainly with slavery dickhead. People in the North weren't even about racial equality, fuck outta here....
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

"Hi i'm hollow dartz, now 'just stop it', thanks"

You need some new words, punk.