• Mediocre

4 5.33%
  • Weak

6 8.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Rza Presents - Afro Samurai Resurrection

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I will post my review Within two weeks.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Dead Birds and Whar are tight.

The Boy Jones track is pretty disappointing...

Couple dope tracks all in all. Not as bangin as the the 1st soundtrack

Veteran Member

lol like someone else said, Young DB sounds like a reject version of Humpty Hump from Digi Under.

The track with William Burke "blood thicker than mud" is the best track outta the whole album!!
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

i dunno why but afro samurai ressurection sounds beat wise waaay sharper than digi snax and 8 diagrams. its like the drums here are much better and rawer and it sounds kinda minimalistic/ weird in a good way. i like the production on this one

Boy Jones sucks his track is terrible. That Thea song "Fight for You" also sucks. Rza spits about 4 verses on the whole album. Kill Kill Kill, Combat, Dead Birds, Bloody Samurai, and Take the Sword pt.III (if you start the track right before Burke's verse) are the standouts.

Disappointing album.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

^^^^I agree, it's disappointing, I like just 4 beats on the album, and it's RZA produced

Thea sux, RZA, her voice is just as wack as her face.

Bloody Samurai is the standout, but on a classic album like Liquid Swords, or even Digital Bullet....it would b considered a filler.... :/ damn
    bring back begongo!!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

whar has a cool beat, but the lyrics have that snooze effect
    bring back begongo!!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    ^^^^I agree, it's disappointing, I like just 4 beats on the album, and it's RZA produced

Thea sux, RZA, her voice is just as wack as her face.

Bloody Samurai is the standout, but on a classic album like Liquid Swords, or even Digital Bullet....it would b considered a filler.... :/ damn

WHOA! LOL.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMH View Post
    i dunno why but afro samurai ressurection sounds beat wise waaay sharper than digi snax and 8 diagrams. its like the drums here are much better and rawer and it sounds kinda minimalistic/ weird in a good way. i like the production on this one
    i agree. i like the beats here more. they seems more intricate and less commercial. digi snax was rza most pop-sounding album ever - and one of his worst selling. 8 diagrams was ok beatwise, but alot of shit boring joints. afro is more artistic imho.

that said, rza needs to pay meth or rae to write hooks for him. most of these are wack. half the time, the name of the song is repeated over and over again or sung (which is ok sometimes but not every fucking song pls). he needs some dope intricate rae hooks like rae gave gza on that muggs produced album.
    Last edited by DUMBO; 01-23-2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

Veteran Member

sorry to hog this thread, but damn rev. burke needs an album. he's really dope. i hope rza doesn't leave him on the shelf like he did some of the killa bees. the kid has a good flow and his rhymes are logical and clear.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

for me as a fan of the experimental rza think after 1st listening that this cd got a lot of potential...
    rza still doin his thing and distnazes his style from the masses... like he did in 93' ... he will ever be a unique person... if you like it or not... this cd is a bit more dirtier and rawer than the first part of the season... guest appearance is more from the wu... and its a good recepy.
    nice to hear prodigal sun again...

first listn 8/10 .... could be that it gets better with the time...
    cant wait to get the original... allready preordered... copy kills music... so go in stores and cop it... neither its good nor bad... support the WU... rza need your support, love and money to bring out new talents...
    would be great if rev.wil.burk comes out with a album...

PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by "...." View Post
    i agree. i like the beats here more. they seems more intricate and less commercial. digi snax was rza most pop-sounding album ever - and one of his worst selling. 8 diagrams was ok beatwise, but alot of shit boring joints. afro is more artistic imho.

that said, rza needs to pay meth or rae to write hooks for him. most of these are wack. half the time, the name of the song is repeated over and over again or sung (which is ok sometimes but not every fucking song pls). he needs some dope intricate rae hooks like rae gave gza on that muggs produced album.
    i agree with everything said here

Some interesting beats: both reverand william burks tracks are really solid. Both rah digga too IMO. Bitch gonna get ya is my fav beat on the album so far. I really like the Yellow jacket beat too. Reminds me some old bobby digi beats. Like north star 4 sho sho.

A lot of boring beats/track: don't really feeling bloody days, bloody nights with his strange drums work; fight for you just useless; Nappy afro is just horrible; the melody sample of bloody samourai is dope as fuck but come on... A 2scd loop during 3:30? No beat variations? Boring to me; Arch nemesis... typical new RZA cinematographic style. It works sometimes, here boring; but I'm really disappointed by take the sword III. The both first was classic to me. Here we got dope mcs but a wimpy beat.

After 3/4 listenings I'll put a 2.5/5.

Top 5:

1-Bitch gonna get ya
    2-Blood thicker than mud
    3-Yellow jackets
    4-Brothers keeper
    5-Girl samurai lullaby

You forgot Dead Birds and Kill Kill Kill