Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC Refuses To Air 'Gaza Relief Fund' Details/Address

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default BBC Refuses To Air 'Gaza Relief Fund' Details/Address

disgustin, big ups tony benn anyway for standing up

BBC are just Browns personal propaganda network now.

they said they wouldnt air the information to help Gazan's "in the interests of neutrality, and not taking sides"

TAKING FUCKING SIDES!!!! LOL

there are 100,000's of peoples without homes, dead children everywhere, BBC can suck a phat one

The position of the BBC on this is clear and logical in my opinion.

This character brings up points which are irrelevant to the argument.

Wobbling Totem Poles

But how is showing a commercial for Aid taking sides?

A commercial?

I was under the impression that they were talking about the BBC giving out details for the "Gaza Relief Fund" on air during news programming.

I didn't even realise there was advertising on the BBC.

No its no commercial, they were just banning any sort of details on the Gaza relief fund or any relief fund to help Gazan's.

BBC doesnt have ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    But how is showing a commercial for Aid taking sides?
    ? youre supposed to be English. Yet you just showed that you didnt know BBC doesnt show "commercials", English people dont even use the word "commercials", we say ads, or adverts.

Suspicious.

Wobbling Totem Poles

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    ? youre supposed to be English. Yet you just showed that you didnt know BBC doesnt show "commercials", English people dont even use the word "commercials", we say ads, or adverts.

Suspicious.
    Only my Senator C. Palantine account is English.

Ok,

Well in that case, i stand by my previous statement.

I don't think it is the place of a national broadcaster to become embroiled in 'advertising' for various relief funds in the first place.

In this particular case, it is more complicated, given, as she said, that the relief fund channels money to Hamas, who are essentially a terrorist organisation.

The argument could be made that the Israeli government is as culpable in terms of terrorising Palastinian people, but the BBC to my knowledge is not airing advertisement for an Israeli relief fund.

As i don't live in the UK, and i do not watch the BBC, it is harder for me to say.

And i do believe victims of conflict should recieve aid of course, however, in my opinion this is a more an issue of the specific fund.

Fuck the BBC, they gave Oliver Cromwell one of the top ten britons of all time, when he murdered thousands of irish people, left tens of thousands homeless, starving, diseased etc. Its been said that what he done is genocide, and he should be treated as a criminal, but of course the bbc have different ideas. faggots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post

I don't think it is the place of a national broadcaster to become embroiled in 'advertising' for various relief funds in the first place.

In this particular case, it is more complicated, given, as she said, that the relief fund channels money to Hamas, who are essentially a terrorist organisation.

The argument could be made that the Israeli government is as culpable in terms of terrorising Palastinian people, but the BBC to my knowledge is not airing advertisement for an Israeli relief fund.

Fuck that, youre one cold hearted s.o.b.

Hamas are the democraticaly elected government of Gaza. They were voted in, by the people, fair and square, they are not dictators.

It is suposed to be the value of western states to talk with democrocys, but they ignore that rule for Hamas. Because of course, Isreal is always right, and if Irael says Hamas are a bunch of terrorists, than thats what theyr are.

Wobbling Totem Poles

I was watching Bloody Sunday last night.

The Queen honoured the people who planned and executed the operation.

FuCk EnGlAnD!

haha

and the way the IRA were criminalised (rightly so) and blambed for most of the troubles in the north, yet the UDA and UVF werent, when they were just as bad.

Wobbling Totem Poles

If you take someone's country then their going to fight to get it back.

If the only way people can fight back is by bombing, that's what they're going to do.

It's not terrorism, it's war.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Fuck that, youre one cold hearted s.o.b.

Hamas are the democraticaly elected government of Gaza. They were voted in, by the people, fair and square, they are not dictators.

It is suposed to be the value of western states to talk with democrocys, but they ignore that rule for Hamas. Because of course, Isreal is always right, and if Irael says Hamas are a bunch of terrorists, than thats what theyr are.

Hamas are not a legitimate 'government' in the strictest sense of the word.

And they clearly have a terrorist branch. And disputing the terrorist nature of Hamas is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Launching missiles randomly into Israel from within populated areas is clearly terrorist behaviour.

Comparing them to other democratically elected governments, such as the Israeli government, is misleading.

But once again, your bringing up points which, valid or invalid, do not really relate to the subject at hand.

Much like the fellow in the video.

Unfortunately, the majority of people can't look at the situation with any clarity (this clarity, being that, both sides exhibit abhorrent and reprehensible conduct justified by ridiculous motives) because they become sucked in to an argument about which 'side' is good and which is evil.
    Last edited by rainbow; 01-27-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    If you take someone's country then their going to fight to get it back.

If the only way people can fight back is by bombing, that's what they're going to do.

It's not terrorism, it's war.
    Well... not really in the case of Israel/Palastine.

But then again, you could say that Hamas are forced to engage in terrorism as a result of their lack of military etc. etc.

It is a never ending cycle of contradiction.