Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 🍗🍔🍩 The Competitive eating contest thread

Let's get ready to rumble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What eating events have you attended Check Two?

I haven't attended the famous Wing Bowl yet, but I should, since I'm close to Philly. Though, I have witnessed many 'non sanctioned' eating events by various fat chicks at the local buffets around my way.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I haven't attended the famous Wing Bowl yet, but I should, since I'm close to Philly. Though, I have witnessed many 'non sanctioned' eating events by various fat chicks at the local buffets around my way.
    hahaha

finally

yo, me and a couple of my boys went to a burger king in alexandria, va a few years back, strictly on the strength that i herd sonya thomas was the manager there

da black widow oh yeah thats right, she is my favorite

anyways, it turns out she was burger king manager at some other burger king, so i fucked around and went to wendys

true stroy

but yeah there are some days when i swear i could fuck up 60, 70 wings, but i get about 20 deep and i start sighing and shit, fucking fullup

check 2's favorite athelete

---Japan's Kobayashi beats Chestnut in eating rematch, involving pizza:

CULVER CITY, Calif. – In a chewy chow-lenge, Takeru Kobayashi outlasted Joey Chestnut when the eating titans faced off to see who could devour the most pizzas.

Kobayashi, a six-time world hot dog eating champion from Japan, consumed 5 3/4 P'zones in a six-minute span of chaotic consumption Saturday to edge Chestnut. The 25-year-old from San Jose, Calif., wolfed down 5 1/2 P'zones on Stage 15 at Sony Studios.

"I'm a little bummed," Chestnut said. "There's nobody I like beating more than him, he pushes me harder than anybody."

The arch rivals are best known for their annual Fourth of July hot dog eating showdowns on New York's Coney Island. Chestnut has beaten his Japanese competitor the last two years, winning last year in a five-dog eat-off after they tied at 59 frankfurters in 10 minutes.

This time, they went cheek-to-jowl in a stomach-centric contest sponsored by Pizza Hut featuring the P'zone, a pizza weighing one pound with pepperoni and other ingredients sealed inside a crust. At nearly 12 inches long, it resembles a calzone.

Jaw strength and stomach capacity were sorely tested in consuming one of the most filling foods on the competitive eating circuit.

A serious-looking Chestnut prepped by opening his mouth wide and loosening his jaw. Kobayashi stretched his lean limbs and whispered with his interpreter.

Then it was time.

Chestnut took an early lead, squeezing a P'zone in his left fist while alternately slugging from a water bottle. Soon, liquid splashed all over Chestnut's white jersey and dripped from his mouth.

Kobayashi took a tidier approach.

He roared back to take the lead for good on his second P'zone, tearing off bites of the golden crust, then folding it over and sipping carefully from a series of white paper cups that he refilled with water.

"The crust was very chewy so my technique was to try to drink as much water as possible to soften up the crust in my mouth," Kobayashi said through his translator.

No dunking was allowed, and containers of marinara sauce accompanying each P'zone were tossed aside by both chowhounds.

A small crowd gathered a few feet from the elevated food fest cheered the men on, with Chestnut's highway patrolman brother yelling inches from his face to eat faster.

Chestnut couldn't keep up with his 31-year-old rival from Tokyo.

At the six-minute mark, Kobayashi raised his arms in triumph and lifted his red jersey to show off a set of washboard abs.

"It was tough. Kobayashi came to win," Chestnut said. "I was raised on pizza so it was natural for me to eat it, but I was a little slow to get going and he came out fast."

The thought of a Japanese outeating an American in a pizza contest wasn't lost on Kobayashi, who is recovering from TMJ, a painful jaw disorder.

"I love pizza," he said. "When I come to America, pizza is my happiness. I look forward to eating it."

Chestnut said he wasn't used to eating pizza that quickly.

"It's doughy," he said. "It takes a lot of chewing. He got off to a really good technique early on, his rhythm was drinking water and swallowing. I changed mine a couple times and never got in the right rhythm."

Kobayashi ended a three-event losing streak to Chestnut, a 25-year-old whose weekday job is in construction management.

"I wanted to prove that I'm champion," Kobayashi said. "A champion will stand up to any battle."

He said he would go for another Fourth of July hot dog championship and then probably retire. Chestnut will be ready and waiting on Coney Island.

"I'll see him in five weeks and I'm going to push him really hard there," he vowed.

Portions of the pizza event will air on the Spike TV "Guys' Choice" show on June 21.

-news.yahoo.com

PHILADELPHIA, Feb 5 (Reuters) – About 18,000 people turned out before dawn on Friday for the 18th Wing Bowl, an eating competition dubbed the world's biggest, and an annual celebration of Philadelphia's raucous sports-crazed culture.

Jonathan "Super Squibb" Squibb, a 24-year-old accountant from Berlin, New Jersey won the contest for the second consecutive year after eating 238 wings, just three short of the record, without vomiting.

He defeated nearly 30 other male finalists who competed in an indoor sports arena in a bid to eat the most chicken wings in two 14-minute rounds, capped by a two-minute "wing-off."

Each competitor was attended by a posse of wingettes, scantily clad young women who fetched the wings and mopped the brows of the contestants to the delight of the overwhelmingly male crowd.

Wingettes also competed with each other to attract roving jumbotron cameras by exposing various parts of their anatomy and encouraging the few female members of the audience to do the same.

"There's all sorts of wild behaviour that I can't describe because the law won't allow me to," said Angelo Cataldi, a host of WIP 610, the sports talk radio station that started the event 18 years ago as a consolation prize for fans of the Philadelphia Eagles football team when they failed to qualify for the Super Bowl.

Contestants also competed with each other for the largest bodies, the silliest aliases, and the most outlandish eating feats to qualify for the final.

Ryan Zarzycki, who is also known as The Polish Assassin, ate 12 perogies and eight inches of kielbasa sausage in three minutes, while Adam Taxin, a 205-pound (93 kilos) Philadelphian known as The Hungry, Hungry Hebrew, consumed 30 latkes in five minutes.

As the crowd roared, contestants entered the arena on homemade floats with an entourage of wingettes and people adorned in angel wings, tasseled bikinis, mardi gras masks and sequined gowns.

"This is our indoor mardi gras," said Bill "El Wingador" Simmons, a five-time winner. "It's the biggest eating event in the world."

Simmons, 48, said the overall standard of the competition has improved since his victories, with more people able to eat more wings.

"You have a better quality of eater," he said. "These young guys are putting it away."

But some could not take the frantic pace.

The Wing Bowl's best-known rule is: "You Heave, You Leave."

-news.yahoo.com

Last edited by check two; 02-07-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Congratulations to Jonathan Squibb for once again winning the prestigious Wing Bowl.

Veteran Member

Ive never done comptetive contests but I have tried those local food challenges some restaurants have. I live in San Jose and Joey Chestnut came to Pizza & Pipes just to PRACTICE (by takig on the Belly Buster challenge, the one I tried my hand at). 1 hour, no bathroom breaks, must have 2 toppings on the pizza (no basil or extra cheese count), water is allowed, they sit and watch u eat the damn thing too. It's 36 slices of pizza and Joey did his in 45 minutes (plus his picture on the wall & free pizza for a year). Also that guy from Man vs Food came to San Jose to try the 12 atomic hotwing competition in 30 minutes, no water or toilets, and actually accomplished it though he looked like a stoner with tear drops down his face afterwards lol.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post

[
    That's Mary Carey who's getting interviewed! Remember when she ran for Governor of California back in 2003?

lol

--Ex-champ crashes NYC eating contest

NEW YORK – A Japanese eating champion who sat out this year's Coney Island Fourth of July hot dog contest apparently couldn't resist the temptation to hotdog afterward — and got arrested.

Six-time champion Takeru Kobayashi was sitting in a jail cell Sunday after the annual Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest.

Earlier in the day, Joey "Jaws" Chestnut gobbled his way to a fourth consecutive championship. But he was suddenly upstaged by the surprise appearance of his biggest rival, Kobayashi, who crashed the eating platform after Chestnut's win and wrestled with police.

"Let him eat! Let him eat!" the crowd chanted as officers handcuffed the world's No. 3 professional eater, dubbed "The Tsunami."

The 32-year-old Kobayashi did not compete this year because he refused to sign a contract with Major League Eating — the fast food equivalent of the NFL. On his Japanese-language blog, he said he wanted to be free to enter contests sanctioned by other groups.

But a few days ago, he told Japan's Kyodo News: "I really want to compete in the (Coney Island) event."

Wearing a black T-shirt that said "Free Kobi," Kobayashi mingled with the crowd, standing inside a police-barricaded pen just under the stage. When the eating ended, he slipped up the stage stairs.

Then, several security officers appeared and tried to usher him off. He grabbed a metal police barricade with both hands, clutching it tightly as the officers pulled at him. Finally, they dragged him down the stairs, with Kobayashi resisting vehemently.

He was expected to spend the night in jail awaiting an appearance in Brooklyn Criminal Court on charges of resisting arrest, trespassing and obstructing governmental administration.

"There's a contract dispute, so they weren't giving him his freedom," said Kobayashi's interpreter and publicist, Maggie James.

She said he had hoped the Coney Island crowd would recognize him and he could offer them an eating demonstration "for free. But nobody knew he'd jump onstage."

Minutes earlier, Chestnut downed 54 hot dogs in 10 minutes to win the contest televised live on ESPN.

The runner-up was Tim "Eater X" Janus, with a total of 45. Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti came in third with 37 dogs.

Chestnut was disappointed with his performance, despite claiming the bejeweled, mustard-yellow belt plus a $20,000 purse. The 26-year-old from San Jose, Calif., was aiming for a record 70 dogs in 10 minutes.

"I was dehydrated going in," he told The Associated Press, explaining that he did not drink enough liquids the day before because he was striving for an emptier stomach.

After witnessing the drama involving Kobayashi, Chestnut said, "I feel bad for him."

Still, the Fourth on Coney Island paid tribute to two of America's biggest loves: hot dogs and competition.

The two pastimes merged by the Brooklyn boardwalk, with a crowd of thousands squeezed elbow-to-elbow on a sweltering afternoon. Temperatures hovered around 90 degrees.

Eight-year-old Stephen Pearce found his own way of keeping cool: with ice cubes melting atop his head. "It feels good."

He said something else was "cool" as he watched Chestnut: "I could never eat that many hot dogs! It's gross," said the boy from Chappaqua, N.Y.

Americans enjoy 150 million hot dogs each July 4 — "enough to stretch from D.C. to L.A. more than five times," said Janet "Queen of Wien" Riley, president of the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council.

Last year, Chestnut ate 68 dogs against Kobayashi's 64. That's about as many as the average American eats in a year — 60, according to the council.

Coney Island is said to be the birthplace of fast food.

The first hot dog was sold here around 1870 by German butcher Charles Feltman. His competitive, Polish-born employee, Nathan Handwerker, opened his own business in 1916 — Nathan's Famous, still the backdrop to the contest started here that year.

According to local lore, immigrants arguing about who was most patriotic settled their dispute by testing who could eat more franks. Irishman Jim Mullen won with 13.

After watching the stomach-churning feast, some of the tens of thousands of spectators could have used Pepto-Bismol — a new 2010 sponsor — before they joined the demolition-derby crowd of sticky bodies bumping their way through Surf Avenue.

And it wasn't over till the "Tsunami" hit Coney Island — just not quite the way anyone expected.

"He's fighting for his freedom — on Independence Day!" declared James, the interpreter-publicist.

As a handcuffed Kobayashi was led from Brooklyn's 60th Precinct to a waiting cruiser that took him to jail, one Coney Island resident shouted: "You've got to be kidding! They locked him up?"

Others yelled, "Free Kobi!"

___

Online:

Major League Eating: http://www.ifoce.com