Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the Bible shouldn't be trusted because of this????

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Now that's a fucking dumb statement.
    Co-Sign
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by White Owl Clan View Post
    any fucking moron who believes in any thing other than science....is a fucking moron.
    i notice a lot of people in this day and age are really insecure about their intelligence, you mention religion and the "fucking dumbass" card gets pulled out quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    The Qur'an teaches that Jesus (pbuh) was a righteous man and a prophet of the bloodline of Abraham (pbuh). He was neither God, nor a son of God.

Surah 4 Al-Nisa (The Women) "O People of The Book! (Jews and Christians) Commit no excesses in your religion. Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was no more than a Messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed upon Mary, and Spirit proceeding from Him. So believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not, "Trinity", desist. It will be better for you. For Allah is One God. Glory be to Him. Far exalted is He above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs."

It also teaches that he (pbuh) was able to speak to his people from the cradle.

Surah 19 Maryam (Mary) 29-34
    "But she (Mary) pointed to the babe. They (The Jews) said, "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?" He (Jesus) said,"I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet. ANd He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live. He hath made me kind to my mother and not overbearing and miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die and the Day that I shall be raised up to life again." Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (The People of The Book) vainly dispute."

It teaches that Jesus (pbuh) was in fact NOT killed by The Romans, but it was his betrayer, Judas, who was made to look like Jesus, who was made to suffer in Jesus' place as a punishment for his betraying Allah's Messenger.

Surah 4 Al-Nisa (The Women) 157-58 "That they (The Jews) said in boast, "We killed Christ Jesus. The son of Mary. The Messenger of Allah"-But they killed him not. Not crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no certain knowledge, but only conjecture to follow. For of a surety, they killed him not. Nay. Allah raised him up unto HImself; and Allah is Exalted in Power. Wise."

Here we see that aside from Enoch, Jesus was the only other person to be raised unto the heavens while still alive in the Earthly flesh. An unimaginable honor to be sure. Jesus will return, and slay Ad-Dajjal (The Anti-Christ) then will he pass on in the Earthly sense. As he stated, "Peace be upon me the day that I die, and the Day that I shall be raised up again." All mankind and Jinni will face Judgement, even The Prophets. No one is an exception.

Lastly, one of the main reasons Jesus is so special, is due to the fact that he was born of virgin birth.

Surah 3 (Al-Imran) 59 "The likeness of Jesus in the Sight of Allah is as the likeness of Adam, He created him from dust, then said to him, "Be!", and he was."

This was one of God's most noble, blessed and gifted prophets. In Islam, he is one of, "The Blessed 5". The 5 Prophets that Allah holds highest in rank. The other 4 being, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon them all)

Someone said earlier not to take The Bible so literally.

Touching on the subject of the thread itself, The Bible, though rewritten more times than anyone can remember, there is still mad MAD truth left in that book. Namely, The Psalms and The Book of Proverbs. Respectively. I'm still up in the air about The 5 Books of Moses (pbuh) because I haven't finished reading them yet. However, most of the meanings are to be taken as they are written. Others to be taken metaphorically or as a simile. As Hip-Hop heads, this should be as clear as daylight to you.

Those of you who give an opinion on a book that you haven't read should seriously consider the golden rule of silence because your lack of knowledge is reflected through your words.

These aren't just, "Books", these are Holy Scriptures. Those who scoff weren't meant to reap the benefits of their wisdom and will find out soon enough that they themselves are the jokes.

The wise among us will continue to study and live these lessons as they were meant to be lived.

Peace

P.S. I love how mystically, magically, no one replied to Marshall's post. Sallam akhi. Good shit.
    i appreciate yours and marshalls replies.

whats does the qu'ran say about faith?
    Christianity = White Supremacy

cant be trusted because A) its a fuckin fairy tale, B) it was translated inaccurately. its very likely that Mary wasnt a virgin, and that magdalene wasnt a prostitute. Ask King James...eloels.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    i notice a lot of people in this day and age are really insecure about their intelligence, you mention religion and the "fucking dumbass" card gets pulled out quick.
    if you're a rational and analytical person, then you're probably going to approach religion, even as an abstract concept, with skepticism...anything that has masses of people following it without question, reeks of large scale social manipulation, whether that was the original intention or just how it's being used...i mean it's much easier to get people to go off to a foreign land and die if you tell them it's God's will or some variation of it ...it's all man attempting to explain the universe and itself; i'm not saying that there's nothing to be learned from religions, like some of the moral and ethical teachings, but once you make the leap from parable and allegory to any religion being a literal model of the universe and code of behavior to follow, then I think you're making a mistake.

the bible can't be trusted because it's passed through too many hands and been translated and reformatted so many times.

Shaolin Master

vay 727 hit the nail on the head, but it applies to all religeon from christianity to Muslim, Judaism to Mormonism, scientology, satanism, it's all bullshit. Watch Bill Maher's Religulous, it's funny as fuck and really hits religeon where it hurts. We will never advance as human beings until we can let go of our religeous handcuffs. I haven't been involved in religeon for years and I can say that i wake up happy and fulfilled every day and continue to lead a moral life without religeon.

Youre not going to trust The Bible but you'll trust the Qu'aran?

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Genesis 1-26 is a fun statement for instance.
    bring back begongo!!

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

My favorite Biblical passage, Genesis 19:30-38

And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

Those were the days.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

I hoped Cilvaringz would come here and drop a jewel.
    bring back begongo!!

Eastern village

the bible in most of the world can not be trusted since the catholic church have been slaughtering it for decades now, they took away whole passages from it since they don't want people to find the truth. So yes in a sense the bible cannot be trusted. Look at kebra nagast and scriptures like that, it make sense and is correct in history too.

kebra nagast?
    bring back begongo!!

Knowledge you find inside my mind is designed to kill fear
    Did you know the bible was written in by William Shakespeare?
    It was done in the King James version in his 46th year
    The 46th psalm is coded from the top down to the rear
    Wanted his name over his work to be seen and read clear
    But at the time that was something King James wasn't tryna hear
    Study the history of King James and you'll find out he was a queer
    Might explain how Shakespeare didn't pay attention and listen clear
    Go to the 46th psalm, what I'm saying is not fake
    Start at the word God, count 46 words down - you will see shake
    Then go to the bottom, you'll see the word refuge appear
    Start right there, count 46 words up, you will see spear
    Shakespeare - no coincidence, they don't teach this in classes
    They tampered with the holy scriptures and then fed it to the masses
    - K-Rino

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    i appreciate yours and marshalls replies.

whats does the qu'ran say about faith?
    Faith is the cornerstone of Islam.

There are 5 Pillars or, building blocks of the lifestyle of Islam.

The first is the Shahada. The declaration of faith that there is no god but God Himself and that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is His servant and Messenger.

Most people even remotely familiar with Islam know this, but the subject of faith itself is much, much deeper.

Most people don't believe in things that they can't see, touch, taste or smell. However, in The Qur'an, we learn of "The self-reproaching soul". Actually, we're reminded of it, because all of us know when our soul is speaking to us, most of us just choose to ignore that, "little voice" that "something" that tells us right and wrong in a language that a bling mad can see and a deaf man can hear.

While it's true that none of us were around when the events that we read about in Holy Scriptures actually took place, as we read them, for most, there is a slight, or possibly more than slight, jarring of the soul as we read. Some verses scare us, some even make us cry because of the sheer power embedded in the words. That jarring is the recollection of the soul.

Paying attention to this jarring sensation, cultivating it and obeying it is where faith is born and starts to grow.

In Surah Al-Baqara-285 it says, "The Messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord. As do the men of faith. They all believe in Allah, His angels, His books and His messengers. "We make no distinction; the say, "between one and another of His messengers. And they say, "We hear, and we obey. Grant us your forgiveness our Lord; to You is the journeying."

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) like all others before him, completely believed in God and the message that He bestowed upon him. So it's only natural that all prophets (upon whom be peace) were solid in faith. But what about the people who didn't recieve it directly?

The great power that lies in Islam is the message of unity. That not just all of mankind, but all of God's creation makes up vast threads in the tapestry that is God's Creation. The cycle of the seasons, the transition of night and day, the planets that follow their orbits time and again, without failing or lagging, are all signs of His Power, and His Mercy. Truth be told, faith is also a matter of deep observation. Indeed, the signs are all around us, if we would bother to look once in a while.

I'm sure there are many among us who have had some strange person around them that either told them exactly what they needed to hear, even saved their lives, and they never saw that person again. Then say, "I think that was an angel." Don't think it was an angel, KNOW it was an angel. They have their jobs to do, just like we do. You don't have to see Gabriel, or Michael, peace be upon them, in their full form to know that they are out there protecting you and teaching you, but you do have to take a means of seeking them out. The Gospel tells us, "Ask and ye shall recieve."

Faith also applies to Heaven and Hell. People always get up in arms when it comes to the subject of Hellfire and being punished for doing things that you know full well are wrong, but no one ever stops to consider the rewards of Paradise for doing the right things. This is a bit closer to home because, as I've mentioned before, if we all believe, "what goes around comes around", then what else is Heaven and Hell other than what you sent out coming right back to you? Only lasting a WHOLE lot longer?

The deepest faith is the faith of the one who fights for the cause of The Creator. And no, the lunatics you see on the news blowing themselves and others to smitherines are not the ones I'm talking about. Read your books and you'll know that in all major religions, suicide is a one-way ticket to The Scorching Wind.

Anyway, when Moses (pbuh) came to Pharaoh and told him to let The Children of Israel leave with him, and after Moses (pbuh) made the magicians look like asses, they (the magicians) testified on the spot that they believed in the God of Moses and Aaron (pbut). Pharaoh, of course thinking that he was a god, didn't like this. So, he said, "I will crucify you and cut your arms and legs off on opposite sides....." The magicians said, "It matters not! For us, we will only be returning to our Lord!" Surah 7:103-126.

True enough, while the magicians had seen the power that Moses had been given, and this increased their faith, most people would still have flinched after being threatened with a slow and painful death by the supposed master of the lands. Yet, even in the face of Death, they pretty much said, "Hey, go ahead. Kill us. All you're doing is sending us home!"

There is no practice without faith. In religion, it is like anything else, only to the maximum meaning. We listen to shit music a lot lately, either because we can't help it, or some of us actually like it. Be that as it may, we hear the poor quality of it. We FEEL the poor quality of it, and through that feeling, we know that the artist has no true foundation. He or she is temporary, just as 50 years down the road, no one will be playing their music because it's weak.

Unlike music though, Islam is something different entirely. Earth is the studio and our entire lives are the album. And God is a very, very, very I-Rate critic as far as product is concerned. All through the ages, in every nation, there was a person, or a few people, who told us how to make a classic album. Even when there WERE people walking who performed miracles, there were still a great number of people, people from the very same nation, bloodline even, that said things like, "You're crazy." or, "He's just a magician."

A very eerie, yet inspiring verse for me, that is repeated many times in The Qur'an reads, "How many generations have we destroyed before these?" Also, "Travel in the land, and see what became of those who were warned, yet took no heed!"

Personally, a lot of the things that I believe, aren't accepted by what you may call, "mainstream Islam", because none of it is in Qur'an or Hadith. Still, my question to those who would dog me would be simply, "Do you have anything else?" I say this because things like, The Hollow Earth theory, or aliens, the ability to fly, etc. are all matters of how closely you read these books.

For instance, some would say that aliens don't exist. My defence would be Surah (36) Ya-Sin: 36 "Glory to Allah, who created all the sexual pairs. Of that which the earth groweth (plantlife/animals) and of themselves (mankind/jinni) and of that which they know not." People, "that which they know not." Come on, work with me.

As far as what one may call, "Off the wall", like flight, telekinesis, etc. and the other things that the globally accepted and worshipped, yet constantly proven wrong and often questioned practice of science hasn't given the green light on, again, the verses speak for themselves.

Surah 35 Al-Fatir: "Whoso desires power, shoul know that all power belongs to Allah...." All who study know that all indeed belongs to Him, and He lets us all have a share of it. Indeed, we can take the equivalent of the entire earth, and another just like it, and we will have diminished none of His Kingdom. So, what's the problem with believing that the aforementioned abilities are, "impossible", or in most cases, as most would say, "EVIL"? You've basically said that either God is a liar, or, this particular task is impossible for Him to complete. Niether of which are applicable to Him.

I hope I got my point across clearly and I didn't lose anyone along the way. If so, ask me about anything you didn't understand and I'll be more than glad to clarify.

Bottom line, a man can have everything known to man, and he can make as many prayers as he likes, give as much charity as he likes, makes as many trips to Mecca as he likes, and fast during every Ramadan that he lives to see, but, if when we says, "I believe that there is no god but God, and Muhammad (pbuh) is His Messenger", he's only saying it with his lips and not his heart, it will definitely show in his character and he'll be labeled a 'munafiq' or 'hypocrite' by true believers and by God. And the lowest, darkest, hottest, most tormenting circle of Hell is reserved for hypocrites.

Peace.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    Unlike music though, Islam is something different entirely. Earth is the studio and our entire lives are the album. And God is a very, very, very I-Rate critic as far as product is concerned. All through the ages, in every nation, there was a person, or a few people, who told us how to make a classic album. Even when there WERE people walking who performed miracles, there were still a great number of people, people from the very same nation, bloodline even, that said things like, "You're crazy." or, "He's just a magician."
    Haha, dope
    bring back begongo!!