Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam'ron. Crime Pays. Apr 2009. da Thread.

New Cam'ron Album Features No Cameos; In Stores April 21

Harlem emcee and former Dipset leader Cam'ron has confirmed that his three year sabbatical from album releases will end this Spring.

The new LP, entitled Crime Pays, was first announced for release back in November 2008.

According to a representative for Cam, no songs that have leaked in the last six months will appear on the project.

However, the spokesman clarified that "I Hate My Job," which dropped a few days ago, is actually the album's first single.

A video was released Monday (February). The clip showcases the struggle of juggling family responsibilities with the vigor of corporate America.

Today, the Harlem veteran is shooting the artwork for Crime Pays in New York City, after he quietly disappeared from public life after a drama filled 2007.

The rapper had engaged in high-profile beefs with Tru life and G Unit, along with falling out with close friends and Dipset members Jim Jones and Juelz Santana.

The rapper's woes were compounded that year after a negative backlash for an appearance on 60 Minutes, were Cam'ron explained he wouldn't alert authorities to a next door pedophile, since it would constitute "snitching."

Cam's comeback album Crime Pays will be released on April 21 via Asylum Records.

At press time, Cam'ron is expected to embark on media tour to explain his absence, future plans, the current situation with Dipset, and his past issues with Jay-Z and 50 Cent.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/new.../20833320.aspx

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bacdad View Post
    New Cam'ron Album Features No Cameos

WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacdad View Post

According to a representative for Cam, no songs that have leaked in the last six months will appear on the project.

WOW.

I at least thought Come See Killa would be on there.

He must have some serious heat charged if non of those songs make it on there.

PRODIGAL SUN

I'll check it out, I think cam is a good breather for me when I just wanna have fun and listen to fun shit.

i think i'm high

good thread...anticiapting this album...killa! harlem stand up!

Realness

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    Oh what a surprise: I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. I was never fan of Cam'ron, I never will be, I'll prolly download the album for the sake of keeping up with times and delete it after one listen, like I did with "Killa Season" and "Public Enemy".

Plus all y'all are misunderstanding him. I feel like I'm the only person who really knows what's up with that dude.

you are nothing but a whiney little bitch and it's time for you to shut the fuck up ...

why the fuck you come in this thread to whinge about how you don't like cam'ron anymore? if you don't like him stay the fuck ... but instead you come in talking about how you don't give a fuck but secretly will buy his cd anyway

whatever, album will be dope ... i look forward to EET
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

You got it all wrong, DickArm. It's not true that I don't like Cam'ron anymore. I never liked him in the first place.

And please, don't get all emotional over me using the power internet gave me, to come into other people's threads and say what I give or don't give a fuck about. Please, my own heart hurts when I see how stressed you got and everything. I don't wanna be responsible for anyone having a brain aneurysm.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Banned

yeah, you do that

if you don't like cam'ron stop being a slut coming into a cam'ron thread being a faggot homotional talking how you don't care ... good for you but no one cares if you don't care ... just be a man and ignore it
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Suga Duga

^good shyt

Reclusive Dipset Don Cam’ron, recently spoke with XXLmag.com on his highly anticipated forthcoming CD Crime Pays - the rapper’s first studio album since 2006’s Killa Season.

As to the meaning behind the album title, the Harlem MC says it describes his persona perfectly. “It’s called Crime Pays because I feel that I am the living story of crime pays,” he explained to XXL.

Hoping to play catch up with fans, Cam says the new disc will offer more
    than enough new material to make up for lost time. “I have about 40 songs,” he said of the amount of tracks he has already recorded. “I’m just trying to pick the 20, 22, 23 songs that I’m a use to put on the album.”

“The CD has 80 minutes on it so you know a lot of times people don’t really know that they put 12, 13, 14 songs and there is still 30 minutes left,” he continued. “So I’m trying to just fill it all the way up, being that I haven’t been out in so long.”

Killa plans on staying in the family this go around, as far as appearances are concerned. “You know I don’t like to do too many guest appearances, probably just anybody that’s in-house most of the time,” he revealed. “You know just people that are in house, Harlem people that are in my circle. Nothing major as far as appearances are concerned.”

Crime Pays
    is slated to hit stores in April via Asylum Records.
    As previously reported Cam is featured on the new cover of XXL magazine’s upcoming April issue, coming out on Feb. 24th. The cover story includes the rapper finally speaking on his enigmatic hiatus, Diplomats ownership, being an alleged “paper gangster” and the root of his rifts with Jim Jones and Juelz Santana, among other things. - Elan Mancini with reporting by Vanessa Satten

Suga Duga

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

To be completly off - I want a Clipse album, a Lupe album, Rae's album and that's pretty much that.
    bring back begongo!!

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

^^ Basically that, plus Eminem's joint.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

I'm still sceptic about that one.
    bring back begongo!!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I might Cop
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.