06. I Originate
    07. Markd4Death
    08. Nasty Scene
    09. Nothing More
    10. Press Rewind
    11. Rhyme Writer
    12. Too Close
    13. Understand?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

This great '95 album didn't see an official release until 2003, when it was coupled with InI's also unreleased "Center of Attention" as a double disc on BBE/Rapster. That was a really good desicision on their behalf cuz both of those albums contains nothing but supreme fucking great soulful mid-90s hip-hop produced by none other than Pete Rock.

"The Original Baby Pa" is a smooth and mellow soulful explosion with production reminiscent of "The Main Ingredient". Deda is far from the best rapper I've heard but he's better than, say Group Home and coupled with masterful production like this, it's a wrap. Rock also uses alot of cuts and scratched samples from various hip-hop joints, it's interesting to hear him scratch Nas voice after their fallout.
    Not as good as "Center of Attention" but still probably in Rock's top-5 best album of all time (production-wise).

9/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!