Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canibus, Big Pun, DMX, Mos Def, Mic Geronimo, John Forte

Default Canibus, Big Pun, DMX, Mos Def, Mic Geronimo, John Forte

I seen a part of this in someones sig so i thought i'd post the full 7 clips..

This is back from 98'..it's mad seeing how much DMX has changed in his last video in prison with his pink uniform,lmfao

Pt 1.

mos def droppin knowledge

Pt 2.

Pt 3.

You see em giving props to wu-tang & raekwon in this clip.

Pt 4.

I was fucking laughing my goggles off at canibus when at 1:04, he blurted - "raekwon said, he had a rainbow roley...wtf's is a rainbow roley???"

He is of course talking abour rae's 'older gods' verse where he says "Aiyyo rainbow Roley on the wrist, now what's this" but at least DMX pointed out it was a rolex

Pt 5.

Pt 6.

Pt 7.

I seen this a while back but it was good to watch over again..

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

im sure everyone here has already seen this like twice.... props tho

yeah i know fam..just thought i'd post ot since i was watching it again.

the LL & canibus beef was funny as fuck...yo man, can i tax yer tattoo,hahhaa

saw it but yeah thats ill

this was huge

i like the part when canibus is about to spit his last verse and Big Pun is like YEAH BRING THE BLAH BLAH, THE BLAH BLAH! I sampled that! (superlyrical)

Needs some subtitles.

lol, these guys were supposed to be the new rap royalty, and it would have been dope if they all majorly made it, something horribly went wrong with their careers later one, pun - died, bis was panned by critics and people stopped paying attnention, dmx crack, mos def is probably the mostnormal out of em all, dont hear much bout mic geronimo and john forte seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

john forte got caught walking through the airport with millions of dollars in liquid cocaine. did a bid...bush pardoned him, should be out soon

not sure about mic geronimo though

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

edit: already answered

i still love h.e.r. NAKHI the SOLORIAN's Avatar

click the sig if you vatican status

In '98 it looked like Hip-Hop had a bright future...crazy how all of them went to being on top of the rap game to never amounting to much. Pun coulda if he just could've stayed around for a lil' longer and DMX was pretty big until his crack addiction ruined his life...everyone else just straight up ruined their own career (except Mos Def)

-

I agree with what you said Rode Block except for what you said about Mos Def. Mos Def's music is wack and that's because of beats. He's a good rapper though. I've only heard his first album and i didn't like it. I like the lyrics he did over Jay-Z's The Takeover beat. LOL@him saying old white men are running this rap shit hahahahahahahahahaha. He said some true stuff on The Takeover beat. What a shame Canibus didn't blow up because his lyrics are so ill but he has himself to blame for his albums being shitty because of wack beats. It's also a shame what happened to DMX and Mic Geronimo. Mic Geronimo's first album is real good but Vendetta album sucked and i haven't heard his other albums. John Forte was recently released from prison. I've never been a fan of his. Big Pun's Yeeeah Baby album sucked because of beats. It would've been interesting to see how his albums would've sounded if he was still alive. He was a good rapper but i don't like him beating on his woman and the fact that he was much bigger than her. That's wrong.

i dont think its canibus' fault that he didnt blow up, i feel that wycleff tried to give him mainstream production on his first album and canibus didnt want to go that route, i see the production credits and i see that canibus got co production credits on most of the tracks, and i always think canibus tried to change the beats, i dig that album tho, buckhingham palace, get retarded, channel zero, second round knockout had good beats. He got some good beats later on 2000 BC was dope, rip the jakcer has great production, stoupe really hooked him up, mic club had some good beats, rip vs bis, liberal arts, allied meta forces, and curriculum 101.

-

I don't agree with you. It's his fault that his rap career is wack. He shouldn't have worked with Wyclef in the first place for beats because Wyclef isn't a underground dude. I don't even consider The Fugees rappers anyway. All of Canibus's albums suck. I only liked 2 songs on his first album which was Get Retarded and 2nd Round Knockout. Canibus has himself to blame for his albums being wack because he obviously likes getting beats from wack producers. He might as well make acapella albums from now on hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Fuck that, production on Mic Club and Rip The Jacker are fucking classic.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

-

Yeah right hahahahahahahahahahahaha.