Thread: An Interview with Joe Clark

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Default An Interview with Joe Clark

Veteran Member

The "education system" is for the purpose of TRAINING people to listen and not question teachings (sit silently in class and absorb info), to not think, to respect authorities and whatever they say. Some might call this mind control.

Crime must exist in order for the police force to exist.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

This is the first time I've ever seen the real Joe Clark. Morgan Freeman's performance just got that much better in my eyes.

Great video, I love to hear brothers speaking with some passion. There's a lot of truth scattered throughout these 9 minutes. The education system in this country is a joke, and it only gets worse the poorer the community. The way they teach isn't really meant to promote true thinking. Unless radical steps are taken to provide new alternatives, it will only continue to deteriorate. Children can only learn and excel if they're placed in an environment that cultivates success.

Joe brought up a good point about accountability. In too many schools you have hoodlums and kids who don't want to learn anything running the show. There shouldn't be any leeway for that type of behavior. If they don't want to be there send their asses packing so the other kids can learn without the bullshit.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

Veteran Member

It is for you NOT to learn; it is for you to OBEY

They will not change it

Things are going according to a plan

Learning is up to each individual, not the education shitstem

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    It is for you NOT to learn; it is for you to OBEY

They will not change it

Things are going according to a plan
    You hit the nail on the head.

Learning is up to each individual, not the education shitstem
    This is true. I've learned more on my own than I ever have from public school or college. However, a child needs tools and guidance to know how to learn. If a parent is really proactive he/she would handle this responsibility, but most are unwilling to do this. In a perfect world the school would help, but like you said, the school isn't built to teach.
    Last edited by Brick Thunderbird; 02-09-2009 at 05:38 AM.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
    You hit the nail on the head.

This is true. I've learned more on my own than I ever have from public school or college. However, a child needs tools and guidance to know how to learn. If a parent is really proactive he/she would handle this responsibility, but most are unwilling to do this. In a perfect world the school would help, but like you said, the school isn't built to teach.
    It could also be that most people are not interested in learning.

It could also be that most people are not interested in learning.
    I don't think it's a matter of not being interested in learning because there's not a person alive who wants to be an idiot. However, they might not be interested in the method by which they are being taught.

Some people are less motivated to learn on their own than others though.
    Last edited by Brick Thunderbird; 02-09-2009 at 06:21 AM.

This is true. I've learned more on my own than I ever have from public school or college.
    no doubt I've always thought this of myself too
    I honestly think I learned more my first 2 years after high school than the 13 years of schooling I went through altogether.

And it's like while I was IN school, I had to focus so much on the school work given to me that I didn't want to take the time to study anything outside of it, but once I got out I wanted to research everything.

wutang>public schooling

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

The "education system" is for the purpose of TRAINING people to listen and not question teachings (sit silently in class and absorb info), to not think, to respect authorities and whatever they say. Some might call this mind control.

Crime must exist in order for the police force to exist.
    exactly

This is the first time I've ever seen the real Joe Clark. Morgan Freeman's performance just got that much better in my eyes.

Great video, I love to hear brothers speaking with some passion. There's a lot of truth scattered throughout these 9 minutes. The education system in this country is a joke, and it only gets worse the poorer the community. The way they teach isn't really meant to promote true thinking. Unless radical steps are taken to provide new alternatives, it will only continue to deteriorate. Children can only learn and excel if they're placed in an environment that cultivates success.

Joe brought up a good point about accountability. In too many schools you have hoodlums and kids who don't want to learn anything running the show. There shouldn't be any leeway for that type of behavior. If they don't want to be there send their asses packing so the other kids can learn without the bullshit.
    exactly

do yall think the "educational system" targets black people for training on how to obey more than any other people ?

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

i have pondered this alot.

if this is so, do u think there needs to be some kind of balance (for lack of better word)? what i mean is, where do u draw the line between confomrity and trying to get an education inorder to be successful in finding good employment?

i think the answer must lie somewhere between going to school and teaching yourself things they dont teach you in shcool, while going thru the shit to get a diploma and find good employment oppurtunities.
    We do it for the people.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    do yall think the "educational system" targets black people for training on how to obey more than any other people ?

I don't know if we are targeted more, but when you take history class and all the good contributions to the world are attributed to white people, coupled with the fact that most are taught to believe in a white God, I believe this has a huge effect on people's minds.

This could lead a black person to see an association with whiteness and Godhood and God is to be feared and obeyed. Notice how some black people won't hesitate to kill another black person, but will not be as violent to oppressors who oppress us all?

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i have pondered this alot.

if this is so, do u think there needs to be some kind of balance (for lack of better word)? what i mean is, where do u draw the line between confomrity and trying to get an education inorder to be successful in finding good employment?

i think the answer must lie somewhere between going to school and teaching yourself things they dont teach you in shcool, while going thru the shit to get a diploma and find good employment oppurtunities.
    Ya, I think so too.

The way I see it, the goal of H.S. is to get really good grades and a diploma so you can go to college or university and increase your chances of getting another diploma or degree so that you can be qualified for a good paying job. But school does not teach people relevant stuff.

Like math class. I do not use algebra or any complex math in my daily life. To me that is just conditioning for us to take in info without question.

I have also learned more after H.S. just surfing the internet at college and going to the library reading books with interesting subjects.

I believe education is something one does for oneself.