Thread: Which lines in Nas - If I Ruled the World do you think are pure dumbness?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

^^ "The Set Up" or "Shootouts"? I like them songs for beats.

It Was Written ain't that much of an album anyway. And Nas wasn't ignorant on Illmatic, he proved there he's literate and smart enough to make nimble verses with lots of overt/covert references. He's stupid only when he tries to make a difference with his words.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post

It Was Written ain't that much of an album anyway. And Nas wasn't ignorant on Illmatic, he proved there he's literate and smart enough to make nimble verses with lots of overt/covert references. He's stupid only when he tries to make a difference with his words.
    shootouts

set up is my shit, i just couldn't remember names

by ignorant i didn't mean he was stupid but he didn't come of as someone that knew much outside of casual observations on illmatic and the majority of the album is about blunts guns and weed.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post

he's just dumb when he tries to express his political views through songs.