Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The universe is round

Default The universe is round

idk if this is already know shit cause i dont study the fuckary in detail, or at all but i know enough to see that it's round.

look at red shift. If we are flying away fromt he 'original source' or the spot of big bang impact, why can't we see that spot?
    in a shapeless or maybe flat universe

another thing is if the big bang is the origin of the universe and thus the single pole that we're repelling from what is stopping us from flying of at light speed, to the point that atoms will form into light and just poof.

the red shift is happening but very slowly, why?

I think it's cause the universe is a circle and this seeming 'expansion' will at one point seem to pause, then slowly things will appear to be getting closer and closer to eachother until they all collide.

this will cause another 'big bang' that will send everything flying in the opposite direction they came from, or back to the spot of the currently most recent big bang.

things that may prove this

-if the expansion of the universe gets slower as time comes

-if we find out own to curve light on a universal scale and see the spot of the 'big bang'

-if at any point in fucking gazillions of years red shift reverses

anyways i dont believe the universe is shapeless cause then we would be able to see any and everything in it standing in space, like if earth was flat there wouldn't be anything spotting you from seeing europe from the us if you stand on the right spot, and if this is the source of the big bang objects would be so condensed around it or the pattern of light and objects that were blown away from it would cause it to be enormous and always visible because it would be far be the largest thing in the sky.

A giant universal slinky.

btw

this is the second time i typed this so if you know where the first is HOLLAH.

(its the roc)

also im not an expert on this shit im just putting 2 and 2 together based on what i can see what makes sense and what i've learned.

You should read up on it more, the entire universe is constantly expanding and most astrophysicists believe all the matter in the universe will eventually burn out. Apparently this cycle happens (hypothetically of course) every 2-3 trillion years.

You can't look out and see absolutely everything just because of the time it takes light to travel but Hubble sees ALOT for what it's worth. There's billions of galaxies in the universe. If you where to zoom extremely far out enough they collectively look like the neurons and dendrytes of human brains. The shape of it is insane to think about because and end would only entail the beginning of something else but if there's something else then that too is the universe and thus still not the end. SOoooo I don't think anyone really knows.

Support the Real. Click HERE

I actually think the universe is shaped like a donut

this is already a popular thought in physics.

living things can take many forms

flat and round is popular

spherical / oval is popular

the head / tail pattern is popular

i can tell you with 95% certainty that the universe is not rectangular
    all the points have been made

I was looking it up last night and yeah some ppl believe this,

that's what gza was talking about when he said
    "from dark matter to the big cruch"

that second big bang that will implode the universe is the big crunch and they've draw the universe and it turns out its football shaped but all there rationing was the same as mine, i'll find the pic
    and articles later

and its like a balloon where existance is the skin of the balloon (so they say) so there's no such a thing as beyond it...but its still like a balloon. confusing.
    Last edited by TSA; 02-11-2009 at 10:59 AM.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    You should read up on it more, the entire universe is constantly expanding and most astrophysicists believe all the matter in the universe will eventually burn out. Apparently this cycle happens (hypothetically of course) every 2-3 trillion years.

You can't look out and see absolutely everything just because of the time it takes light to travel but Hubble sees ALOT for what it's worth. There's billions of galaxies in the universe. If you where to zoom extremely far out enough they collectively look like the neurons and dendrytes of human brains. The shape of it is insane to think about because and end would only entail the beginning of something else but if there's something else then that too is the universe and thus still not the end. SOoooo I don't think anyone really knows.

Not to sound douchy or anything but you sound a bit behind the times.

This type of research is always comign up with new shit that disproves the old shit on a weekly new scientist basis. Your about 5 old shits bhind. I cant even read your 2nd paragraph. But the whole post is generally full of wrong.

I will only dispense knowledge if you lot show yourselfs able to comprehend, otherwise im not bothering. My physics knowledge has too often gone wasted on you kooks.

awesome post man.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Not to sound douchy or anything but you sound a bit behind the times.

This type of research is always comign up with new shit that disproves the old shit on a weekly new scientist basis. Your about 5 old shits bhind. I cant even read your 2nd paragraph. But the whole post is generally full of wrong.

I will only dispense knowledge if you lot show yourselfs able to comprehend, otherwise im not bothering. My physics knowledge has too often gone wasted on you kooks.

Well, if u know something he does not, you should say it, otherwise you just come off as an arrogant prick.

or an online persona.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

It was a bit arrogant sounding, but I feel thats the road im taking in KTL from now on.

I really do feel you all are beneath me.

I cant be seen to be taking you guys seriously anymore, its effecting my e-intelligence.

Veteran Member

I was right.

the universe is most def. round.