0 0%
  • poor

1 0.64%
  • wack

2 1.28%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RZA As Bobby Digital In Stereo

Default RZA as Bobby Digital in Stereo

This is a sadly a very.. VERY underated album, by the public in general and by the average wu-fan. Its a well toghether piece of art that never got its due because we were all waiting for that "cure" that we may never get. It goes to show you how close minded hiphop really is (you fucks) Cause if you sit down and really listen to this album, well darn... one of the last great solo joints from the generals

..In Stereo is to me a personal classic. A unique body, kinda bizarre in a very good way. Its didn't sound like anything that outthere, not even now. My favorite tracks are Mantis, NYC Everything (Meth ripped it to pieces), Kiss of The Black Widow. (that portishead sample... genuis!) The abundance of guest appereances kinda left you gasping for more RZA, but when the man delivers.. oh boy. My favorite RZA verse(s) on there is/are from Love Jones. And who can forget Domestic Violence? Just to show you that brilliance isn't that far away from the corner.

Sadly, the second Bobby Digital album wasn't at good at this one. Not even Birth of The Prince. I just wished more people would apreciate this album instead of bitching about the fact that it didn't follow suit to an usual wu sound or that it wasn't a "real" RZA solo joint.

VDB: The Wu-Tang Mountain
    a/k/a the wolves who made a widow out of grandpa

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

Default Re: RZA as Bobby Digital in Stereo

yo i totally agree

that album was totally experimental, and every experiment fuckin werked. that album is so radically different than anything and its so unqiuely good. 2nd digi album dont match uo, i agree.

BOODOODOODOOBOODOODOODOOBOODOODOODOOBOODOOBOODOO

i like digi in stereo better than supreme clientele

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Digi in stereo was so lyrical. " switch blades grenade rhyme flows buck niggas like wild rkinos." I love this album and think it is his best!

Great album. NYC Everything, Mantis, Bobby Did It & Kiss Of A Black Widow are banging.

All you analog niggas: prepare to be digitized!

this LP is a d0pe one indeed

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by Sherz

This is a sadly a very.. VERY underated album, by the public in general and by the average wu-fan. Its a well toghether piece of art that never got its due because we were all waiting for that "cure" that we may never get. It goes to show you how close minded hiphop really is (you fucks) Cause if you sit down and really listen to this album, well darn... one of the last great solo joints from the generals

..In Stereo is to me a personal classic. A unique body, kinda bizarre in a very good way. Its didn't sound like anything that outthere, not even now. My favorite tracks are Mantis, NYC Everything (Meth ripped it to pieces), Kiss of The Black Widow. (that portishead sample... genuis!) The abundance of guest appereances kinda left you gasping for more RZA, but when the man delivers.. oh boy. My favorite RZA verse(s) on there is/are from Love Jones. And who can forget Domestic Violence? Just to show you that brilliance isn't that far away from the corner.

Sadly, the second Bobby Digital album wasn't at good at this one. Not even Birth of The Prince. I just wished more people would apreciate this album instead of bitching about the fact that it didn't follow suit to an usual wu sound or that it wasn't a "real" RZA solo joint.

it is exactly what I feel !
    F.L.I.N.T.

kamouflage

classic material
    Boom Bap Mafiozos " C.R.A.C.K."

http://www.myspace.com/boombapmafiozos

Quote Originally Posted by Konii blaze
    classic material
    agree

Good album

Veteran Member

I like the intro
    Bobby - 3/5
    Unspoken Word - 4/5 love the beat
    Airwaves - 5/5 Rza shoulda made it longer by addin more to his verse from the Wake up show
    Love Jones - 4/5 Good love song!
    NYC Everything - 5/5 Fuckin love this joint
    Mantis - 4/5 Nice joint
    Holocaust - 2/5 wasn really feelin this 1
    Terrorist - 3/5 it was coo
    Bobby did it - 3/5 it was ok
    Kiss of the black widow - 5/5 Ahahahah dirty kills me "YOU THINK WE DONE LOVE U MA FUCKAS"
    My lovin is digi - 4/5 nice soulful shit
    Domestic violence - 5/5 Ahahahah sick joint bobby tells it how it is, I like pt 2 better tho
    Project talk - 2/5 wasn feelin it
    Lab Drunk - 2/5 again wasn feelin it
    Fuck what u think - 3/5 - average
    Daily Routine - 4/5 - Love the chillin shit

Overall 58/80 Good album not a classic tho
    Walk In My Shoes, Hurt Ya Feet, Then Yall Gone Know Why I Do Dirt In The Street.

"Shorty gimme more a u, ill take on 4 of u, plus 44 of the 48 laws for u"

"The Future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a
    gift thats why its called the present"

Um on 7 Mile Ridin fuckin Dirty

Cass Corridor as well punk

www.forgottenmichigan.com

The Intro -- 4/5
    Bobby - 5/5 !!! this joint is sick !!
    Unspoken Word - 3/5
    Airwaves - 4/5
    Love Jones - 4/5 Good love song!
    NYC Everything - 5/5
    Mantis - 4/5
    Holocaust - 5/5 Almost my favorite on the cd
    Terrorist - 4/5
    Bobby did it - 3/5 it was ok
    Kiss of the black widow - 5/5 almost my favorite on the album
    My lovin is digi - 5/5 MY FAVORITE TRACK ON THE ALBUM !!!
    Domestic violence - 5/5
    Project talk - 3/5
    Lab Drunk - 3/5
    Fuck what u think - 4/5 -
    Daily Routine - 5/5 - best wu chorus in a long time ...!!

71/ 85 = 84%

damn this rating is up there with my rating of ob4cl

The cover of the CD fits perfectly to the album ... one of the best cover I've ever seen.

The Intro -- Introduce you very well to the spirit of this (dark and crazy) album

Bobby - 5/5 Pure digital sound !!!!
    Unspoken Word - 3,9/5 Very good track but the beat can be anoying with time
    Airwaves - 3/5 The "worst" track in the album IMO (it still deserve a 3/5 !!!!!!!!) I like very much the intro where he's trying to find the digi radio station
    Love Jones - 5/5 I hate rap love song ... but this one ... damn !!!!
    NYC Everything - 4/5 Digi beat with two ill verses
    Mantis - 4,5/5 I don't know why I give it "only" 4,5 ... maybe because there are too much 5/5 ??? (Masta Killa's verse is fuckin ill)
    Holocaust - 4/5 Im starting to like this one less with time
    Terrorist - 3,8/5 Very good but RZA ain't on it plus the last verse is only on the japanese version of the CD, I don't know why
    Bobby did it - 4,5/5 I love this one (especially RZA's verse, Jamie's crazy on it !!!)
    Kiss of the black widow - 4,2/5 Sounds strange and crazy ... like the whole album actually
    My lovin is digi - 5/5 That shit is CLASSIC : you'll never hear a track like that somewhere else !!!!!!!
    Domestic violence - 4/5 Nice beat and RZA at his best as an MC
    Project talk - 3/5 This one is ok
    Lab Drunk - 3,5/5 Again this one is completly in the bobby digital spirit
    Fuck what u think - 5/5 - Classic material : the first verse by RZA is ill
    Daily Routine - 4,5/5 Let this track grow on you and you'll apreciate it how it deserves to be.

So to conclude it's not hard to understand I consider this album as a classic ... it's like a UFO in the hip hop world ! You can't compare it to anything else !
    F.L.I.N.T.

My lovin is digi - 5/5 That shit is CLASSIC : you'll never hear a track like that somewhere else !!!!!!!
    exactly

Wu Vatican

When RZA released Bobby Digital, it was something not really heard in any form of hip hop. It wasn't Liquid Swords, it was 36 Chambers. It's a unique sound. Here's my review

B.O.B.B.Y.-3/5-I don't enjoy this track very much. Beat is sorta boring. Bobby has good verses though but all in all this is a pretty average track to me.

Unspoken Word-5/5-A much better beat with Bobby's signature "bodododod." I like the chous on this song it's real catchy. Bobby has real nice verses on here. This is a banger no doubt. It's a repetitive beat but a lot of wu bangers have repetitive beats.

Airwaves-5/5-It's perfect for how short it is. This this is is a a wu wu tang tang killa killa bee bee blast blast blast blast. I love that shit. An incredible beat with the
    wu tang wu tang" chants. Bobby has a good verse. This song needed to have like 2 or 3 more verses.

Love Jones-5/5-A great love song. A great beat that makes me nod your head. Bobby has great verses on this song. Good song to listen to in the rain or especially when doing it.

N.Y.C. Everything-5/5-Another banger which means 4 in a row. I love the bells in the beat and the "hey hey!" Bobby has great verses but you have to love Method Man's verse on the end. Method still has some of the best charisma and flow on the mic i've ever heard.

Mantis-5/5-A great track. This song sounds more on the Liquid Swords side, not like the Bobby Digital side. This sounds more like RZA than Bobby Digital to me which is a great thing. He drops a great verse but I think Masta Killa comes off the best on this song. Tekitha sounds like a bad ass.

Holocaust-5/5-The last about 6 tracks make this album sound like a sure classic. Warcloud drops most likely the best verse on the album. The great voice, flow, and incredible wordplay he sounds like fucking GZA on this song. I think the beat is pretty good but not as good as the previous 3 tracks. Ghostface drops some Supreme Clientele shit with his verse. What's he talking about?

Terrorist-5/5-Another banger makes 7 great tracks in a row. This is one of my favorite RZA beats. I dont know, I guess the drums are addictive to me. The Black Knights are rugged on the mic! They got flow on this song. I guess Bobby Digital figured he didn't need to drop a verse on this song.

Bobby Did It-3/5-An ok beat but nothing great. A lot of people hate Islord, but I like him and he does well on this song. I like Bobby drops a dope verse on here but once again this Warcloud fella is just ridiculous on this album. RZA should have done beats for this guy.

Handwriting on the Wall-3/5-Ras Kass has a cool verse but I love Bobby's freestyle it's pretty dope. Short song though.

Kiss of a Black Widow-5/5-Ol Dirty IS this song. Man that crazy motherfucker is the craziest guy to ever grab the mic. Digital has a freestyle, it's alright he flows good with it. Dirty has a hilarious verse. Great beat, great sample.

My Lovin' is Digi-5/5-It took me about 20 listens to like this track but I love it now. I love the beat and this one of Digital's best appearances rapping. It's a pretty addictive track.

Domestic Violence-4/5-I like the beat. It's a real creative track with the "You kicks aint shit, your whips ain't shit" going on for like a minute. Bobby has hilarious verses on this song. It's a good song but not the best on the album, which a lot of people seem to think it is.

Project Talk-2/5- Sounds like "The Projects" remixed. Not a real good song but it's only 90 seconds long so it's not anything to get scared about. Just skip it.

Lab Drunk-5/5-A great beat. Man RZA brought the heat on this one. One of my favorite tracks on the album. This album always gets forgotten about, it's a classic wu banger.

Fuck What You Think-3/5-Great beat but one of the only times i'll say I don't like Digital on this track. Don't really like the chorus either. It's a decent song though.

Daily Routine-4/5- A decent song again. The beat is ok but the only reason I listen to it is because I like the chorus. Well now that i'm listening to the song I really feel Bobby Digital on this track, he's spitting knowledge. He sounds like RZA on this song. So I switch it to 4/5.

72/85

A near classic to me. A banging album but I almost love Digital Bullet even more. What can I say, i'm a Digi fan.