Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RZA - do you hear the bells {9 min freestyle}

the first Bobby Digital album from this era is such a fucking great LP, it was banging even though it had such a fucking experiminetal production style with all the digital sounds, synthezisers and bleepings, etc. that was a true digital style.

that was one of the things that threw me off with "Digi Snacks" because it strayed away too much from the formula, the music on there wasn't digitized like that. it was full of warm music with lots of live instruments, etc. not saying that's neccesarily a bad thing but it doesn't fit the vibe of a Bobby Digital album.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    the first Bobby Digital album from this era is such a fucking great LP, it was banging even though it had such a fucking experiminetal production style with all the digital sounds, synthezisers and bleepings, etc. that was a true digital style.

that was one of the things that threw me off with "Digi Snacks" because it strayed away too much from the formula, the music on there wasn't digitized like that. it was full of warm music with lots of live instruments, etc. not saying that's neccesarily a bad thing but it doesn't fit the vibe of a Bobby Digital album.

Word thats the truth. Digi snax was banging but not a digital album.
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

this was a freestyle that may have very well been a real freestyle as lyrically it wasnt very good at all and it sounded like he was really improvising which for a real freestyle is forgivable.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

PRODIGAL SUN

it is a freestyle... sounds like me and my boys when we free

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

haha I remember just fucked up as all hell, lil bit acid, lil bit x, and this song came on random on my ipod, and it kinda put me inna trance...pretty crazy

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by SecretRival View Post

On to the song though, I've never cared for it; RZA is all over the place, sounds like he recorded the shit after getting dusted.
    it's true to the spirit of the first Bobby Digital album though as it's a freestyle album...this is pretty much what RZA did on the non-concept tracks minus the edits to put together a cohesive verse

personally, I like written RZA better, which is why Digi Bullet is my fav RZA release

also when he decided to return to Bobby Digital for Digi Snacks, that's why he did all the wacky shit to his voice and flow to reaffirm the character's uniqueness from RZA...didn't work well IMO and made some really nice lyrics hard to listen to on some tracks

i'll mp3 this soooon
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    this was a freestyle that may have very well been a real freestyle as lyrically it wasnt very good at all and it sounded like he was really improvising which for a real freestyle is forgivable.

yeah...

i remember when i first heard this... i smoked a lot to this joint, just listening to this... ahaha that was crazy

now i think it's average though, but still nice!
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

can we get a mp3 or something, Ill blast this shit
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

Quote Originally Posted by SecretRival View Post
    Here's the Stress Magazine Promo, which includes the full version.

On to the song though, I've never cared for it; RZA is all over the place, sounds like he recorded the shit after getting dusted.
    BECAUSE its a freestyle.... THAT is what actually increases its greatness. for coming straight off the dome, THIS is fuckin' D-O-P-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and sorry my dudes, only version i got in MP3 is 8.5 min long... so i'm upping that one for those who'd like it anyway.
    and i bought the "formula for the CURE" cd from "think diff." and i believe the actual length of this track is like 10:45 (or something close to that).

peace.

for those who'll accept the "shorter" version:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/56124868cb5b0a4d/

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

hilarious!!!!!
    Common~Talib Kweli~Nas~Az~Bun B~Eightball&MJG~Goodie mob~Fiend~WuTang~Lupe~BoneThugs~SunzofMan~JayZ~Bea ns~Jeezy~The Roots

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart

kinda boring