Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleveland Is Interested In Amare Stoudemire

In 1994 the Rockets finished 58-24, 6th in the West, Olajuwon was the only All-Star they had. I looked at it. This may be the ONLY team to win the NBA championship with one All-Star in the shot clock era...you may be ok though, because didn't Mo Williams make it at the last second as a replacement? so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    If he comes here, he will be a 3rd option behind the King and Mo, and will be sharing low post touches with Big Z.

This is absolutely wrong and you know it, Amare would never be the third option. And big Z is a garbage man, most of his post touches are dumped back out to James anyway.

Hey and if you wanna talk about guys that suck on defense...Wally Szerbiak? Guy gets beat like a rented mule on a daily basis, and he's the reason why Mo Williams playing time is down, because his D is even worse.
    Last edited by brock; 02-15-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Banned

Wally isnt a started tho, and he's not defending down low, and wont be on Garnett or Turk etc.

Z is not a garbage player. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about right now. He is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league, can play with his back to the basic and can his the face up jumper.

Amare would be option 3.....Cuz LeBron is option 1, and Mo Williams is option 2.

Like i said, you really have no clue about the Cavs, and I'm not against getting AMare, but Im not giving up 3 guys and a 1st round pick for him.

I dont even think Phoenix would make this trade. Andy and Wally are Free agents, our 1st rounder is going to be in the late 20's. The only promising thing they'd get out of it is Hickson, who has all the tools of Amare he's just young and raw at 19. But he has definitely showed flashes.

So tell me...what shoudl the Cavs do this and pay Amare all that money when they have a younger guy and cap space coming up??

It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Z is not a garbage player. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about right now. He is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league, can play with his back to the basic and can his the face up jumper.

Amare would be option 3.....Cuz LeBron is option 1, and Mo Williams is option 2.
    Do you know what a 'garbage" player is, because you just described one to a "T". I guess you aren't familiar with the terminology. i'm not saying he's garbage, like he sucks, I'm saying he cleans up the garbage, via loose rebound, steal etc., and this is his first and best option to score. Overall i would say Z gets more offensive putbacks than any other big man in the league, and this makes him a "garbage man". I never said he didn't have a baby hook or a turn around jumper, i know he does, but if Amare came in, i think he would have no trouble adjusting at all, he would just clean up Amare's misses.

For your second point about options, when a team sets up their options, they usually go guard-post-guard or post-guard-post, depending on where their strengths lay. If Z wasn't a garbage player like you said, he would be the second option wouldn't he? But you said Williams is the second option. Now surely that would change if a guy like Amare rolled into town, you can't see that?

Banned

Z has been injured for a while and just came back so Mo became the second option.

Amare would fit in, and I'd love to have him. But instead of trading everyone for him this year, and trading Hickson, I'd reather wait and sign him for free.

I like the team this year, and they were thinking of getting Joe Smith back for the stretch run for nothing., I think thats a better option right now.

-

I agree with both of ya'll but i definitely agree with Beautifulrock about Cleveland won't beat Boston or the Lakers in a playoff series. I just don't have any faith in Lebron's teammates and i've been disappointed way too many times by the Cavs in the playoffs in the past so i'm not getting excited about them like the Cavs fans. If they do make it to the finals this year, i will be surprised. Cleveland is dangerous at home so it would be interesting to see what they would do if they played the Lakers or the Spurs in the finals. But ya'll saw how the Spurs swept them in the finals LOL. I think Lebron is gonna go to several finals but it's not gonna mean anything if he doesn't get a championship. I agree with Nicky that it would be better for the Cavs to get Joe Smith back and i also agree with Nicky that the Cavs have good role players to help Lebron. Amare probably would be bitching if he came to Cleveland talking about he doesn't like being the 2nd or 3rd star on the team. Star players i notice tend to complain too much about they wanna be the man, they want all the money and they don't want their teammates to share the spotlight. What ever happened to wanting to win a championship? Star athletes say they wanna win a championship but the way they behave and talk doesn't show me that they wanna win. Like Nicky said, Amare is already bitching about he doesn't like being the 2nd option on the Suns. He's the star on the team LOL. What is he bitching about? Shaq definitely isn't the star and neither is Steve Nash and Jason Richardson. Shaq being a star is long gone when he left the Lakers LOL.

Stephon Marbury is a perfect example of a prima donna who used to be a star. Instead of his bitch ass complaining about he doesn't get along with Mike D'Antoni, just shut the fuck up and play with the Knicks. He has one of the best jobs in the world getting paid millions and his bitch ass is complaining about playing time and i don't believe a word he said about it's Mike D'Antoni's fault that he's not playing. Does Stephon know how many poor black men that love basketball would like to be in his shoes and get paid millions to play a sport they love? Stephon will be lucky if another NBA team signs him. Kevin Garnett and Dwayne Wade talking about they would love to have him on their team and i think they need to reconsider that decision because if he came to either one of their teams, he'd be a problem. Stephon is the reason why him and Kevin didn't get along when they were in Minnesota. They seemed like they had good chemistry on the court but off the court it was a different story from what i've heard. Latrell Sprewell is another perfect example of a ignorant ass prima donna who could've continued his NBA career but instead he chose to bitch about Minnesota wasn't paying him enough money to feed his family hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's the most ignorant dumb ass comment i've heard from a athlete. What else does Latrell think he can do for a job career that's gonna pay him millions? I wonder where he's working now LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Everybody you named was a "role player", and i mentioned the fact that the Rockets reloaded the next year. I know you know i didn't mean he won it by himself, obviously. I'm just saying that none of the guys you mentioned were stars. Stoudamire has been an All-Star multiple times. Just because you don't like him, doesn't change that fact, and he's still young.
    drexler was not a role player.

i actually liked lattrell and if he didnt complain wut would have happened, if the wolves still kept him and cassell around with garnett, would garnett still be their? That was one of the years the wolves actually made a legit run, and after not resigning him and i forgot wut happened with cassell it all spiraled down ward.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    In 1994 the Rockets finished 58-24, 6th in the West, Olajuwon was the only All-Star they had. I looked at it. This may be the ONLY team to win the NBA championship with one All-Star in the shot clock era...you may be ok though, because didn't Mo Williams make it at the last second as a replacement? so there you go.
    when the pistons won it, big ben was the only allstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
    drexler was not a role player.

Once again, he came the year after the year I was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
    when the pistons won it, big ben was the only allstar.
    true dat, i forgot about that year

Banned

just cuz a guy doesnt make the all star team doesnt mean he isn't playing all star caliber basketball either.
    It really doesnt matter at all. Those are all meaningless achievements and players are voted in by fans and peers so its not like its a precise system anyway.