Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chauncey Billups is Overrated

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Whenever someone loses a philosophical argument and they know it, they try to make a list of things the other person forgot to say, and almost always that list includes things that mean nothing at all, like for instance intangibles. Intangibles is just a fancy word that dumb people use because it doesn't mean anything at all, but sounds like it does. Now don't be an angry little boy and start name calling, but the other things you pointed out, are all qualities of Chauncey Billups. So in essence, you proved your own original theory wrong, didn't you?
    Do you see the irony and contradictions of your above post?

Chauncey billups is not one of the best 12 players in the west.

However, if we are specifically talking about assist to turnover ratio, look at the top 10 players in assist to turnover ratio:

1 Jose Calderon, TOR
    2 Jason Kidd, DAL
    3 Chris Paul, NOR
    4 Derek Fisher, LAL
    5 Baron Davis, LAC
    6 Rajon Rondo, BOS
    7 Brevin Knight, UTH
    8 Delonte West, CLE
    9 Mike Bibby, ATL 51
    Steve Blake, POR

They are not, in that order, the best 10 point guards in the league. SO you are telling me you would rather have Jason Kidd run your team then Chris Paul?

Are you telling me you want Baron Davis from this year running your team?

You know little about basketball. You lose.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Banned

BIllups is a top ten PG and has been for the past 5-7 years. SOme of those years he has been top 5.

he's solid. I think cuz he won a ring he gets alot more praise.

I am talking about this year.

THIS YEAR, chauncey billups is overrated.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesLoveCoolDan View Post
    Do you see the irony and contradictions of your above post?

Chauncey billups is not one of the best 12 players in the west.

However, if we are specifically talking about assist to turnover ratio, look at the top 10 players in assist to turnover ratio:

1 Jose Calderon, TOR
    2 Jason Kidd, DAL
    3 Chris Paul, NOR
    4 &nbsperek Fisher, LAL
    5 Baron Davis, LAC
    6 Rajon Rondo, BOS
    7 Brevin Knight, UTH
    8 &nbspelonte West, CLE
    9 Mike Bibby, ATL 51
    Steve Blake, POR

They are not, in that order, the best 10 point guards in the league. SO you are telling me you would rather have Jason Kidd run your team then Chris Paul?

Are you telling me you want Baron Davis from this year running your team?

You know little about basketball. You lose.
    Now you're just putting words in my mouth, which once again is a side of a loser in a philosophical argument. The difference between the A/T ratio between Davis and Billups is negligible, I just said that Billups is one of the top on the list. I never said anything about that making him better or worse than anybody in the league, but mostly I just said it to get you to list the things that you think makes up a good point guard, which you did, and all of which Chauncey Billups has in Spades. If you wanted the three best point guards in the west, who would you take? I know personally i would go with Paul, Nash, then Billups right now, this season. But what do i know? According to you I know nothing about sports, even though I've been first in my fantasy league almost all year.

Intangibles is a part of the game that stat nerds will never understand. Even though I love using statistics to prove my points, I realize that basketball is a game full of tangibles AND intangibles. Which is why I try to watch the game and not just look at box scores.

I don't think Billups is a top 3 PG in the west, let alone the league. I'd take Nash, Paul, Parker, and Deron Williams over him any day. Billups would BARELY crack my top 5 PG's in the West.

Parker is so underrated, IMO. He shoots at almost 50% and he is one of the most creative PG's in the game when it comes to finding ways to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
    Intangibles is a part of the game that stat nerds will never understand. Even though I love using statistics to prove my points, I realize that basketball is a game full of tangibles AND intangibles. Which is why I try to watch the game and not just look at box scores.

I don't think Billups is a top 3 PG in the west, let alone the league. I'd take Nash, Paul, Parker, and Deron Williams over him any day. Billups would BARELY crack my top 5 PG's in the West.

Parker is so underrated, IMO. He shoots at almost 50% and he is one of the most creative PG's in the game when it comes to finding ways to score.
    plus he's bangin' Eva Longoria, Billups is clutch as hell, you take Parker, and my team will host the Trophy when Chauncey nails a 25 footer at the horn.

obviously I'm joking cuz Parker has like 9 rings

I'd take Parker driving to the lane over Billups pulling up for a 20 ft. jumper any day of the week.

Veteran Member

To Me Billups Is A Player That Never Really Impresses You Watching Him Like Oh Shit Hes A Top Pg In League But He Does All The Right Things To Help A Team Win. Which Is The True Way To Judge A Point Guard.

But I Agree That Carmelo Really Coming Into His Own And Iverson Destroying Teams Has Alot To Do With The Two Teams Peformances.

So Should He Be An Allstar This Year It Depends How You Judge It If You Want The Stat Compilers Then Definitely Not.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Banned

well, lets name the PGs out west.

Billups, Parker, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Nash, Davis, Kidd

Billups is a straight up warrior in this league.
    I don't think he's over-rated at all.
    He doesn't impress with the numbers. But he's a proven winner and am I wrong or was he Finals MVP versus L.A.?

Wu Vatican

billups is definatly not overrated.

look at the pistons now. that team won championships, and all those guys made allstar teams, and you take basically one player away and they are fucking sucking cock. theyve lost 8 in a row for the first time since 94-95. thats bad.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Billup's is far from overrated. he is a very clever PG, good passer, can post up and has a good shot. all of this is overshadowed by his leadership on the court, which is what made that Detroit team so consistent. you jus have to look at the difference between Denver and Detroit since the trade.

Chris Paul and Deron Williams are probably the best PG's in the league right now. but for a playoff game i would pick Parker over the 2, cause he jus goes crazy once in the playoffs.

Billups is over-rated.

He went from being under-rated to being over-rated.

People's reaction to THIS YEAR is evidence.

The Pistons were on there way down before he left.

The Nuggets are Melo's team and they lost Iverson. Addition by subtraction.

That being said, Chauncey is still a good point guard.

But he is overrated.
    --youreallfags.

just shut up you stupid faggot. nobody cares