• Weak

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Onyx - All We Got Iz Us

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

where did u learn this?
    this is probably my fav onyx album i give it a 10 seriously a hip hop classic.
    the booklet

SHAOLIN STUDENT

classic!!! i saw them perform in paris this week, that was one of the best show i ever seen!!!!

After their succesfull debut Baccdafuccup (which went platinum) , Onyx came through with this Grimy, Hardcore and Dark album that didn't care bout having radiofriendly tracks. Not that they ever cared but it's clear that on Baccdafuccup they had that track Slam to hit the charts and be well known on TV and Radio cuz I don't think singles like "Throw Ya Gunz" and "Shifftee" were made to blown up for all audiences, nah those singles were (and still are) for the Hardcore Hip-Hop heads while Slam was more a track with an appeal to all audiences that everybody could like and appreciate. Enough talkin' bout the classic album Baccdafuccup for now , cuz on this album there might be one or two "radio friendly" (for the average Hardcore fan you could call it radio friendly) tracks and that's bout it. It seems like they wanted to make the most Hardcore , atmospheric Hip-Hop album and they did a great job with achieving this goal. They just gave the Hardcore fans what they wanted , and for having barely any promotion , they sure had some videos but I guess it wasn't to be that heavily promoted as when they were to release their debut album, this album still went Gold so it's like a great achievement to go Gold with an album like this, it shows that Hardcore Hip-Hop really lives and gets appreciated! They've also improved their lyrics with the wordplay and rhyme schemes and they even come through with some lyrics bout society and its problems plus some other deep stuff. The beats are all Dark , Atmospheric and Hardcore , no bullshit rnb singing just Hardcore Hip-Hop. Vibe Magazine titled this cd to be the best produced cd of 1995....

They don't have any "happy" or "cheerfull" subjects, it's all about Suicide, Murder , Violence, and Depression.
    Where on their first cd Sticky Fingaz seemed to be outshining the other rappers , it really doesn't happen again on this album where they all three are mad and grimy as hell and just wanna tear the mic apart over a Dark beat. It's obvious Sticky Fingaz is still the best MC of them but this album wouldn't have the classic status without the dope verses from Fredro Starr and Sonsee Seeza who in my opinion even has a better verse than Sticky on Punkmotherfuckaz ....
    Talking bout Punkmotherfuckaz it's clearly the most Hard Hitting, Hardcore track you will ever hear in Hip-Hop, but the f*cked up thing about it is that the track's length is only one minute, so it's like a heavy uppercut in ya face between two tracks in.

The special thing bout this album is that it really feels like an Album , it's like one big story to me without any skipable tracks. The whole cd they be rapping bout suicide and feelin' depressed but all of a sudden they'll be telling you to maintain (once you get to the Maintain skit), that gives you a dope feeling when you feel depressed....
    And right after that they be blastin' it again with a Walk of New York track (last track of the album) which gives you mad self confidence again right after the Maintain skit....

And on this album Sticky Fingaz is at his best in my opinion, he's like that Suicidal, Madface nigga that is mad at the world and simply doesn't give a f*ck, and I respect that to the fullest! His delivery is raw and raspy as hell and his lyrics are deep and ill all in together.

I recommend this cd to EVERYONE , I know that I'm a Hip-Hop head and it may sound biased that I'd recommend a Hip-Hop cd to everyone but it's not only the Hip-Hop aspect, it's the whole atmosphere, the Grimeness , the way they deliver their verses , this is more than just an Ill Rap record to me, it's a Dark Gritty and Gully story with a huge Hardcore appeal , forget bout Illmatic or whateva cd you thought was Hip-Hop's most Classic cd , All We Got Iz Us is the True Hip-Hop Classic!

This album screams esham, but I still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
    This album screams esham, but I still love it.
    How you mean "screams" Esham?

The topics and presentation has a Esham feeling to it.

Quote Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
    The topics and presentation has a Esham feeling to it.
    Yeah you're right , but Esham is just more wicked LOL

True, esham is more satanic, while onyx is more insane.

Veteran Member

Spectacular album, I might like to add.

Love this album, not as good as BacDaFucUp, but still a really really dope album. I wish "Punkmuthafuckas" was made into a song, and im not that gone on "Live Niggaz", but apart from that, top album.

Onyx's dopest album if you ask me.

Aint The Devil Happy Ganja Farmer's Avatar

Whole album is dope...Classic 10/10.
    Every society honors it's live conformists and dead trouble makers
    I'm the Son of Satan, sculpted the culture of the ancients
    Burn me at the stake with my left hand stuck in the Matrix
    I'm the apex, I steal science offa spaceships

This album is the reason why I like Onyx so much , they made my favourite album all time , I've never heard an album that was more , Grimy , Gritty and Depressed than this one!

-

I think All We Got Iz Us is better than Bacdafucup. LOL@the album picture showing Fredro, Sticky, Sonsee jumping in the air looking mean hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Classic picture.

"Baccdafuccup" wasn't all that great to me and that's the only Onyx LP i copped, but after reading this thread i just dowloaded this album. will be interesting to hear!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!