View Poll Results: WHAT CHA THINK FO THE UNTOLD STORY OF WALTER REED?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • SUPERIOR/CLASSIC

10 50.00%
  • BANGING

7 35.00%
  • DOPE

1 5.00%
  • WEAK

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest-the Untold Story Of Walter Reed

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Killah Priest-the Untold Story Of Walter Reed

For allot of the music game the stream of constant music versus the business is a struggle for allot of artist whom love the process of recording abundance of material and for Killah Priest, an emcee and a highly regarded associated with Black Market Militia, Sunz of Man and the Four Horsemen (or The Horsemen) and is a Wu-Tang Killa Bee as well. But with all the group situations have never held Priest back from ripping it up and down from his highly touted album “The Offering” (2007) to the remarkablely personal “Behind the Stained Glass” (2008) and his collaboration with Chief Kamachi on “Beautiful Mind” (2008) thus Priest has material stored for days, weeks and prolly years on end. And his recent mixtape “The Untold Story Of Walter Reed” (which will proceed his upcoming album “The Psychic World of Walter Reed”) has the strong essence of being an album rather than your typical mixtape that usually contains shotty quality and a DJ screaming all over and dropping a mountain of “tags” on records messing up the listening experience of the song and whole project. Priest went for the later in dropping a mixtape that played as well as any of his albums.

From the start of the tape comes in a hard knock banging strong gripping track that’s five minutes long titled the “Covenant” and goes directly at sucker emcees on “The Killah” and makes the vivid description of what the “Perfect MC” should be and sound like. But songs that I found most infiltrating to the mind is “Gabriels Palace” and “Never Exsisted” because of the lyrics and the how well the beats match the texture of what Priest spits about using allot of references to history, conspiracy and theology yet comes out so smooth even wit his sometimes monotone delivery you cannot ignore his lyrical skill.
    In the breadth of allot this tape is revealations and thoughts plus it is a showcase of lyricism without scarficing integrity the way so many artist have just to make millions.
    This is real rap music and you can find it in the evidence on songs like “ME” to the very oft kilter yet really simple yet metaphorically used term as the title of a track “Just Some Sh*t Off the Top”.

At times yes lyricist or fans like myself whom love lyrics and stories can be pretty heady if you don’t understand and lack the insight to grab the information Killah Priest is laying down. That’s not to discredit fans for not being intelligence but Priest isn’t everybody’s cup of tea to say the least. Overall I’m giving this mixtape a 4 out of 5 not exactly a classic yet very balanced where their listener can wrap his or head around. I would to have loved to see Priest branch out and drop the safety net just a little bit. Other than that I’d say if you think hip hop is dead you better get the pop out of your head and research one of the best to do it.

4 OUT 5 STARS
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 03-21-2009 at 11:10 PM.

FRESH FISH

I've heard it like 3 times already, shit is fire!!!!!!!!!!! Alot to absord.....Priest is coming hard.

Liquid Swordsman Wu-Tang Gambino's Avatar

If you separated Classic & Superior, I would've chose Superior. Chose banging but this tape was great.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i gotta give it a bunch more listens before i write a full review but after listenin to it most of the night, i love it....i'm just hella thankful that Priest is around and doin his thing for the listeners like this..

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    i gotta give it a bunch more listens before i write a full review but after listenin to it most of the night, i love it....i'm just hella thankful that Priest is around and doin his thing for the listeners like this..
    same here

This is insane, and just to call it a mixtape is more insanely.

Imagine what the album would sound like?

Also second part of the mixtape?

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post

I know, what other mc is putting shit out like this.......makes me want to support him in everything his does because he does this for the fans!!!!!!!!

WUTANG173, u can start the support by registerin' at his site and join the Confession Booth.

FRESH FISH

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Allah Sun View Post
    WUTANG173, u can start the support by registerin' at his site and join the Confession Booth.
    I'm waiting 4 my approval and def support Priest.

is this going to be dropping?? anytime soon, Damn yall talk highly of it, I know how ill priest is but yo. I rather pay for his music, and do my usual ritual that is, Get cd, get blunts, get erb and just listen. BTSG was like whoa! specially if you were blowed.

FRESH FISH

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic Hispanic View Post
    is this going to be dropping?? anytime soon, Damn yall talk highly of it, I know how ill priest is but yo. I rather pay for his music, and do my usual ritual that is, Get cd, get blunts, get erb and just listen. BTSG was like whoa! specially if you were blowed.
    Priest is letting ppl download it for free. Here's the link:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/uvfcay

He's accepting donations if you want to show some love. Go to killahpriest.com and donate $$$$$.

yeah, thanks, but I got a slow computer by the time that shit download my battery will be out, So I guess I could wait

This mixtape is totally insane! Killah Priest is definitely a blessing to the hip hop game.

FRESH FISH

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KingTuk View Post
    This mixtape is totally insane! Killah Priest is definitely a blessing to the hip hop game.
    Yeah, it's insane. I have so many favorites on this.

Priest has been coming correct for years now. PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP! THIS SHIT IS PURE FIRE. THIS IS THE HIP HOP FOR TODAY.