View Poll Results: WHAT CHA THINK FO THE UNTOLD STORY OF WALTER REED?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • SUPERIOR/CLASSIC

10 50.00%
  • BANGING

7 35.00%
  • DOPE

1 5.00%
  • WEAK

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest-the Untold Story Of Walter Reed

Veteran Member

inzane mixtape
    i have listened 4 times yet
    its betta than all his 2008 bootlegs

WUTANG173, good shit, spread da news son.

Veteran Member

the mixtape is dope, i mean the lyrics are insane, i have giving it 2 spins so far, and for now my favourite track of the mixtape is track 10 - My World.
    The lyrics are so vivid
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Hip-Hop infested Mind Supreme-NRT's Avatar

insane, fuckin insance..priest comes always correct. cant wait for the psychic world of walter reed.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

I just downloaded it this morning, and after going through half of it, this is a damn good tape. Lyrically, Priest shines. Not quite at the level he was at on 'Offering', but damn close. There's some crazy imagery on joints like 'Covenant'. I dont know who did the beats, but it sounds like Woool did the bulk of it. He's definitely improved since BTSG, but he uses the same drums on nearly every track.
    noyzhiphop.bandcamp.com
    twitter.com/noyzhiphop

i was gonna pass on this but yall are sayin its fire so imma get it.

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by Rooty P View Post
    Priest has been coming correct for years now. PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP! THIS SHIT IS PURE FIRE. THIS IS THE HIP HOP FOR TODAY.
    the man in your sig makes alot better music than priest for a long long time now.

lmao @ the classic votes, wu-corp

FRESH FISH

Thumbs up

Why would you pass up something free? Mixtape is fire!

FRESH FISH

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post

For allot of the music game the stream of constant music versus the business is a struggle for allot of artist whom love the process of recording abundance of material and for Killah Priest, an emcee and a highly regarded associated with Black Market Militia, Sunz of Man and the Four Horsemen (or The Horsemen) and is a Wu-Tang Killa Bee as well. But with all the group situations have never held Priest back from ripping it up and down from his highly touted album “The Offering” (2007) to the remarkablely personal “Behind the Stained Glass” (2008) and his collaboration with Chief Kamachi on “Beautiful Mind” (2008) thus Priest has material stored for days, weeks and prolly years on end. And his recent mixtape “The Untold Story Of Walter Reed” (which will proceed his upcoming album “The Psychic World of Walter Reed”) has the strong essence of being an album rather than your typical mixtape that usually contains shotty quality and a DJ screaming all over and dropping a mountain of “tags” on records messing up the listening experience of the song and whole project. Priest went for the later in dropping a mixtape that played as well as any of his albums.

From the start of the tape comes in a hard knock banging strong gripping track that’s five minutes long titled the “Covenant” and goes directly at sucker emcees on “The Killah” and makes the vivid description of what the “Perfect MC” should be and sound like. But songs that I found most infiltrating to the mind is “Gabriels Palace” and “Never Exsisted” because of the lyrics and the how well the beats match the texture of what Priest spits about using allot of references to history, conspiracy and theology yet comes out so smooth even wit his sometimes monotone delivery you cannot ignore his lyrical skill.
    In the breadth of allot this tape is revealations and thoughts plus it is a showcase of lyricism without scarficing integrity the way so many artist have just to make millions.
    This is real rap music and you can find it in the evidence on songs like “ME” to the very oft kilter yet really simple yet metaphorically used term as the title of a track “Just Some Sh*t Off the Top”.

At times yes lyricist or fans like myself whom love lyrics and stories can be pretty heady if you don’t understand and lack the insight to grab the information Killah Priest is laying down. That’s not to discredit fans for not being intelligence but Priest isn’t everybody’s cup of tea to say the least. Overall I’m giving this mixtape a 4 out of 5 not exactly a classic yet very balanced where their listener can wrap his or head around. I would to have loved to see Priest branch out and drop the safety net just a little bit. Other than that I’d say if you think hip hop is dead you better get the pop out of your head and research one of the best to do it.

4 OUT 5 STARS
    Dope review. Yeah, I think we could of done without the drops between songs. I think some of the songs could be album material. Like Gabriel's Place, The Covenant, Recogize, Sanskrit, and a couple more.

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

O thought he could have came better if it was a mediocre or average selection i would have chosen that
    Common~Talib Kweli~Nas~Az~Bun B~Eightball&MJG~Goodie mob~Fiend~WuTang~Lupe~BoneThugs~SunzofMan~JayZ~Bea ns~Jeezy~The Roots

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence View Post
    O thought he could have came better if it was a mediocre or average selection i would have chosen that

It's a free mixtape, not album! It has album material on it too. Alot of haters on this Wu-Corp shit!

i am still overwhemled by such a great album with mad deep lyrics---he is my alltime favorite and this is amazing--the beats fit his style perfect--i dont want no other beats for him but what he uses--this cd is bangin--thanks priest for hookin us fans up wit the free tape--
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=410&dateline=12174845  45

All I could say is Damn, I finally downloaded this off limewire, and I'm not suprised priest
    is definition of hip hop. Priest after all these years has yet to drop a mediocre album, All his albums are awesome in their own respect. Priest always comes correct wit the lyrics, and almost always has a ear for some
    dark, ill beats that make u feel that shit & say Damn, Especially if you High. I personally like that slow metaphoric ill beats that priest usually drops jews on. he already has so many classic songs it's unreal, Peep "Musifixtion", through milleniums, Peep Profits of Man, Peep "Street Operah" & "Wisdom" Just to name a few all his music is ill, Dudes untouchable. Do your self a favor and don't miss any song from priest, Killah Priest Is a LIVING LEGEND give the man the honor and call him number 1.

They're just trying to Musify a Legend in our time, Support "Killah Priest"
    Last edited by Illmatic Hispanic; 04-17-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Shit is ill. Been sleeping on this.

Top 5: Convenant, The Killah, Gabriel's Palace The Dybbuk (fav), Never Existed, Slaughter House Freestyle

Grade: (4/5) A-

FRESH FISH

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
    Shit is ill. Been sleeping on this.

Top 5: Convenant, The Killah, Gabriel's Palace The Dybbuk (fav), Never Existed, Slaughter House Freestyle

Grade: (4/5) A-

Word! I agree, ppl need to download! I hear this on satellite radio, I think it's getting lots of love. Over on the Priest forum (killahpriest.com), he said that over 40,000 downloads!