Thread: You got game?

Default You got game?

i am 6'7" but like to play 2gaurd or 3forward. i will play center but i hte it cause its boring to me.

folks get mad when they see the tallest dude play like a small forward or like a shooting guard. even if you score. idk if its a steppin on toes thing or what.

defense is the best part of my game. i WILL shut you down mostly by forcing you out of your comfort zone. i can, but i dont have to block your shot i can just make you shoot rainbows or force you into your 3rd shot option which is low low percentage.

i kill crossovers. cats like to try and knock a dribble out of the hand. nooooo. yyoui steal it where it bounces. that point of the "V" has a huge target to steal from comin down or goin up. i just swipe at that.

Veteran Member

i feel ya

but i like to play 5man

i like steeling the ball, too

first i act like im just covering the guy , but im paying attention to the rhythm of his dribbles

then with my long arms i'll swipe at the ball and head for the basket or pass to someone closer to it

people underestimate my long arm reach

Banned

i play the 1 or 2...i enjoy breaking people down of the dribble. I can shoot it from deep, but i enjoy a pull up off the dribble. I'm a student of the game, so i excel at the point cuz i am a good passer.
    I work best with a good big man and feed off of the double teams.
    I'm quick, can jump for a whitey, i get a few blocks and i usually get a good amount of steals.

My faults....i can get hot or cold with my shot. My ball handling isn't what it used to be.
    For some reason, i play much better on blacktop than i do on wood or in a gym. I feel faster on it. Maybe i get better traction..i dont kno

Banned

i'm a solid right winger or defenseman. my slap shot is average, but i have an accurate wrist shot. i can grind it out in the corners or stay in front of the net. i'm more of a set up man than a goal scorer. i play both ends of the ice

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    For some reason, i play much better on blacktop than i do on wood or in a gym. I feel faster on it. Maybe i get better traction..i dont kno

ya i play better on concrete; it feels natural

playing indoors, you gotta make sure your shoes are good

worn out shoes might be good for outside, but not on a polished wooden floor

when playing ball, you gotta keep it up

one time i stopped for two months and when i came back to it, had no hand-leg coodination and had to relearn how to play

that was after running on the court and throwing the ball to my teammates without looking at them and catching it without looking at them and doing crazy moves cuz i played everyday

Banned

haha..

I can all infield positions but first base. I dont like shortstop, but i can play it. I prefer thirdbase but im also comfortable at second.
    I can also play all outfield position but excel in centerfield.
    I actuallly prefer the outfield because i dont have the best hands on teh infield. I stay in front of the ball but fielding it cleanly is a task.

Im more of a line drive hitter, but i tend to strikeout alot. Im fast so i leg out alot of grounders. Im also a decent base stealer.

When I pitched, I didnt throw alot of heat, rather i had great control(which i acquired by pitching at the pole of a chain link fence over and over). I could locate the ball anywhere.
    I didnt have and good pitches tho besides a changeup and a shitty curve.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    ya i play better on concrete; it feels natural

playing indoors, you gotta make sure your shoes are good

worn out shoes might be good for outside, but not on a polished wooden floor

when playing ball, you gotta keep it up

one time i stopped for two months and when i came back to it, had no hand-leg coodination and had to relearn how to play

that was after running on the court and throwing the ball to my teammates without looking at them and catching it without looking at them and doing crazy moves cuz i played everyday
    oh for sure. PLus you gotta get your wind back. Stamina is a big part of basketball and if you havent played for like a year, you'll be grasping for air.
    but yea, the shot usually comes back first, but the ball handling...i dont think it will ever be what it was. oh well, the only thing i can get from basketball these days is a torn ACL

I play strictly PG. I'm only 5'9" and I like passing/dribbling. I got a decent jumper when I can elevate.

My little brother is 6'6" and we go to Venice Beach every other Saturday to play some 2-on-2. We one of the best one-two punches there, kinda. lol

I played a little organized ball in my early years in high school...but had to quit cuz I wasn't eligible.

I love playing downlow. That's where the action is.
    6'4, 190, slim boy. But I play with heart and love taking on the bigger dudes downlow. I love that challenge. If we playin 2on2 or 3on3 half, I will run the SF/SG/PG spot tho alot..
    I find that all the wannabee Pgs and Sgs in the streets, they all garbage.
    They swear they got game.
    Tryna do whatever they saw on Top 10 Plays last night n shit.
    Once I stop smokin them cancer sticks (cigarettes), ima get back in shape and start playing basketball daily again.
    If I go out there now (We play 5 on 5z in my hood mainly) I'll be huffin n puffin the third or fourth trip up/down the court...
    Havent played the other sports since I was mad young though.
    I'd love to get some Stick Ball poppin off down here but people just look at me retarded when I even mention the word..

Dwight Conroy Farrell ButterCrunchJoints's Avatar

I play the 3, but can run the 4 if necessary. I stroke from the wing but can also pound down low, and love to rebound. I won a state championship last year and played for the 2nd ranked school in the entire D.C. metro area. I'm mad out of shape now though, and get winded after like a game or two at the gym.
    don't you flip your glasses up at me Kadeem Hardison