Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Stranded Island Albums (RECOMMEND AN ALBUM)

Skull is from Bakesale.

There isn't much of their better stuff on youtube.

Wu Vatican

i doubt anyone on this board has heard of this dude, or any music like this for that matter. besides maybe the nigerian for obvious reasons.

this dude samite, straight out of africa shit. some seriously beautiful serene peaceful type music.

i really suggest giving this a listen. some serious shit to ease your soul.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

I might go out on a limb and say this is as good as my favourite "plugged" Nirvana album, In Utero.

I remember i got this for what must have been my 10th birthday or something, i think it might have been the first album i actually owned.

Listened to it high the other day, and it reminded me of how great it is.

Default The Offical: Albums you must listen to atleast once

alright the title is pretty self explanitory - name the albums that you think people should atleast try to listen in whole too, not albums with one or good songs, not fuckin ........ albums that you and your boys love because you grew up with, not albums that have just dropped, albums that have:

* stood the test of time
    * inspired
    * have been held in high regard by veterans of the same/similar scene
    * awesome songs start to finish

one album at a time, and give reasons why you think the album in your opinion has classic value.

one album at a time & respect peoples own opinion - avoid arguing because believe it or not, people have different opinions than you. and their opinion is as valid as yours. ADD ON !

Last edited by NIGHT MAYOR; 04-06-2009 at 07:58 AM.

This album 'TEN' holds such beauty as: Jeremy, Oceans, Even Flow & Alive

it was created around the year 1990 and was the mainstream debut for the legendary band Perl Jam

anyone into rock or grunge will agree this album is one of the best ever made

every instument plays its part, vocals are perfect and heart felt, topics revelant no matter the time and also have no dectection of bullshit or ego.

for me they dont get much better to smoke a spliff too, watch the waves roll in at night, get close to your closest, wake up on a sunday morning, chill out in the car too, get rediculously drunk too after a hardship, work out too, work too, eat - sleep and wash too. this album is for everybody.

Veteran Member

masta ace - disposable arts

Quote Originally Posted by fredy mech View Post
    one album at a time, and give reasons why you think the album in your opinion has classic value.
    w

Burial - Untrue

Pretty much the best thing to come around since the advent of paganism.

This album is just lyrical as fuck in such a profound, and non lyrical jam session of shimmering static, stark white noise, disturbing wales and darkness as dark as a shadow at night.

The number of times i've listened to this on a late night bus trip or while i was walking around in the rain broadcasting pirate radio is innumerable.

Homeless is the most evocative narrative of a non narrative, communicated in such a visual but entirely aural fashion.

Burial throws in some sly two step to keep the haters wishing they had left the walking sticks at home because they'll be leaving on crutches.

The sampling = ((Stoupe + Blue Sky, Black Death x DJ Premier) + (1 + The RZA) ^ J Dilla)

This is the kind of record that you throw on after blazing Christmas trees on the clouds of infinity and begin to comprehend, the way.

It becomes more about listening to the album, as oppose to just hearing it.

You can just be there thinking you're watching some gritty 70's British cinematographer throwing his ideas up on the wall, before you realise you're listening to music.

It transcends the medium and behaves in universally conjunctive manner with any other medium.

You can 'listen' to the album anywhere, in any different form.

This is the kind of record that you throw on at fredy mech's house to indoctrinate him with appreciation and fear of the god.

I think the pagans know what i mean.
    Last edited by rainbow; 04-07-2009 at 10:55 AM.

damn.

Banned

A lot of classic and well known songs covered into Bosa Nova style songs, and sounding pretty fucking good too.

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Veteran Member

Van morrison astral weeks, the album just sounds so fresh i think its timeless

Reviewby William RuhlmannAstral Weeks is generally considered one of the best albums in pop music history. For all that renown, Astral Weeks is anything but an archetypal rock & roll album: in fact, it isn't a rock & roll album at all. Employing a mixture of folk, blues, jazz, and classical music, Van Morrison spins out a series of extended ruminations on his Belfast upbringing, including the remarkable character "Madame George" and the climactic epiphany experienced on "Cyprus Avenue." Accompanying himself on acoustic guitar, Morrison sings in his elastic, bluesy voice, accompanied by a jazz rhythm section (Jay Berliner, guitar, Richard Davis, bass, Connie Kay, drums), plus reeds (John Payne) and vibes (Warren Smith, Jr.), with a string quartet overdubbed. An emotional outpouring cast in delicate musical structures, Astral Weeks has a unique musical power. Unlike any record before or since, it nevertheless encompasses the passion and tenderness that have always mixed in the best postwar popular music, easily justifying the critics' raves.
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:h9ftxqw5ld0e