View Poll Results: Which MC did you prefer on Cannibal Ox's 'The Cold Vein'?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vast Aire

17 51.52%
  • Vordul Mega

16 48.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vast Aire vs Vordul Mega (on The Cold Vein)

Default Vast Aire vs Vordul Mega (on The Cold Vein)

which do you prefer?

i'm expecting a massive Vast Aire blowout.

but to be honest, i always liked Vordul Mega's verses more on the cold vein. "thoughts of ghetto acapellas in cathedrals"

vast aire might have the better lyrics but megallah's flow is much better

like on this song

classic vordul verse

not saying vast aire isnt dope. he has a lot of great lines and quotables. i just prefer vordul's verses

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Vordul Mega I would give it to by 1.54 cm. Listen to Battle For Asgard ...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Definitely Vast Aire. His performance on this album is one of my favourite performances by an mc on any hip hop album, ever. El-P can definitely account for some of that too, with his production/mixing/mastering additions. But Vast's delivery was fresh. Unique in a very positive way. So too his wordplay. It's not like his lyrics were overly complex or anything. He just used a unique and interesting kind of wordplay. Lines like "What you figure, that chalky outline on the ground is a father figure?", "I'm honest to a fault but it's my fault I'm that honest"...just crafty shit, but not going for too much with some wack complicated similie like most rappers do. His use of homonyms was an original concept for an mc as far as I know, and a pretty good one at it.

Vordul ripped it on the opening 2 tracks, especially Iron Galaxy, but after that he wasn't too impressive.

as i was ready to vote for my man Vast ( "either you like reincarnation or the smell of carnations...") i thought of...spit words not to hurt but to bash your brains..which i think is a shining reference...either way...i flipped a coin and voted mega.

X-Men vs. Street Fighter is probably literally the greatest video game ever. I could destroy anybody with Ryu's aerial raves. The only downer is Apocalypse, where you fight his big fuck off hand. Whenever I play survival mode I destroy every motherfucker in a few seconds, and then my energy gets drained on Apocalypse and I have to build it up again. It's not that he's really hard. I'm just impatient and can't be fucked waiting for good opportunities to attack him.

Sorry to go off topic. Raspberry Fields is one of the hardest tracks ever. Cold Vein is the closest thing there's been to a classic hip hop album in the last decade. It probably even is classic. Vast Aire's first solo album was actually pretty good, but after that he fell off pretty badly.

To me it's Vast Aire.. Yeah, his flow is not as good as Vordul's, but his flow still kind of compliments El-P's production and it kind of goes with his lyrics, which are some of the best I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

I voted Vordul; his flow and voice are preferable to me...both killed it lyrically, it was really the mixture of their two styles that elevated the album so much, they really coplimented each other well.

scream phoenix!

and this isn't just a classic hip hop album; it's a classic album period...it's a shame more people haven't heard this, to me sonically and lyrically it transcends the genre

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

The definition of classic.

Both killed it but I'd probably give it to Vast. He was just so poetic on the album.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Vordul Mega

^^^^where is that song from in your sig?

whatever happened to the follow up that was supposed to have rza and pete rock beats?

vordul' revolution of the yung havoks album was good too, i didn't get into vast aire's solo shit, though.

I guess ima go with Vaiste Air, but its pretty close. Vordul killed it on pidgeons tho, probably my favourite verse on the album, atleast one of my favourites.

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

It was mainly the way that Vast Aire could deliver conversationally as well as confrontationally (my shit here says that's not a word lol)
    as shown here

"you were a stillborn baby mother didn't want you but you were still born"
    one of the most quotable quotables i've ever heard

and one that not a lot of people like as much but i still think is great

"you ain't the real McCoy you a wind up toy and that's gonna cost ya and that's my B-Boy Alpha"

Vordul was dope on the flow, but it was less accessible i think because of his vocal range. It was lower and blended with the beat like a chocolate syrup, while Vast's flow was like the cherry on top, it was colorful and stood out as well as added an unexpected flavor without ruining the sundae, in fact it complimented it

Cold Vein IS classic btw
    Last edited by White_Mouse; 03-05-2009 at 01:17 PM.
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

Vast Aire DEFINITLEY!!!

Dudes presence on this album is insane. Every line he delivers is intense and delves into the soul. I dont know what happened to him after this album but on this album his style is flawless and just fits so well with the sparse, dark, productions. Just listen to Iron Galaxy.

my real name's closer to Thor's than yours!!! lmao...