Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: GZA & Muggs - Grandmasters Review Thread

Oztradamus

Default Re: GZA & Muggs - Grandmasters Review Thread

*takes a leak*

Quote Originally Posted by Oztradamus
    *takes a leak*
    More than a leak. Somebody turn on the the water.

"name a crew that could stop the force that i strike with/
    let alone, try to hold the pen that i write wit/
    you could even chop off the fingers i type wit/
    those i hold the mic wit, THINKIN I MIGHT QUIT/"

this album = ILL

fuckin ill album.... 9/10
    classic...a new millenium classic
    best album of the year

Quote Originally Posted by EMISSARY
    WOW.... look at the size of his head...

he MUST be a genius

PEACE

Oneman

Wolf in sheep clothes

wow i have the album in advance but i just save queen's gambit which is marvelous !! the instru is beeaauutiful like fish (ghostface), another wu bangaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by borninvincible

he MUST be a genius

PEACE

Oneman
    LOL

FRESH FISH

2005 has been a good year

fuckin best album ive heard in a long time, gza fuckin man, num 1!

...You don't want beef with people like me so don't pretend I'll resurrect your aborted baby and kill it again...

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

one of my favorite lp's this past year and especially from a wu member gza swords and all their sword were shapr man muggs beat fits perfectly

Veteran Member mic-cord-strangler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by borninvincible

he MUST be a genius

PEACE

Oneman
    yo look at the cover of legend of the liquid sword. his son's head is almost twice as big as gza's head..freaky shit!
    1st king

OPENING
    THOSE THAT'S ABOUT IT - A great beat wit nice sounding vocal samples. GZA comes lyrically correct, soundin' a bit sedated but overall the song is mad nice - 4.5/5
    DESTRUCTION OF A GUARD - Nice storytelling from GZA, dope chorus from the Chef... Magnificient beat from Muggs. Vocal samples are mad nice here. 5/5
    EXPLOITATION OF MISTAKES - GZA tellin' dope stories again, he's a master at it. Da beat is so damn beautiful... Best songs from the album. 5/5
    GENERAL PRINCIPLES - HEAT HEAT HEAT!!! Oh my God whut a beat! Straight up Liquid Swords shit... GZA delivers the lyrics full of energy.. I'm truly confused cuz most of ya peeps consider this song as the weakest of the album. 6/5
    ADVANCED PAWNS - Nice posse cut. Beat is damn nice, the drums, the bass, the strings.... Pure Wu sound. Great to hear these MC's on a same track again. 5/5
    QUEENS GAMBIT - An interesting song. A love song. GZA has never really made a luv song, I think... GZA proves here that he's the MASTA. No one can touch his skill. To refer to NFL was really a dope idea!!! The beat takes sum time to grow on, sum slow, jazzy type shit.. 5/5
    ALL IN TOGETHER NOW - Almost got tears in my eyes when hearing Dirty on da intro.. Nice tribute to Dirt Dog!!! Beat is kinda simple, sumtimes the guitar gets on my nerves... Drums are very RZA type. But da beat would fit better to Cypress.
    Weird how GZA spits the first verse with his "new",slow style but the second and third verse sound like it was 95.. 4.5/5
    UNSTOPPABLE THREATS - Another posse cut... The beat iz so damn Wu!!! Gives sum serious kicks. GZA, P Sunn and MK all come fucking great. 5/5
    UNPROTECTED PIECES - Slow, haunting beat, like straight out sum ol skool video game!!! it's dope... GZA in his element. 5/5
    ILLUSORY PROTECTION - OMG OMG OMG!!! This song is made 2005?!!! This is straight outta Liquid Swords, man! Da chorus gives me serious chills... It's about to be a catastrophe!!! The best song i've heard this year. 6/5
    SMOTHERED MATE - Nice ending to da album... Sounds like a Math beat. Nice organs. GZA spits pure cleverness... Sounds like a track from BTS. 4/5

Overall the album iz fucking great, beats the shit outta BTS and LOTLS... Far over my expectations... Not too much cameos, so GZA gets more time to shine on da mic... Muggs was fucking impressive in the production. The beats match the Wu sound perfectly. GZA has just gotten better and better... Ain't hard to tell who's the sharpest lyricist in the game right now. Grandmasters is the best album I've heard this year!!!

Overall score 5/5
    "I drank wit the devil and ate wit the reverend
    we talked numbers and I told that mine was seven"

www.myspace.com/mastaful

yo i havent downloaded it ima wait til it hits the streets and everyone better pay money 4 that shit like i kno most of ya will...well anyways judgin by the shit ive heard this will be gzas second best album ever....every track ive heard is just sick

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

Favourite Wu member is back, next up is GZA Presents... Dying for that too.

Opening - An intro, how good can it be? I like the beat a lot though. No rating for an Intro.

Those That's 'Bout It - This is pretty nice but ain't to nice replay-wise 7/10

Destruction of a Guard (Pop, Pop, Pop) - This song is fire, Raekwon and GZA are killer together, tell Kayne that "yoooou" sample is how you do it. - 8.7/10

Exploitation of Mistakes - This beat sounds so deep, this song is very deep. But I love this beat so much. A give you chills beat, great job by Muggs. Then the lyrics and GZA actually changes his voice a bit, something GZA isn't famous for. Great song. - 10/10

General Principles - People don't seem to be liking this song but this song is a hard beat but not the greatest lyrics and the bass outweighs the treble a bit much. But on the second GZA verse GZA comes dangerous. That is what makes this song real' nice. - 9/10

Advance Pawns (Royal) - This song is amazing, I love the sample "ATTENTION", RZA's first verse is so tight. Then GZA right after, trailing him at a perfect pace. But then when RZA goes again after the , his flow on the starting bar is SO AMAZING. It goes so well, makes me love this song and for people who heard this song I mean the bar that ends with RZA saying "Strings I conduct, you listen". Raekwon had a decent verse but it was quick and didn't roll with this superb beat to good. RZA's flow made this track one of the best on the CD. Big ups RZA. 10/10

Queen's Gambit (NFL) - Using all those football terms and teams. Pretty nice song, the lyrics are like Fame or Animal Planet. Same with the beat but to me something about this, like GZA maybe goes a bit to fast? Amazing lyrics and a nice fitting beat but not a fav song. 8.5/10

All In Together - Great tribute to ODB (RIP), great beat, gets a little bit repeatative (the beat) but a very nice song. Everything GZA spits in this is so true, he did a great job, deep song, perfect flow, it is great. - 9.5/10

Unstoppable Threats (Hip-Hop) - Pretty good song, good verses but Masta Killa gets the best verse on this. Beat ain't too special but pretty nice. Prodigal Sunn is amazing too. 8.5/10

Unprotected Pieces (Game Face) - This beat is pretty nice and it is so fitting when it starts getting more and more intense with GZA. Then it goes to the chorus with that crazy intense beat. Very nicely done song. 9.5/10

Illusory Protection (War Drumz) - GZA gets even more intense, from the last song, beat stays pretty intense too. Beat gets a little worse from last song, GZA gets a little better but still very well done. 9.5/10

Smothered Mates - Unlike what everyone else was saying this is a HEAVY song, the last three just get more and MORE intense. Then this is like the peak, the two things put together, great GZA lyrics and great beat. This song is very heavy and intense. Heaviest song on here, not friendly sounding and the lyrics are especially not friendly. Amazingly done how the last three just get more and more intense. Muggs and GZA are amazing. 10/10

Overall, I think this CD is AMAZING. First No Said Date, now this and I heard Trife and Ghost not bad either. Old Wu is back and just as tight. Only new album I need to hear is U-God's. The only problem with this CD is the length, not even 50 minutes, I say they need to throw on 2-3 more tracks THEN call this an album and call it a great one at that. Maybe get a couple more people on the CD too... Masta Killa, GZA and RZA track would be best, haha. 9/10

^^^Nice review.