Thread: 2009 ACC Tournament

Default 2009 ACC Tournament

I'm looking over the brackets right now....starts Thursday in Atlanta...

Virgina Tech and Miami should be a great game. Alotta athleticism with both teams. A.D. Vassallo (VT) and Jack McClinton (UM) are my two players to watch for.

Clemson and Georgia Tech should be a beat down. The only time I've really seen G.T. this year, they were getting scrubbed. They used to be good a few years back but Clemson should be able to get an easy one here. Watch out for Terrence Oglesbe on Clemson..a Shooting Guard..he looks like the kid playing the banjo in Deliverance..but he can shoot the ball with the best of him and when he gets going he's hot from downtown.

Maryland and NC State now that's always a good game. NC State kinda came on late, as did Maryland. One thing about Maryland is that they're kinda a 1 Man show to me. If Greives Vasquez can put them on their back and carry them..they could surprise people. But if teams shut him down, they could be out early. Including this game.

And then we got B.C. and Virginia. B.C. killed my Noles earlier in the year up in Boston, because they're good. And Virginia? Well, they're up there with Georgia Tech. They really aren't too good and should get scrubbed up in this 1st round.

North Carolina plays the winner of Miami/V.Tech. (Hoping to see Miami advance, they almost had North Carolina earlier this year at home.)

FSU plays winner of G.T./Clemson. (Hoping to see an FSU/North Carolina Semifinals down the line....obvious reasons for anyone who knows ACC Basketball.)

Wake Forest plays the winner of Maryland/NC State.

Duke's got the BC/Virginia winner.

Should be a great tourny....1st round I got: Miami, Clemson, Maryland, B.C. No upsets. Not in the 1st round at least.

Dwight Conroy Farrell ButterCrunchJoints's Avatar

TERPS baby, now that Miami lost, if we beat wake tomorrow we're a lock.
    if dave neil shoots the lights out like he did last wake game we should be fine, or if milbourne finally gets his shot back after his like month long slump.
    don't you flip your glasses up at me Kadeem Hardison

Quote Originally Posted by ButterCrunchJoints View Post
    TERPS baby, now that Miami lost, if we beat wake tomorrow we're a lock.
    if dave neil shoots the lights out like he did last wake game we should be fine, or if milbourne finally gets his shot back after his like month long slump.
    we will not be fine. wake is way bigger than MD. they dominated the terps with thier size last game. go terps, but it's not gonna be pretty either way...

Dwight Conroy Farrell ButterCrunchJoints's Avatar

oh ye of little faith.
    shit is lookin pretty good right now, got their whole team in foul trouble and a 5 point lead at the half. i got a good feeling about this, we're straight up out playing them, and teague is playin like some ass.
    don't you flip your glasses up at me Kadeem Hardison

North Carolina to win & win the whole tourney YES SIR
    stand up Tar Heels

Quote Originally Posted by nelly13 View Post
    stand up Tar Heels
    tar heels are clearly the best team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterCrunchJoints View Post
    oh ye of little faith.
    shit is lookin pretty good right now, got their whole team in foul trouble and a 5 point lead at the half. i got a good feeling about this, we're straight up out playing them, and teague is playin like some ass.
    yes... happy day...

Quote Originally Posted by nelly13 View Post
    stand up Tar Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    tar heels are clearly the best team this year.
    no.......