Page 980 of 980 FirstFirst ... 480880930970977978979980
Results 14,686 to 14,699 of 14699

Thread: Pro Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    I should stop also. Considering I am a Twolves fan. They have abysmal since KG departure years ago. I think things will be better when LeBron retires, he started a lot of the BS we encounter now. Some solid players like Curry,Giannis, Jimmy Butler, Donic are just getting overshadowed by losers on the Lakers and Nets roster.

Plus if you watch ESPN, stop. The antics of these fuck ups, is there bread and butter anymore. They have basically become TMZ of sports.
    I donít watch any sports networks or talk shows, canít stand them on the radio either.

I canít remember the last time I watched espn non game programming.

I tried to watch some Ohio State basketball today but I literally couldnít get through four or five possessions.

I just donít find the game entertaining anymore. I donít even know the players anymore.

When people try to tell me about ďso and soĒ ďoh my god heís 7 feet and can dribble and shoot 3ísĒ I just donít cares. Iíve seen it all.

Individual play is boring. I got hooked on sports because I had a rooting interest for my home teams, not because I saw a guy dunk a basketball.

I watched every Jordan playoff game because I Hated the Bulls and wanted them
    To lose not cuz I wanted to witness jordan play.

Id say most fans now are fans of players brands more than anything or the pop culture surrounding the game, like jerseys and shoes and all that.

We had so many fake cavs fans with lebron James around. You could always tell because god forbid any loss was ever ďthe kingsĒ fault.

I didnít even celebrate that title in Ď16. It was cheap, felt bought off and fake. Inorganic. I disliked that team and those players as a whole. That whole era when he came back, didnít like and of those teams. And really havenít watched since.0
    Last edited by Dooch; 01-16-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Yeah, I think a lot of my sports viewing is out of habit. Just turning on the game for background noise. I generally only watch games that involve Twolves/Royals/Chiefs, because I grew up watching them. Other wise I only get interested if I got a bet or it's a big playoff game.

I stay away from watching sports networks. I do enjoy TNT crew shaq-barkley-smith. More for the comedy. Radio has sure taken a dive over the years. You are more bound to hear pop culture news or random shit like food talk then actual sports analyst.

Stripped of our language, walked around nameless Amongst the strangest, a heart full of anguish Taught life is dangerous

Baseball I usually have as background noise and on the radio but this changing the name of the Indians is beyond stupid.

You donít just change 110 years of history. Iím sorry. If the Yankees ceased to be the Yankees nobody would accept that.

They were the first team I followed as a kid And went to games with my dad. So I actually see it as an insult to the fan base. Especially because they lied and said they wouldnít. Said they just wanted chief wahoo gone. I knew they if they gave an inch theyíd take a mile.

But itís not the same team without the name.

There was a reason the city of Cleveland retained the Browns name and colors after they left. Itís very important especially with historic teams.

No way I'm not calling Cleveland the Indians the rest of my life, the same with Redskins. It reminds when they sell off naming rights to stadiums/arenas. For instance I still think. Jacobs Field, Tiger stadium, Comiskey Park. I have actual no idea what they are called now and don't care. Anything corporately named I don't recognize.

Stripped of our language, walked around nameless Amongst the strangest, a heart full of anguish Taught life is dangerous

No way I'm not calling Cleveland the Indians the rest of my life, the same with Redskins. It reminds when they sell off naming rights to stadiums/arenas. For instance I still think. Jacobs Field, Tiger stadium, Comiskey Park. I have actual no idea what they are called now and don't care. Anything corporately named I don't recognize.
    I agree I still call it ďThe JakeĒ.

The Redskins logo was one of the great logos in all of sports. Its like anything with this type of thing. A small minority of native Americans and leftists are making these decisions that nobody is really behind. And the people who oppose it donít get heard.

I just canít support the Indians called something else. I hear people just begrudgingly accepting it and pretending ďGuardiansĒ would be a good name. Itís pretty pathetic.
    I think Dolan wants to move the team to Nashville and this was a calculated move to anger the fan base, while dumping salary, knowing the lease
    With the stadium is up in two years.

Thatís my death pool prediction in Ď23.

Tv/radio deals are where the money is at. Cleveland is the 19th largest market, Nashville is the 29th. Wouldn't make any sense to move. But some of these owners amaze me how they can obtain mass amounts of wealth and not be able to run a sports team effectively.

Tv/radio deals are where the money is at. Cleveland is the 19th largest market, Nashville is the 29th. Wouldn't make any sense to move. But some of these owners amaze me how they can obtain mass amounts of wealth and not be able to run a sports team effectively.
    Thatís interesting I didnít know that. I figured Nashville-Davidson had eclipsed us but i guess you have to factor in Akron Canton and Youngstown as Indians territory too.

But Nashville is a hot spot. I didnít know Tennessee had no income tax.

The Team is run very well front office wise, but Dolan just wonít spend money.
    But as I said I canít support it.

Lmao @ Durant VS Rapaport. Stop snitching Rapaport.

NON IGNORANTS *** A-1 STEAK SAUCE *** THE MATLOCK

Come build with the gawd
    https://the5thstate.wixsite.com/5thstate

Rappaport is an attention whore. Dude needs to go away and retire off his residuals.

Rappaport is an attention whore. Dude needs to go away and retire off his residuals.

Pau Gasol is retiring. In Europe he's the only Spanish player people know if they're not really up on basketball.

He's been instrumental in Spain's serious series of victories. A legend in his own country.

I take it most of you know him better from his NBA career, which I'm not familiar with. I don't know how you would rate him as a player?

NON IGNORANTS *** A-1 STEAK SAUCE *** THE MATLOCK

Come build with the gawd
    https://the5thstate.wixsite.com/5thstate

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Pau Gasol is retiring. In Europe he's the only Spanish player people know if they're not really up on basketball.

He's been instrumental in Spain's serious series of victories. A legend in his own country.

I take it most of you know him better from his NBA career, which I'm not familiar with. I don't know how you would rate him as a player?
    Two NBA titles, European and World championships to boot with Spain. He is a hall of famer. He had a really good NBA career, especially when he played for the Grizzlies & then the Lakers. He dropped off obviously but his touch, his high IQ play were always valuable. One of the best Euro players ever.

The Rockets team this season might set a record.

The pelicans are equally bad.