• 3: Good

6 28.57%
  • 2: Boring

1 4.76%
  • 1: Wackadoccious

0 0%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MF DOOM - Born Like This

It's a good album, not great, it might grow on me.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    yeah i forgot that, it is, i think its actually named house of wax too

more signs that this is a half assed lazy fucking album by DOOM

that niggas got issues, if he been working on this album so long why are there so many 3 year old beats?

i second this.

sounds more like he took 3 weeks to do this instead of three years.

i dont think its real shitty or anything, i like most everything on there, it just puts off a real lazy vibe.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

still trying to figure out why he put a Raekwon vatican mixtape song on his album.

I wonder if he actually produced House OF Wax in that case?

Or is house of wax actually the hosue of flying dagger OG that Dilla made?

^^ it's definitely a strange move on DOOM's behalf but it is a slamming joint nontheless.. you got a good point about "House of Flying Daggers", but if i recall right that is supposed to be a Wu-posse cut and Rae also mentions the Supervillain in the song.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

still trying to figure out why he put a Raekwon vatican mixtape song on his album.

Or is house of wax actually the hosue of flying dagger OG that Dilla made?
    Yeah i don't get it either, but it's still a dope album none the less

Judging by the comments people are making about this album, is it possible that the leak might not be the final version?

I ask this because I want to dl it, but not if it's an advance or some other bullshit.

^^ i actually think it's the full album but one can't be 100% sure that it won't be different once it hit the stores.. listening through some of the songs now and fast-skipping to a few (gonna give it a proper listen tomorrow) but i think it's sounding good.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Lex Records has the exact same tracklist up on their site so this seems to be the definitie album.. also the production credits are up on wikipedia and if they are correct DOOM barely produced half of the beats on it.

LEX RECORDS ENTRY
    WIKIPEDIA ENTRY

You're acting like doom never reused beats, seriously.

its defintely the real album.

and Ive upped my rating to 6.75/10 now.

I cant give it any higher because i'd rate mm...food 8/10 and there no way this can b 7.

that's backwards. raekwon put his DOOM cameo on one of his mixtapes. and as far as the planet asia songs goes, jake had already given that beat to DOOM when asia used it on an "unofficial" album (aka mixtape) plenty of songs leak before they appear on a finished album, i don't know why everyone's holding DOOM to this standard of only having unheard material on his albums.

METAL FACE DOOM
    YOUR CONCURRENCE IN THE ABOVE IS ASSUMED

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    that's backwards. raekwon put his DOOM cameo on one of his mixtapes. and as far as the planet asia songs goes, jake had already given that beat to DOOM when asia used it on an "unofficial" album (aka mixtape) plenty of songs leak before they appear on a finished album, i don't know why everyone's holding DOOM to this standard of only having unheard material on his albums.

^that may be tru, but house of wax came out 2 years ago lol. so it has become a vatican mixtape joint. do you know who produced it? dilla was reputed to of made a beat called house of flying daggers, and i always wondered if house of wax couldve been that track (or some of it)

also i think DOOM kills it on this album, hes crazy, lyrically above par

^that may be tru, but house of wax came out 2 years ago lol. so it has become a vatican mixtape joint. do you know who produced it? dilla was reputed to of made a beat called house of flying daggers, and i always wondered if house of wax couldve been that track (or some of it)

also i think DOOM kills it on this album, hes crazy, lyrically above par
    it's a DOOM beat, the house of flying daggers beat is on donuts from what i've heard. albums are the permanent record (pun intended) in 10 years no one will remember that the raekwon joint was a couple years old when it appeared on the album.

DOOM's lyrics are great on this album. it might be my favorite lyricism from him ever.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    it's a DOOM beat, the house of flying daggers beat is on donuts from what i've heard. albums are the permanent record (pun intended) in 10 years no one will remember that the raekwon joint was a couple years old when it appeared on the album.

DOOM's lyrics are great on this album. it might be my favorite lyricism from him ever.
    for someone whos sucha crate digga, im surprised he used that UFO sample? i mean its a classic of course, but i mean come on its been done already lol. what happened to them "one beer" type samples? (even though thats co-produced by madlib but you knwo)