• 1: Wackadoccious

0 0%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MF DOOM - Born Like This

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Just noticed Still Dope=Passion Flower from Special Herbs
    wow hes gay. he def. gonna release a REAL album later this year

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

i dont see any Kanye diss on Supervillainz. at all.

i also like the "what rhymes with villain, thrillin', stealin" etc hook alot, idk if it was a joke hook but its sick

Wu Vatican

i think he auto tuned that as a joke. it works, but its like funny and bad but good at the same time. some 3 6 mafia type of goodness.

and i still dont see why you dont like the idea of batty boyz dusk. its an album, like a movie. not everything in movies is true. most actually isnt true. which is why i dont see a problem with it. its a good concept from an super villian. which also in my opinion is why "tony starks" guests on there instead of saying ghost/ironman you know what im sayin.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

I think this album gets better with time. I didn't really enjoy it first listen, but once I heard it a few times (been about a week now) I've been liking it more and more.

First day I heard it: 6/10
    Now: 7.5/10

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

I haven't copped the album yet but heard the whole thing. After waiting awhile for some new material from Doom...I must say I'm kind of disappointed. I'm not saying it's wack but it's not spectacular either. Like some of the previous posts here, this album is something that has to grow on you. I'll give it a couple more listens before I can rate it fairly. That joint ''absolutely'' is the dopest song on there in my opinion. It's vintage Doom. It has such a chill beat to it.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Veteran Member

"It's vintage Doom. It has such a chill beat to it."

If your speaking beat-wise, apparantly its a Madlib beat. I saw the final prod.credits @ UGHH.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
    I haven't copped the album yet but heard the whole thing. After waiting awhile for some new material from Doom...I must say I'm kind of disappointed. I'm not saying it's wack but it's not spectacular either. Like some of the previous posts here, this album is something that has to grow on you. I'll give it a couple more listens before I can rate it fairly. That joint ''absolutely'' is the dopest song on there in my opinion. It's vintage Doom. It has such a chill beat to it.
    yeah check the sig

that and gazzionlaire make the album worth coppin

Gazillion
    Absoultely
    Rap Ambush
    Batty Boyz
    Cellz
    Microwave Mayo
    That's That

^all dope tracks

lightworks isn't bad after a few listens either.. wish it never was rapped over by anyone though.. noone has done justice to it

Oh.. and I think batty boyz is about how gay superhero's costumes are.. not anything against gay people or anything.. there's been some controversey over it.
    Last edited by iammzac; 03-22-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "It's vintage Doom. It has such a chill beat to it."

If your speaking beat-wise, apparantly its a Madlib beat. I saw the final prod.credits @ UGHH.com
    My bad. You're right...it is a Madlib beat. Thanks.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

what happen to Microwave Mayos drums? they just seem to dissapear when they come in, when it sounds like they should be thumpin the shit out of it

Thats why im not a Jake1 fan, his drums dont have any special feeling to them, they aint gotta bang, but look how Madlib crafts them on Absolutlely, he knows how to vibe with it

^i felt the same way listening to that today.. album is really dope though.. hip hop needed this

I was listening to this shit again this arvo. This is the laziest shit I've ever heard. I don't know what the fuck he's trying to pull here. It sounds like he spent the 3 years or whatever recording an album, then scrapped it 2 weeks before the release date and started over again.

First of all, there's only about 3 actual songs on it. The rest is just Doom flowing over beats. Pretty fucken lazy when you consider Doom's creative capabilities. For example see any of his past albums.

Second, he recycled beats again.

And third and last, the lyrics on this album are fucken trash for the most part. Poor line structure, awkward multies, poor word selection. And his vocals sound fucked a lot of the time. I've never held Doom in high regard as an mc, but I listened to a bit of MM Food after listening to Born Like This today, just to see if I was trippin' and he'd always sounded that bad, but no. His line structure, lyrics and delivery were considerably better on MM Food.

Like I said, I really don't know what he's trying to pull here. This is some fucken lazy shit. I can listen to this joint because it's still ok music, some of it even pretty good, but as an album it's a lazy and uninspired effort, especially for somebody who has thrived on his creativity in the past, and I find Doom's performance as an mc on this album to be hard to tolerate at times.

At this point I can only manage about 4/10. Very unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    the lyrics on this album are fucken trash for the most part. Poor line structure, awkward multies, poor word selection.
    Youre a fucking clown lol. All future posts voided.

Why can't we all just get along?

So much negativity in this world.

I wish people would just spread the positive vibes around. Let the love flow and touch the hearts of all those they come into contact with.
    Last edited by noel411; 03-25-2009 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Stoned