Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: <<<< post your random thoughts regarding OB4CL...2 >>>>

true..i wish he would have rza pick & blend the movie samples..i know he would come with some unpredictable original stuff.but i quess they dont do business any more

but the piano loops is a must imo same with the cinema type sound like on knowledge god..also i hope the beats are kinda simple and laid back like on the original..well see

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Piano loops = most overrated type of hip-hop beat.

Sure, there've been shitloads of excellent beats that were piano loops, but people act like it's a sure shot. It isn't. Check 2006 Dre production.

And BTW, if any of them Dre beats ends on the album, it'll probably be a piano loop over a simple boom-clap rhythm ('cause Dre was working on the album in 06).
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

piano loops can be wack as fuck 50 cent has some corny ass generic loops..on many artists they sound exactly the same with the wack ass melody..hopefully rae gets it right

the way wu used to use them like a echoing short loop over hard hitting drums and bass with the piano sort of separated from the beat if anyone knows what i mean..like through the whole cuban linx

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    I hope the track with Rae on True Master's myspace will feature on this album. Shit is mad dope!

i couldnt agree with you more

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    Fuck that album.

Raekwon should retire.
    AHAHAHAHAHahaHAHHAH!!1

a lot of the shit you guys are posting is nerdy backpacker concerns and i would, like you to know that though you like the album it was not geared towards you at all and shouldn't be.

why would he make a insult a dumb south music if dumb south music rap about the exact same shit he does? and link cubanly?

like. i heard fags say they wanted warcloud on CL2

what?

seriously?

i dont like when ppl dont get albums.

Cubanlinx is for rich niggers who sell weight, projects and black kids, and man who built pyramids. it sounds stupid cause its lyrics off the song but this ain't no internet shit.

i only wanna hear Julio on it. that's all, just cause i think that would be the most epic level of cuban linkary.

i think the album, like the first, should have a culture in it's own that represent a real honest and original outlook on the rapper's lives, but there's 1000000000000000000000 ways to do that, and im not gonna pick one, keep on hearing this perfect idea in my head, hear raes and get suprised that he doesn't have the exact goals in music the imaginary rae in my head has.

i would like this shit, but im not expecting it. i would also like the hindu god Vishnu to appear on the next wu album, but that doesn't mean im waiting for it and when i dont see vishnu on the tracklist i'll flip dicks about it.

i just want a good album, one that's worth it's wait.

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    fuck busta rhymes(these days) and the game, being on the album.

can we return to the essence???? is that too much to ask for?

fuckin the game, lil wayne n shit... aint nobody tryin to hear that shit.
    the essence sucks

its 2009.

the essence sucks

i dont, and you don't, look forward to rza, gza,INS and masta killa, verses anymore. just stop lying to yourself. everyone.

you know you've heard the best 99% of wu has to offer. chill with the essence shit. they suck.

the only members that make sense to expect strong material from lyrically are meth, ghost, u-god, and rae.

yes u-god. fags.

if this has no wu features i wouldn't care, wu isn't wu anymore and there's still (believe it or not) good rappers outside of wu.

like, why would you want a CL2 song with nas on it? so that it can be, in very way shape and form, inferior to the CL1 song with nas or do you expect someone to make a better beat, nas to spit a better verse, and for them to have the lifestyles and mentalities at the age of 40 to replicate or surpass the magic of the first one or cause you're dumb?

make a cl2, and not a 2009 cl1.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

^word!

Veteran Member

"i dont, and you don't, look forward to rza, gza,INS and masta killa, verses anymore"

I do but only some. GZA would worry me the most outta the 4. I know RZA still has the Steelz persona left in him like on Pencil. INS, well his voice has been sounding proper but salcking here & there lyrically, hell have to step it up on CL2. Plus I wouldnt mind another Nas/Ghost/Rae song, I dont expect Nas's verse to be better or the beat for that matter....BUT dont CALL IT VERBAL INTERCOURSE 2. Rae has already had enough of the comparisons by making a sequel album & making Crim 2

Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    make a cl2, and not a 2009 cl1.
    Can't agree with u more.......why do we wanna here the same shit that we heard on the first one, TSA is rite 2, why would we want nas on this album cuz wutever he spits on the album will never be as good as his verse on cuban linx, its one of the best verses ever. that way game and bun b verses can surprise us and hopefully we can say wow i did not expect that dopeness from these artists! For real tho cuban Linx doesnt mean just clan members, although they have a big roll.....its for drug dealers and straight thug niggaz such as artists as game, bun b, rae, ghost, id consider the clipse, scarface, kool g rap, mobb deep, nas, etc.......so even if its not just all wu guest appearances or all rza production, it can still be cuban link style........thats why i liked wu ooh and state of grace......bc it was a different sound compared to the first linx and thats what we want.....bc in reality......when we had criminology 09, everyone thought it sucked cuz we're comparing it to the first one which was flawless.......if that was not a part 2 of a great song, ppl would probably think that the song was dope cuz i feel it is pretty dope.........neways just cant wait 4 the album 2 drop and then we'll never have 2 speculate or complain about guests and what not.......honestly tho, like a few other ppl said, im not 2 excited for an INS, GZA, or RZA verse cuz they dont even bring it nemore and i feel they can just hurt the album instead of help it
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Veteran Member

Yeah, when I saw the thread for Criminology 2, I wasn't expecting the beat to be similar. I was expecting some new beat for 2009, which was just as hype.

As far as what CL2 should sound like, I think Wu Ooh is a good indicator as to what the vibe should be like. The album should have some sort of 'Wu' feel to it, but an updated version for 2009, not trying to replicate the exact same formula of the original Cuban Linx, which may most likely disappoint many people. He just needs to make sure it comes out THIS summer.

All I want is good beats and a lot of Wu cameos...

Thats all I need...

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

i dont give a fuck anymore about this the cure or detox for that matter...hell im still waiting on tical 3 dammit

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nick14 View Post
    I think every line in State of Grace is Classic
    OMG the stanism is kill me hahahhahhaha
    bring back begongo!!

Banned

I stopped reading when thread starter said BDR was a flop.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.