3 1.57%
  • mediocre

0 0%
  • wack

2 1.05%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah - Ironman

Default Re: Ghostface Killah - Ironman

basically Winter Warz is fuckin bannannas, I want to make a song like it with a few local rappers here in Captown, just an ill seasonally themed beat, and lyrical insanity. It might be on that Strawberry Icecream LP for all you that follow that P.Legion rap.

1 Iron Maiden 5/5
    2 Wild Flower 4/5
    3 The Faster Blade 5/5
    4 260 5/5
    5 Assassination Day 5/5
    6 Poisonous Darts 4.5/5
    7 Winter Warz 5/5
    8 Box in Hand 5/5
    9 Fish 4/5
    10 Camay 5/5
    11 Daytona 500 5/5
    12 Motherless Child 5/5
    13 Black Jesus 5/5
    14 After The Smoke is Clear 4.5/5
    15 All That I Got is You 5/5
    16 Marvel 4.5/5
    17 The Soul Controller 5/5 one of the illest songs rarely heard now because the re-release took it off (sample clearance reasons) but this was the true end song
    it's like a epic journey, 6:50 minutes of illness....really hard to describe but you will just be speechless after you hear it. The movie quote at the end is the perfect way to end a album

the album is the perfect fusion of basically the Only built 4 cuban linx style production and the bobby digital shit

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
    17 The Soul Controller 5/5 one of the illest songs rarely heard now because the re-release took it off (sample clearance reasons) but this was the true end song
    it's like a epic journey, 6:50 minutes of illness....really hard to describe but you will just be speechless after you hear it. The movie quote at the end is the perfect way to end a album

the album is the perfect fusion of basically the Only built 4 cuban linx style production and the bobby digital shit
    That track was the shit. When you heard that shit it definately sounded like it was over.

Made ya wanna cry how perfect it was
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

most songs on this are totally ridiculous, a top 30 wu tang songs list would contain at least three quarters of this album. the only ones that aren't are wildflower, poisonous darts, after the smoke is clear (really dont like the drums on this song), and marvel which are just good and the faster blade which is boring.

1 Iron Maiden 5/5
    2 Wild Flower 4/5
    3 The Faster Blade 3/5
    4 260 5/5
    5 Assassination Day 5/5
    6 Poisonous Darts 4/5
    7 Winter Warz 5/5
    8 Box in Hand 5/5
    9 Fish 5/5
    10 Camay 4.5/5
    11 Daytona 500 5/5
    12 Motherless Child 5/5
    13 Black Jesus 5/5
    14 After The Smoke is Clear 4/5
    15 All That I Got is You 4.5/5
    16 Marvel 4/5
    17 The Soul Controller 5/5

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

1 Iron Maiden 4/5... great start by all three emcees...
    2 Wild Flower 3/5... overrated... ghost comes off sounding almost childish here... 'you did this, so i did that, so nehhhh'...
    3 The Faster Blade 4.5/5... short and sharp... just really good...
    4 260 3.5/5... sounds too much like iron maiden for my liking...
    5 Assassination Day 5/5... four great verses, particularly by rza and mk...
    6 Poisonous Darts 4/5... powerful beat and ghost hits it with the appropriate force...
    7 Winter Warz 3.5/5... not big on the beat or the chorus... u-god, cappa and mk do well though...
    8 Box in Hand 4.5/5... rae and meth overshadow ghost by a long way on this...
    9 Fish 5/5... fantastic...
    10 Camay 3/5... nice beat but the emcees bore me...
    11 Daytona 500 5/5... great beat, great hook, great verses...
    12 Motherless Child 3.5/5... never really got into this one...
    13 Black Jesus 4.5/5... the beat and u-god are phenomenal...
    14 After The Smoke is Clear 4/5... rza and rae are awesome...
    15 All That I Got is You 3.5/5... never quite got into this either...
    16 The Soul Controller 4.5/5... very good, nice switch up in the middle...
    17 Marvel - 5/5... the beat steals this one... love the way rza lets it run and plays with it...

^insignificant, you're review leaves me speachless with confusion

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

well then i'll just leave you to try and articulate your thoughts... i know it comes across as critical, but i was trying to keep it brief... you'd still be reading if i mentioned everything i like about the album...

nada ignorante

i only gave Winter Warz a 4/5 cuz of the beat, not the best beat on this album at all, the song is still classic though.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Really really good album. This is an amazing album flamboyance, rawness, love, hate, anger, laughter got it all. Really good 8.8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

my fav album out of the wu

FRESH FISH

When I need cheered up I stick on Daytona 500 I love this tune.

1 Iron Maiden | 4½/5 | This is a banger to start off the album with. Everyone come off sharp on this one, tho I like Raekwon's verse the most.

2 Wild Flower | 4½/5 | The beat is butter and got that typical RZA sound with it. Psychotic strings, keyboards and a Ghostface on rampage. Tho I think this song needed a hook or a chorus.

3 The Faster Blade | 4/5 | The concept for this song is basic. A beat and Raekwon rhyming over it. That's it, no hook, no Ghostface, just circa 40 bars of emceeing by the Chef. And I love it, im amazed how Raekwon could come off that hungry right after the success of OB4CL. But this song is too simple to get a higher rate.

4 260 | 5/5 | This is another classic storytelling song with Rae & Ghost rhyming back & forth. The beat is soo simple, yet so good. Classic.

5 Assassination Day | 5/5 | A possé cut without Ghostface, but it's all good. The song is off the hook, everyone spit fire over the beat. Best verse: Masta Killa. Another classic song.

6 Poisonous Darts | 4½/5 | For a long time I didn't like this track, but now I love it. Ghostface gets loose over the rapid beat, spittin' nothing but "poisonous darts". I love the lines aimed at The Source at the end, Ghost was ahead of his time I guess haha.

7 Winter Warz | 5/5 | Wow... There's not much left to be said about this song that has never been said before. Cappa holds the crown for the best verse but you can't forget that U-God drops a damn good one too! Another classic.

8 Box in Hand | 4½/5 | Right off the success of Winter Warz this track follows up. It's another solid banger from Ghost but it's not on the same amazing level as the other classics. But still, a damn good track.

9 Fish | 5/5 | Next classic: Fish. "We eat fish, toss salads and make rapballads" hahaha, Ghost drops the dopest verse here. This is the only track not produced by The RZA, this one's by True Master. 'Biscuits' off PTA always reminds me of this classic beat. Classic.

10 Camay | 5/5 | Wow... RZA took it to another level with the production on this one. The way he used that Teddy Pendergrass vocalsample and combined it with that seductive bassline and the piano is unbelievable. Not only that: Rae, Ghost and Cappa spit fire over the beat. But once again Ghost drops the best verse. "You sexy motherfucker! GOD DAMN!" hahaha. Classic.

11 Daytona 500 | 5/5 | This is a classic Wu-single. It's so soulful yet and the same time so raw. Raekwon impressed me with the way he flowed over the beat on this one, he takes the best verse. Classic.

12 Motherless Child | 5/5 | Wow... Yet another masterpiece by The RZA. This is arguably one of his hardest beats of all time. Once again he takes a vocalsample (this time from O.V. Wright) and takes it totally somewhere else. Raekwon got a short verse and allows Ghost to shine with another storytelling verse. Classic.

13 Black Jesus | 4/5 | Perhaps the weakest song on the album, but not bad at all. Just like Hand In Box, not on the same level as the other tracks.

14 After The Smoke is Clear | 4½/5 | The beat is simple. A drumpattern with a bassline and The Delphonics wailing over it. But it works, no doubt! Great song, tho the production could've been better.

15 All That I Got is You | 5/5 | Wow... I've been praising RZA's production a lot, but now it's time for Ghost to get shine. He drops one of the REALEST verses in raphistory. Anyone can feel his pain and misery he went through his childhood thanks to this track. There's no other way to put it but... Classic.

16 Marvel | 4/5 | This track appears as weak coming right after 'All That I Got Is You'. But it's not bad at all, but I always skip it tho.

17 The Soul Controller | 4/5 | This track should've been #15 and 'All That I Got Is You' should've been #17, that would've been the ideal way to finish the album. But instead 'The Soul Controller' ends the album, a fine track. But I always get somewhat lost in what Ghost is talking about and I can't understand this song.

Overall:
    5/5
    This is a classic album by Ghostface, RZA, Raekwon and Cappadonna hands down. There's no bad songs, no bad production, no bad verses, it's almost flawless. Almost. A few tracks could've been more structured and organized. The RZA drops one of his most consistent albums, productionwise. There's several classic beats by The Abbot and you could already hear traces of his future Bobby Digital sound. To sum it all up in one word: CLASSIC.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks
    In my opinion this is Ghosts best album to date, its just too raw
    Ghostface Killah at his best, Supreme Clientele is a close second though.

But Ironman is unfuckable with.

1 Iron Maiden 5/5 beautiful intro song
    2 Wild Flower 4/5 ghost is spittin fire here
    3 The Faster Blade 5/5 fuckin dope cut
    4 260 5/5 classic the beat is ill
    5 Assassination Day 4/5 dope fam track
    6 Poisonous Darts 4/5 dope could've been longer though
    7 Winter Warz 4/5 cappa kills
    8 Box in Hand 5/5 classic
    9 Fish 4/5 dope
    10 Camay 5/5 another classic
    11 Daytona 500 5/5 classic
    12 Motherless Child 5/5 illzzz
    13 Black Jesus 5/5 Ugod is dope here
    14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 rza and ghost killed it
    15 All That I Got is You 5/5 ghost gets deep n shit
    16 Marvel 4/5 dope song to finish it

This album is classic!
    surely it is....it's one of the 7 great classics of the wu tang

Niggas Against Society Ironman Starks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH
    2 Wild Flower 2,5/5 It's pure ghostface but Im not feeling that track

3 The Faster Blade 1/5 Only track I skip

10 Camay 2/5 oh I forgot: I skip camay too

14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 My favorite track of the album ! Damn how can RZA drop so much classic beats in one album ??? (three verses are ill !)

15 All That I Got is You 4,5/5 Mary J + Ghost = classic slow song ( some realness here)
    ^^^wildflower was crazyy i actually like the intro too "That was the best fuckin i have ever had!"

faster blade is not a 1/5....

camay is possible the best hip-hop love song ever IMO beat is hot and so is the teddy pendergrass sample

i actually skip after the smoke is clear

all that i got is you was aight the first time hearing it but i think ive listened to it maybe 3 times and ive had had the cd for maybe 8 years

everything else is fire

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalB
    When I need cheered up I stick on Daytona 500 I love this tune.
    worrd i love to speed up when im in my ride and i hear this song.