Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your unpopular opinions on hiphop that you like to say, not giving a fuck?

Default What are your unpopular opinions on hiphop that you like to say, not giving a fuck?

1. Common, Talib Kweli, and Mos Def are all overrated. wackass jazzy backpack beats with their stupid conscious bullshit - I dont buy into that. resurrection was far too overrated, only good songs being resurrection and I used to love her. rest are wack cause of commons monotone delivery. they all need to write a book instead if you wanna express knowledge.

2. ATLiens is by far the most overrated album ever considered a classic.

3. Lupe Fiasco is the most overrated rapper ever since he entered the game.

4. Rakim is the most overrated rapper OF ALL-TIME. his monotone style puts me to sleep. no swag, no charisma. he gets a pass for being a pioneer but other than that, his style is straight up wacka nd puts me to sleep.

5. AZ shouldve retired after his 2nd album. he's done nothing after that, talkin about the same shit. his career is an epic failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
    1. Common, Talib Kweli, and Mos Def are all overrated. wackass jazzy backpack beats with their stupid conscious bullshit - I dont buy into that. resurrection was far too overrated, only good songs being resurrection and I used to love her. rest are wack cause of commons monotone delivery. they all need to write a book instead if you wanna express knowledge.

4. Rakim is the most overrated rapper OF ALL-TIME. his monotone style puts me to sleep. no swag, no charisma. he gets a pass for being a pioneer but other than that, his style is straight up wacka nd puts me to sleep.

boom. co sign. i was about to shit on these guys too (excluding AZ and Outkast).
    Last edited by SL33; 03-22-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Cold Bottles of Becks Tonystarks420's Avatar

i pretty much agree with everyone of those points, espeically ATLiens

also, i dont see the hype for Kool Keith. i couldnt even get into his Dr.Octagon album.

5. AZ shouldve retired after his 2nd album. he's done nothing after that, talkin about the same shit. his career is an epic failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonystarks420 View Post
    i pretty much agree with everyone of those points, espeically ATLiens

also, i dont see the hype for Kool Keith. i couldnt even get into his Dr.Octagon album.
    It takes a real slimgullian to even have these opinions.
    You're not diamond crook material.

damn the new thing seems to be "fuck backpacker/underground Hip Hop"

J Dilla, in general was a wack producer, he had a couple of hot beats (raise it up) but not like you people make him out to have....

Nas aint been good since Illmatic....

2Pac is the most overrated rapper ever....

Ghostface, Rae, Deck, aint that good....

Dr Dre aint made good beats since Doggystyle....

Southernplayalisticaddillacmusick is the best Outkast album...

Asher Roth is a good rapper....

Kris Kross & Da Brats music is good, for what it is....

i'd rather listen to Britney Spears than Nas....

No Limit & Cash Money put out some rediculously heavy records in their heyday....

sure i got more, i'll just let you mull over these for a while

Tupac had no classics

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I think people are trying to use this thread to look badass and "against the grain".

i think some people are brainwashed & cant form their own opinions on stuff, even if it is against the grain.......and i think some people are scared to voice their opinions in fear of being ridiculed for it...........stop giving a fuck and voice your shit......

Quote Originally Posted by KLIION JENSEN View Post
    J Dilla, in general was a wack producer, he had a couple of hot beats (raise it up) but not like you people make him out to have....

Nas aint been good since Illmatic....

2Pac is the most overrated rapper ever....

Ghostface, Rae, Deck, aint that good....

Dr Dre aint made good beats since Doggystyle....

Southernplayalisticaddillacmusick is the best Outkast album...

Asher Roth is a good rapper....

Kris Kross & Da Brats music is good, for what it is....

i'd rather listen to Britney Spears than Nas....

No Limit & Cash Money put out some rediculously heavy records in their heyday....

sure i got more, i'll just let you mull over these for a while
    I have no idea how you came up with that shit.

Mine:

- I like Aesop Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    I have no idea how you came up with that shit.

Mine:

- I like Aesop Rock.

the J Dilla shit...i got like a 2 disc album of Dilla beats, a couple of em were good, but the rest all sounded shit....just not my taste in hip hop...but too many people love his shit and i dont get why....

Ghost Rae & Deck used to be good, not so much now, i'm slowly getting bored with em, i'd rather watch em in interviews than listen to the songs...

he's entertaining man, he dont try too hard to be hard or whatever, he brings fun to hip hop, and thats what the games been missing alot of....

what can i say, Nas aint done shit good since 1994, infact nah, throw The Firm album in there too, whereas Britney never fails to dissapoint

Veteran Member

KRS-One is a tosser.

Wu Vatican

agree

hardcore disagree

swag is overrated gayness in hip hop.

i think J5 was terrible.

jeezy is terrible.

a decent argument can be made for scarface as the greatest opposed to biggie.

nas only has 1 classic.

the beastie boys have more classic/really good albums than most every other rappers.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by KLIION JENSEN View Post
    the J Dilla shit...i got like a 2 disc album of Dilla beats, a couple of em were good, but the rest all sounded shit....just not my taste in hip hop...but too many people love his shit and i dont get why....

Ghost Rae & Deck used to be good, not so much now, i'm slowly getting bored with em, i'd rather watch em in interviews than listen to the songs...

he's entertaining man, he dont try too hard to be hard or whatever, he brings fun to hip hop, and thats what the games been missing alot of....

what can i say, Nas aint done shit good since 1994, infact nah, throw The Firm album in there too, whereas Britney never fails to dissapoint
    Yeah well, i agree on some things.

I don't on Dilla, maybe check out some Pharcyde, but i can see how some people might not like his style.

Ghost and Rae suck now, i wouldn't bother checking for them. But they have about 3 classic albums between them still.

Asher Roth is a cunt to me, but each to their own.

I still listen to old Nas, but yeah, he sucks now also.

eminem is wack and hasn't been good since his his second album

ironman is the best wu tang solo

rza should have never started rapping because he says stupid shit and fucks up the song

doom is now a fucking faggot

planet asia is underrated

pharcydes first album is fuckin wack

i dont know why yall niggas like cam'ron