Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your unpopular opinions on hiphop that you like to say, not giving a fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Agree about Kweli, Common, Mos Def and Lupe.

Big L was generally a dope rapper, but some of his verses were absolutely fucken terrible.

A lot of MF Doom's lyrics are fucken atrocious, since he discovered multies and started abusing the shit out of them. He's a pretty bad rapper all in all actually.

Pretty much all dead mc's and producers are hugely overrated.

Good thread.
    damn yo, I appreciate you givin me the props with the thread but Im just scratchin my head with the bolded.

in my opinion, Big L is the only rapper EVER to never slip on one track. he never spat a wack verse in his life. yes, I'd say if he lived to sign to the ROC, he wouldve then made shit verses but he was underground his whole active career and he kept it fresh. which verses do you think were terrible? just curious.

and I love how everyone is fucking up lupe. garbage ass rapper shouldve stuck to skateboarding.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    any man who plays R&B without a girl present is a fag
    if it wasnt for r&b there would be no rap you canadian faggit

if big l, big pun, biggie or 2pac stayed alive, jay-z wouldnt of had any room for fame in the rap game...plz believe it

Quote Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
    this and mic tyson's murs one are so on point

you see murs now? his newest video he got the dumbest haircut ever and he is making out with roxy reynolds who has taken more nuts to the face than any video vixen he could have used.
    lol thats what im sayin his newest album was whatever. he was tryin to get commercial
    Last edited by Mic Tyson; 03-22-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
    if it wasnt for r&b there would be no rap you canadian faggit
    you're a fucking retard obviously I mean contemporary R&B you stupid douche.

the term "contemporary r&b" is just as retarded if not MORE retarded than the term "neo soul"..... stop puttin labels on shit u canadian fruit

the term "contemporary r&b" is just as retarded if not MORE retarded than the term "neo soul"..... stop puttin labels on shit u canadian fruit
    you are so ridiculously stupid, it is INSANE. LMAO

contemporary means modern you fucking retard.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    contemporary means modern you fucking retard.
    really??!???! is that what it means??!?!?! oh my god for all these years i have never known what the word contemporary means, gee jason thanks for droppin that profound science on my dome

faggit

if big l, big pun, biggie or 2pac stayed alive, jay-z wouldnt of had any room for fame in the rap game...plz believe it
    maybe biggie and pac but not L and pun. Hov was already made when L died and hard knock life won the grammy over capital punishment in '99. not sayin that was iight cause CP was 10x better than Vol. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Chungsanity
    maybe biggie and pac but not L and pun. Hov was already made when L died and hard knock life won the grammy over capital punishment in '99. not sayin that was iight cause CP was 10x better than Vol. 2.
    true true but i dont think he would be held in the same regard that he is now.... definitely wouldnt of gained legendary status but thats jus my opinion

2 of mine are:

i dont think 50's lost a real beef hes been in. game coulda won, but got waaaaay too emotional and started making whole mixtape albums dedicated to 50.

and jay-z was the better in his beef with nas.

'

really??!???! is that what it means??!?!?! oh my god for all these years i have never known what the word contemporary means, gee jason thanks for droppin that profound science on my dome

faggit

BUAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!

Drake is the best newcomer of 2009 so far.. We'll see what Wale has in store but IDK about his 'chillin' single..

This thread is one of the largest congregations of imbeciles on the internet to date.

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Ghostface occasionally uses a ghostwriter for singles and guest appearances

Hip hop would still be hip hop if Dre had retired after his Deathrow days

Master P and Jay-z are the rapper/hustler archetype

Biggie's success can be directly attributed to Puffy's marketing. Big didn't even like Big Poppa. Also Life after Death was Puffy's vision and not Biggie's, according to Puff...months before he died

Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, and Kool G Rap are still dope

Pac mastered the sensitive thug routine

EPMD is garbage

De La Soul and Tribe Called Quest have some classic songs, but in general I think they're wack

Modern day Down South music is sambo-ish. This obviously excludes Outkast, Goodie Mob, Dungeon Family in general, Juvenile, Lil Wayne, Scarface, Devin the Dude, UGK, BG aka B Gizzle, T.I., Mystikal, C Murder, MAC, Fiend, Mr. Magic, Mia X, Big Ed, Ludacris, etc

Your favorite rapper/producer has a rapper/producer B. It's part of the business. It's not about not being able to write music, it's about being able to meet deadlines for labels and create radio songs. Yes this applies to Ghostface, Eminem, Ludacris, Ol Dirty Bastard, etc

Guru, Saigon, Papoose, Corey Gunz, Asher Roth get far too much respect for being mediocore at best

Twista should be considered one of the greatest MCs. At least top 50

Power of the Dollar is actually a dope record

Beastie Boys are worst to ever claim to be hip hop

La the Darkman does coke rap better than everyone else, except Raekwon

the Clipse are crack heads

Hip Hop needs to grow up and go back to it's more diverse roots on the radio. Gangsta Rap, reality rap, down south, midwest all have their place. Everyone doesn't have to sound the same.

Underground rappers are just as bad as commercial rappers

Coming into the love the game is naive

No Limit actually had some real spitters - Mia X, MAC, Big Ed, C Murder, and Magic could out do their coastal counterparts

RZA and Kanye's egos are out of control

Busta Rhymes seems like the most untrustworthy person ever to claim to be "real." That nigga is a snake

Eminem has nothing else to rap about anymore unless it's about Big Proof's death

In the larger community: Chino XL, Killah Priest, Tech N9ne, Twista, Xzibit, RA the Rugged Man, Big Pun, Cormega, Sticky Fingaz, Hell Razah, Prodigal Sunn are criminally underrated

Fabolous is the dopest punch line rapper that's selling records

Ras Kass and Joe Budden failed at mainstream success. They are their dopest on mixtapes and that's it.

Dipset is generally horrible...except for the beatmakers and Cam'Ron

Before Roc-A-Fella, Cam'Ron was dope. Crime Pays looks like a return to form

Prodigy is dope on everything except Blood Money

Capone and Nore are boring as fuck together

Ice Water's and Northstar's debut records were solid efforts

Free Murda has his moments, but his album was bootsie

MF Doom is criminally overrated

RZA's new style fits RZA's personality

Pete Rock gets respect, but should get a lot more

Heltah Skeltah's DIRT captured everything missing in Hardcore East Coast Rap

There's just too many...